“Best Italian, Best Desert award!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in East Bend
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best Italian, Best Desert award!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

SERIOUSLY???? This place is WONDERFUL!! We had dinner there last night and while we were walking in we asked a couple walking out how it was and they said they hated the meal had to end. Well, by the end of the evening our group felt the same way, we had lasagne, spaghetti and meatballs and baked Rigatoni and the Pièce de résistance, the homemade Cream Puff. We all ordered and thankfully they had enough, as apparently they run out early in the evening normally but this was a stormy night and not as busy. I cannot describe how phenomenal this desert was. If you want to have a simple, but at the same time perfect dinner, please do yourself a favor and take the time to drive out of your way for this quaint dinner destination. I couldn't wait to write this review and I can't wait for our next visit. Thankfully it's an hour drive for us, otherwise I would become a regular and gain 40 lbs!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Would not return, would not recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had planned to have dinner at Sanders Ridge winery however due to a private event we could not, so we decided to try Kitchen Roselli.

We arrived at 5:15pm to find 3 groups of people sitting outside waiting for Roselli's to open at 5:30pm. When Roselli's open five minutes late, we of course waited for the others to go inside and then proceeded inside (one one came after us.) We were asked if we had reservations and said no. The lady said "well I can seat you but it will about 15 minutes." This seemed very strange to both of us, but since we were in an area with little else in the way of restaurants, we decided to stay.

The entire time we waited the 15 minutes outside not one other person went into the restaurant!!! After 15 minutes we were told "we are ready for you." We went into the resaurant to find out of about 20 tables (it is a small restaurant) only 3 tables were occupied. At this point we are both turn off with this type of service. There was no explaination given.

For an upscale italian restaurant (prices are $15-$18) Roselli's decor is horrible. It looks as though someone went to a flea market bought every ugly plate they could find and put them on the shelves.They also have a few large tomato cans on the shelves. All of this is just throw on the shelves with no rhyme or reason.

Now to the food. My husband ordered the Chicken Bianco ($18) and I ordered the Manicotti ($15.50) The entrees come with a salad. The waiter suggested their "secret dressing that has been in the family for 35 years." All I can say is no wonder it has been a 35 year family secret - it is mainly sugar - horrible!!!

The salad was ok but many of my chopped up tomatoes were squishy, which to me means the tomatoes are past their prime.

When our entrees arrived it came with bread, which was very sweet. It was so sweet that I had 2 bites and that was it. Do not expect garlic bread.

The chicken in the Chicken Bianco tasted like can chicken from "Chicken of the Sea." My husband said the alfredo sauce tasted curdled. My Manicotti was good but nothing I would return for and especially not for $15.50!!

We asked for parmesan and when it came to the table I knew it was imitation. When I asked the waiter if it was fresh parmesan, all he said was "no, it is um, um, um." I told him to take it back. If I were at an italian restaurant that entrees were $5, I would expect the Kraft green container of parmesan cheese but would expect fresh graded at the table parmesan at a restaurant that entrees are this expensive.

The best bargin at this restaurant was the house red wine at $5.50. It was very good.

After being there for approx an hour and ready to leave, there were still 3 tables that had not been occupied the entire time, so again why we had to wait those 15 extra minutes to be seated will remain a mystery!!!

We left feeling more like the owners and staff felt very highly of the restaurant and not the customers. As stated, we will not return and can not recommend Kitchen Roselli!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
NC
“Delicious, fresh and fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Kitchen Roselli has melt-in-you-mouth ricotta gnocchi in the best tomato sauce. The manicotti is equally light and delicious. I have been there with large groups and no one has left disappointed. One tip...if you want a cream puff for dessert (which I highly recommend) let them know with your food order! This restaurant is worth the drive from Winston Salem. Lovely, dedicated owners.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
King, North Carolina
“great food ... horrible customer service...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

we have been loyal weekly customers for about 5 years and before that were regulars at their families restaurant sunny italy in north wilkesboro... so on our way back from the beach we decided on rosellis, to our surprise when we arrived there we were refused service due to their new reservation only policy... we have been loyal weekly customers during the tough economy even when they raised prices, cut portion size, changed ingredients, and raised prices again... less than 1 year ago they would not take reservations or call ahead seating, their website only recommends reservation... we were told by the owner that they do take a few walk up customers but had reached their limit... this with the restaurant only being half full and open for about 20 minutes...with that being said i would like to say thanks for not remembering those of us who have supported you during your growing pains...so thank you for opening our eyes to another authentic italian restaurant within 20 minutes of you.... one of your best and loyal ex customer s..... mikie g

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful food, horrible price tag!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Let me say point blank... The food was great! The price however for what you got was horrible... One if the best Italian meals I have had & what blows my mind is that it was in East Bend, NC.... Just didn't expect to pay Tokyo prices!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere