“Impressed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

i haven't stayed at a Red Roof Inn in years. Thought the chain has gone down hill. this location may change my mind. The King upgraded room for $65/night had hard wood floors and a very nice TV and desk work space. bed was comfortable and the hard wood floors were nice. i was stuck there the night of the blizzard barely making it off the highway to this place. several restaurants close by (all closed due to the blizzard). convenient location. i will stay hear again if in the area.

Room Tip: Get the upgraded King room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The rate and 15-minute drive to the Duke Clinic make this a very viable option to anyone who needs to use those medical facilities (my good wishes for recovery are with you!). It's by no means a luxury hotel, but it does the trick with no muss, no fuss. Just a few things to have in mind:
Coffee available in tiny lobby to take out - companion suprised by how good it was.
I left my purse behind and they very efficiently and nicely called our listed number to alert me. Very, very nice and honest of them.
Our companion's room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke, so if you have respiratory issues, be sure to stress a no-smoking room.
Reading lights are quite bright so if you're a reader and want to spare your companion, pack a book light or eReader.
No interior corridors, so it's a long and chilly walk to the front desk - ask for what you need before you head for your room.
3 pillows on our King bed, so if you like to prop up, bring your own or ask for a 4th before heading to your room.
Tiny lobby is tucked away under the near corner of the building as you enter the lot from 55. Easy to miss.
Rooms not fully carpeted so best to pack slippers.

Room Tip: Rooms have outdoor corridors. On cold night, pick one close to elevator or stairs.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
M Foster U, Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank-you for your great comments.. The entire staff takes pride on being able to go the extra mile for our guests. I will pass along your great comments to the team. Please visit us again when you are in the area.
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went to see a Duke game in Durham and was very pleased with the accommodation @ the RRI. The price was right. It had been completely remodeled and all brand new. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Close to grocery stores and walmart. We will be back for the next Duke game we attend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank-you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I will forward your great comments to my staff. We pride ourselves on providing great customer service.
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The 2 ladies named above made this Red Roof Inn visit special!

Tasia was especially friendly when I signed into the hotel. I was especially tired on arrival; however Tasia's friendly and efficient sign-in assistance made my fatigue go away. She assigned me a really clean room in a quite location on the first floor. Even though I was tired, I enjoyed learning about her family; she adores her husband and loves her 3 children. This kind of talk always makes me feel great. I had a big smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart when I left for my room. Thank you Tasia!

Nicky signed me out from the hotel on the following morning. She was especially friendly and concerned that I enjoyed my stay. (A customer can always tell when the agent is sincere and Nicky was sincere. I could see it in her eyes.) I noticed on Nicky's business card that her current title is "Interim Manager". My advise is that her promotion should be made a priority because it is obvious that she knows her job extremely well and sails a very good / tight ship.

When I got to my destination, I realized that I had forgotten to pack a charger for my Samsung tablet that I practically can not live without. Nicky has been most supportive for having returned to me. Thank you Nicky!

Whenever I am returning to VA from FL, the RRI at RTP is always my first choice!

Room Tip: Rooms on the "back side", away from Rt 55 are quieter. Because of my age, I like the firs...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our son and family live in Durham and we try to visit them 3-4 times a year so it is important for us to have a quality motel at a fair price.The Red Roof in Durham meets all of that.It has recently been updated the staff is very friendly and extremely helpful and the motel is very close to were our son lives and easy access to Interstate 40.Steve at the front desk alway has a smile and is willing to help us out anytime.I would recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
M Foster U, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had a wonderful experience with Tasia when I was checking in. She was very nice she made me feel very welcomed there. When i got to my room it smelled and look great. I was very comfortable in the room. I will definitely be recommending the location to friends and family. Thanks for the great experience.

• Stayed January 2014
M Foster U, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank-you for the great comments!! Tasia is a valued team member and I will be sure to let her know that you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us when you are in the area again.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I chose this hotel for its convience to the airport and the shopping malls. The hotel staff was great both at check-in and during my 2 o'night stay. The price was shocking for this area as it was only $54.00 with many places to get gas, food choices, it is at exit 278 off of I-40. Which is # 1 for both traveling east or west and going out of RDU or returning from trip. The hotel was super clean and SMOKE FREE (thank you). I am a disabled vet and they gave me a room on the 1st floor. The hotel was quiet and the desk clerk (Niki) very helpful. I WILL refer this hotel and stay her in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for room with frig/microwave! Room on back side is very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank-you for your great comments!! We are pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and that our team provided great customer service. We look forward in seeing you in the future.

Been to Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park? Share your experiences!