“Room was excellent- restaurant not so good” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast and WiFi
Ranked #12 of 67 hotels in Durham
Riverton, New Jersey
“Room was excellent- restaurant not so good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in Dec '12 for 1 night and got a last minute rm. Our suite was spacious, clean and newly appointed and very comfortable. We had a late dinner snack downstairs in the bar/restaurant and were not impressed with the menu selections or the food. We would definitely stay here again, but would not dine in house again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback-- I am glad you enjoyed the Doubletree. I am sorry you were not pleased with out restaurant-- we will be undergoing complete renovations with a new restaurant and menu over the next six months-- I hope you will come back and visit us again!

376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and I definitely enjoy staying there with my family and friends. Great service, clean, and helpful staff! Rooms are great with plenty of space for company to visit and the view of the lake is so beautiful. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit and we will have a warm chocolate chip cookie waiting for you!
Hempstead, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I just left Embassy Suites in Cary due to service concerns. I picked this hotel on a whim through Hotwire. I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. Aside from the lack of extra staffing that most 4+ star hotels have, this hotel rivals any 4 star hotel that I've ever been to. The spaciousness of the room is superb. The all granite surfaces in the kitchen, bath, dressing areas, etc. Gives it a clean look and feeling. The staff is politecand friendly and the opportunities for entertainment (playgroung for kids, bike rentals, trails, restaurant, etc.) are great.

I'd stay here again in a hearybeat.

• Stayed January 2013
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your feed back. It is good to know that you enjoyed our large suites and granite counter tops. As you know the Doubletree Durham is an all Suite property and do not forget we will have a warm chocolate chip cookie awaiting your next arrival.
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I frequent the Durham area due to having a disable child that has to go to Duke quite frequently and on occasion have to stay overnight such as this trip. Let me tell you if you would like a quiet but yet convenient location with friendly and professional staff Doubletree is where it is! Everyone was very nice and it was a delight to come in after a very long day of testing and doctors to a smiling face. Good customer service is sometimes hard to find but look no futher because they have mastered it. KUDOS to a job well done and thanks for your hospitality

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. The staff was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that they made your visit a memorable experience while you were our guest. Thank you again, we hope to see you in the near future.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed at the Doubletree while passing thought Raleigh over the Dec holidays. As it was in a business park setting, the lack of business travelers made for a quiet stay. However, there were many restaurants only a quick drive away.
The rooms were very clean and as you'd expect from a Doubletree suites, the suite was large with the two rooms and flatscreens in each room.
We didn't really use any services in the hotel.
I gave it an average rating as it met all my expectations, but didn't really exceed any, but would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay there. The rooms were spotless. My family and I enjoyed having the 2 flatscreen tvs. I like that we could close off the bedroom from the living room. My only complaint about the rooms is that there should really be a stove.

I gave service a 3 because the one morning I had breakfast in the restaurant, the blond waitress looked annoyed and snappy. I should have given it a 1 but there was one housekeeper that really made my wife's day. She was going back to the room with our daughter who was crying. The housekeeper (Joyce I think her name was. Or was it Joy?) was walking down the hall. She told our daughter she was too pretty to be crying and when she caught her eyeing her headband she took it off and gave it to her (a butterfly one made of metal and rhinestones). Later my wife said she was in the mall and saw that it was close to a $20 headband. She found the housekeeper the next day and tried to pay her for it but she refused. I should have told the manager about our experience but we had to leave in a rush. Joyce was one of the happiest housekeepers I've ever encountered. She must like her job.

• Stayed December 2012
I am so glad that Joy made a positive difference during your stay with us. I recognized Joy for the service that she provided to you and your family. I do hope your family will stay with us again in the near future.
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I spent the holidays visiting my son in Durham, NC. We stayed at the Doubletree and let me tell you it was awesome. We have traveled throughout the world and have stayed at many hotels (some of them five star) and I am here to tell you that the folks at Doubletree are some of the nicest most professional people we have met. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The food was excellent. The staff went that extra mile to make our stay enjoyable. This is our new hotel when we stay in NC to visit our son. Great job Doubletree!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be sure to share your review with the staff here at the Doubletree Suites. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your holidays with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham? Share your experiences!