“Good for a value motel” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4405 Highway 55, Durham, NC 27713   |
Ranked #43 of 70 Hotels in Durham
Massillon, Ohio
“Good for a value motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stopped here for one night on a trip to Wilmington NC from Ohio. The place was typical of a Red roof, nothing fancy. I rented a King suite and it had everything advertised. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Location is good with food nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
M Foster U, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank-you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I will forward your great comments to my staff. We pride ourselves on providing great customer service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Franklinton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

You couldn't ask for better customer seervice. Everyone is very friendly and treats us well. The rooms are well cleaned. The Manager does a great job in making sure things are right and that your stay was great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
M Foster U, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Kim W,

Thank-you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We appreciate the positive feedback. We strive to make sure we provide you with a very clean room and outstanding service while you are staying with us.

We looked forward to being of service on your next visit to our location.

M.Foster Uzzell
Red Roof Inn #155
Durham,NC
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I just drove from MI in a 26 ft uhaul plus car tow - needed a place to crash. It's cheap and that's all. It's located near the interstate - 1 block away - "nice"
Across the street is cracker barrel - That I highly recommend

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Durham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I drove from Oklahoma City and was tired when I arrived. They would not allow me to look at a room before I checked in. I offered my ID, credit card and was still told no. My wife said just get the room. After checking in, I went to the first room. The fridge did not work, so we asked for another room. The next room we looked at had someone staying in it. On the third try, we got a room. The fridge had a huge chunk of ice on the cooling plate, so I had to defrost it with MY hair dryer before I could put my food in it. The house keeping staff was very friendly and willing to do what ever we needed to insure a pleasant stay. When I went to check out the bill was higher than I expected. I was told I was in a deluxe room that had a microwave and fridge in it. I thought all rooms had these in them. When I asked about it, I was told I signed a paper stating that I was in a deluxe room. My bill was higher than I expected, but what can I do. I had to stay an extra night to get the discount rate I was quoted on the phone Nice place, just be sure to read the several pages of paper they make you sign at check in to avoid a surprise at check out. Good Luck!

Room Tip: You can not look at a room before you check in so your guess is as good as mine. Just be sure to che...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stay in many hotels for business on the road and am aware of cleanliness and friendly front desk staff - this Red Roof has both of these in spades. It is a budget hotel - with exterior hallways - but if you are looking for a clean room in the heart of Research Triangle Park with very friendly staff for a great price this is the place to go.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Beaufort, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I selected this motel because I was impressed by the reviews on TripAdvisor. Here is what I experienced: the front desk and housekeeping staff were efficient, pleasant, and helpful - it seemed to me that they had undergone training regarding good customer service. My room was nice and clean and the bed comfortable. However, I did have a problem with the refrigerator in the room not cooling and the maintenance man who came and looked at it was curt, unhelpful, and seemingly unconcerned about the issue (it remained unfixed and I had to use several buckets of ice to keep my food cold enough to keep it from spoiling). When I returned home I found an email from Red Roof Inn asking me to evaluate my experience there. I gave a fair, but not great, reply. The next morning I received a personal call from the manager, apologizing and stating in no uncertain terms that the maintenance employee would be dealt with and given additional training in customer service. It seemed to me that the manager was very concerned about customer service and the experience I had. Thus, knowing that sometimes things just happen, and with regard to his personal concern about my visit to his motel, I must rate this as a positive experience and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I've chosen the red roof inn of triangle park because I ken already the quality of this chain and because the hotel is at a very convenient distance from Duke University and the airport.
This time I found an extra value with a whole team very dedicated to serve their clients.
From the management to the operation, they were very dedicated to help me when I had to book a cab quickly for a late appointment at the other side of the town.
As a foreigner, they were of a great support for me and this is why I highly recommend the place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
M Foster U, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank-you for your great comments. We take pride on being able to provide a great rooms at a affordable price. Please visit us again when you are in the area.