“Clean friendly budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4405 Highway 55, Durham, NC 27713   |
Ranked #37 of 69 Hotels in Durham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Clean friendly budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stay in many hotels for business on the road and am aware of cleanliness and friendly front desk staff - this Red Roof has both of these in spades. It is a budget hotel - with exterior hallways - but if you are looking for a clean room in the heart of Research Triangle Park with very friendly staff for a great price this is the place to go.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Beaufort, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I selected this motel because I was impressed by the reviews on TripAdvisor. Here is what I experienced: the front desk and housekeeping staff were efficient, pleasant, and helpful - it seemed to me that they had undergone training regarding good customer service. My room was nice and clean and the bed comfortable. However, I did have a problem with the refrigerator in the room not cooling and the maintenance man who came and looked at it was curt, unhelpful, and seemingly unconcerned about the issue (it remained unfixed and I had to use several buckets of ice to keep my food cold enough to keep it from spoiling). When I returned home I found an email from Red Roof Inn asking me to evaluate my experience there. I gave a fair, but not great, reply. The next morning I received a personal call from the manager, apologizing and stating in no uncertain terms that the maintenance employee would be dealt with and given additional training in customer service. It seemed to me that the manager was very concerned about customer service and the experience I had. Thus, knowing that sometimes things just happen, and with regard to his personal concern about my visit to his motel, I must rate this as a positive experience and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I've chosen the red roof inn of triangle park because I ken already the quality of this chain and because the hotel is at a very convenient distance from Duke University and the airport.
This time I found an extra value with a whole team very dedicated to serve their clients.
From the management to the operation, they were very dedicated to help me when I had to book a cab quickly for a late appointment at the other side of the town.
As a foreigner, they were of a great support for me and this is why I highly recommend the place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
M Foster U, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank-you for your great comments. We take pride on being able to provide a great rooms at a affordable price. Please visit us again when you are in the area.
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I travel to Durham on a weekly basis and i must say this place is so convenient and worth the money. It's clean and the area is very safe. No problems when i check in to my room and the staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: Book your room online ahead of time.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
State Road
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed in a non-smoking King at the Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park . The room was extremely clean and everything was in proper working order. The bathroom was very spacious, which was a nice surprise compared to other inns. The staff was very nice and the rate was less than 50 bucks. You can't beat this hotel on its value for the money. I will definitely stay at this Red Roof Inn again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Room was very clean. All furniture was in good repair. There was a safe in the room. No fridge or microwave, but I didn't expect one either. Tv had HBO and other cable stations I would expect. I received a AAA discount which made my room with 2 double beds cost $69. The rooms do all have entrances that are outside and I know that isn't supposed to be safe, but it was fine with us. Nice place to lay our heads.

• Stayed March 2012
Greenville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

After many stays at RDU area motels at $100 or thereabouts, this out-of-pocket trip meant looking for a bargain. I decided to give this bargain motel a try and was very pleased. A very nice, clean room, new furniture, great Wi-Fi, close to restaurants, very friendly staff. For a bargain hunter, if you are not looking for lots of perks but want clean, safe, comfortable room, this is the place. I will definitely stay next time I am in area.

Room Tip: highway side is not quiet, though I was on that side and was not bothered by noise
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park? Share your experiences!