“Only if you have no other options” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #49 of 67 Hotels in Durham
FORT WORTH
“Only if you have no other options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

They do a lot of business with the VA medical center. Rooms were clean and the hotel was quiet. Breakfast was borderline. The office staff were very accommodating and kind, but somewhat understaffed at 4PM.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AmandaB_NC, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you aren't very pleased on your recent stay with us. We are working on making the check in process much faster and smoother for everyone. We work hard to give everyone the best experience possible.

I am glad that you found your room to be clean and quiet. Thank you for leaving us feedback. We value it greatly to help us improve our services and accommodations. I do hope you give us another chance to give you a better impression.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was recently in Durham, visiting some relatives. Not wanting to spend much time in the room, I looked up budget options in the area. And I have to mention that I was very happy with this hotel. I think it’s recently been renovated as the eds-linen and carpeting felt as clean as new. The rooms have a nice TV and the loos are large. Their pool was really clean and I used it a couple times while I was there. They provided me with towels without me even asking. The staff is very polite and helpful. Since I was out most of the day the breakfast was important to me. And the breakfast spread here is really good. This hotel has definitely upgraded itself and deserves better rating on TripAdvisor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AmandaB_NC, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. Hearing positive feedback from our guest's is always encouragement to our whole team. Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Jacksonville, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Wanted a clean room, comfortable bed, reasonably priced for one night in Durham. Saw a coupon in hotel book at a NC rest stop for this QI..$47. Reviews were good so called & found out must show coupon at check-in. Friendly Leslie honored coupon, helped w/ directions to Randy's Pizza (excellent!). Room was spotless, new carpet, king bed perfect (nice soft sheets), granite counter top at sink, clean shower, good A/C, no outside noise, lower level w/ convenient parking, cookies at service desk in evening, and good wifi signal. Breakfast was good w/ more than usual hotel free breakfast food. What a great deal even if one had to pay the full price. All QIs should take lessons from this one!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AmandaB_NC, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for such a kind review! It is always an encouragement for our team to hear such high praises from our guests. You certainly made my day and I plan to post your review on our wall of fame to encourage everyone else to keep up their efforts to provide excellent customer service.

Come again soon! We'll have the cookies ready and waiting for you!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I attended a day function at this hotel. The meeting room was nice and had plenty of room for our needs. The lobby and adjoining facilities were excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful. The pool and surrounding area were very clean and were being enjoyed by a lot of the guests. I did not stay in a room but I did take a look at one that was like a very nice efficiency apartment. Outstanding.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
AmandaB_NC, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Come again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because it was the lowest priced hotel in the area that has a pool. Double rooms were fully booked, so we got a "king" suite. The beds were only double/fulls, and the extra room was just mediocre. Decor is outdated, but micro/fridge/coffee maker is nice to have. It's meant to be a smoke-free hotel, but seeing as how it's in the heart of Tobacco Country, the balconies and pool area were full of smokers. Pool was over-chlorinated and murky. We checked in at 8:30 and headed straight for the pool (which was our SOLE) reason for choosing this location over a dozen cheaper options in the immediate vicinity, only to be approached by the desk attendant on duty 15 minutes later. Due to improper lighting, the pool was supposed to shut down when it gets dark (in spite of posted hours 9 am - 11 pm). I would have been livid, checked out, and demanded a refund if this rule had been strictly enforced, but it wasn't, much to our utter delight and ultimate high satisfaction with our stay here. We definitely got what we came for -- if breakfast is good in the morning (I hope to post an update), I will be truly impressed!!

TL;DR: it's adequately comfortable and clean, but a little pricey for the basic amenities provided. Pool!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed the pool! We are working on enforcing the designated smoking areas and we have moved these areas to make the hotel more comfortable for everyone without making anyone feel alienated. Next time you stay with us, ask for the manager's special. We would be honored to have you with us again. Thank you for the feedback!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

A guest laundry wasn't the sole reason we chose this hotel, but it was an advertised amenity, and we needed to use it. The receptionist welcomed us nicely enough and offered to change some notes for quarters when we needed them. Then, when we needed them, she said she didn't have any quarters... (Pardon? But 5 minutes ago you said...?) Then the hotel store had no detergent... (Pardon?) ... Then the machines didn't work... (But took our money)...

Aside from that, the room we were in was poorly serviced when we arrived after a 10 hour drive, the sole elevator is not up to code, and the increasing surliness and unhelpfulness of said staff member was not a plus. Another couple checked in as we were waiting for assistance and had been allocated a room which was already occupied. Embarrassing for all parties.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry that you did not receive the exemplary service that we strive to provide. We used your review as a training opportunity for all of our departments in effort that this does not happen again for any other guest.

Please feel free to contact us directly at the hotel. We hope that you will stop in and give us another chance at a better impressioon.
Longs, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Booked this stay through Med Stay. Was told by hospital that my husband would be in hospital 2-3 nights for hip replacement. Med Stay felt that I would need more and booked it for 6 saying I would not have to pay for unused nights. Told me we would be on 3rd floor inside near elevator with 2 beds because of husbands condition.
Checked in day before surgery. There was one clerk doing the check in's and answering phones.
Was given outside room 2nd floor (long walk). Unlocked the door w/key card only to find a man
standing there. She assigned same room to him. Left husband there while I went back to front desk. Given room no. 2. Opened door, had only 1 bed. Left husband again, back down to desk
to get room no. 3. Not once did she say she was sorry about the mix up, only blamed Med Stay of not giving info of original booking.
The key card to room no. 3 had to be reset 3-4 times. More hikes to front desk. Clerk told us if card was next to keys or metal it would happen.
The outside door did not shut secure all the time and unlocked half the time. Hallway carpets do need a cleaning and brighter paint on walls. The housekeeping was OK, the girls friendly and professional. The shuttle to hospital was great, driver polite but needs to smile more. The girl that did the breakfast was super keeping everything clean and filled, never stopping.
The phones were down on Sunday and had to take a taxi back from the hospital. The clerk did give me the amount of the fare after getting permission from a man standing at the counter.
A big turn off is the over powering flowery smell as you enter the Inn as if trying to cover bad odors. There is a product called NOK OUT that removes odors and leaves no cover up smell.
Sometimes its the little things that can make or break a visit. Like not making excuses for things going wrong.....a sorry goes a long way.
I was billed for more days then I stayed. I called Amanda and told her I stayed 4 nights instead of 5 billed. She gave me credit for 1 night. I then called her back a few minutes later and told her I made a mistake that it was 3 days that I stayed. That I came in Thursday and checked out Sunday morning the day the phones and computers were down. She said that they were out on Monday and that she would have to check it out with housekeeping that she could not give me that much credit. The phones may have been out Monday I was not there to know if they were out but I do know they were out Sunday. She did call me back and gave me credit for the 2 days.
Some training on how to deal with the public would help.
This trip was a medical trip not really a business trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I am very sorry to read about your experience with us. I am sincerely sorry that we did not provide good customer service for your stay. We do hold high standards for service, I am glad that I was able to assist you with refunding you the nights you did not stay. I sincerely hope you will return again to give us another opportunity to give you a better experience with us.

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!