“Cleanest hotel I've ever stayed at.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi Included
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Durham
“Cleanest hotel I've ever stayed at.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay there. The rooms were spotless. My family and I enjoyed having the 2 flatscreen tvs. I like that we could close off the bedroom from the living room. My only complaint about the rooms is that there should really be a stove.

I gave service a 3 because the one morning I had breakfast in the restaurant, the blond waitress looked annoyed and snappy. I should have given it a 1 but there was one housekeeper that really made my wife's day. She was going back to the room with our daughter who was crying. The housekeeper (Joyce I think her name was. Or was it Joy?) was walking down the hall. She told our daughter she was too pretty to be crying and when she caught her eyeing her headband she took it off and gave it to her (a butterfly one made of metal and rhinestones). Later my wife said she was in the mall and saw that it was close to a $20 headband. She found the housekeeper the next day and tried to pay her for it but she refused. I should have told the manager about our experience but we had to leave in a rush. Joyce was one of the happiest housekeepers I've ever encountered. She must like her job.

• Stayed December 2012
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I am so glad that Joy made a positive difference during your stay with us. I recognized Joy for the service that she provided to you and your family. I do hope your family will stay with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I spent the holidays visiting my son in Durham, NC. We stayed at the Doubletree and let me tell you it was awesome. We have traveled throughout the world and have stayed at many hotels (some of them five star) and I am here to tell you that the folks at Doubletree are some of the nicest most professional people we have met. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The food was excellent. The staff went that extra mile to make our stay enjoyable. This is our new hotel when we stay in NC to visit our son. Great job Doubletree!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be sure to share your review with the staff here at the Doubletree Suites. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your holidays with us. We look forward to your next visit.
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The hotel staff was attentive from the time we checked in until the time we checked out. We extended our stay by a day only to come back to the room and have a tin of cookies and lollipops waiting for our family. Margaret and staff signed the card and it made a huge impression on my children. Thank you for the courtesy you extended over the pre-Christmas weekend. The hotel is super convenient to South Point Mall which was our weekend shopping destination. The rooms are very large suites. They are planning on doing some renovations this coming year but even without them we were very pleased with our room, the location and the staff. We will definitely stay here again when returning to the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
It is great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree. Also, it is very good to hear that you enjoyed our warm chocolate chip cookies. The Doubletree cookie is our way of welcoming you to our hotel and we hope that it made you feel at home while you were our guest. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience.
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel is located in a business park area and we stayed as a family over thanksgiving and took advantage of their great rates. My kids thought it was a very cool hotel and loved the indoor/outdoor pool area (the pools are connected and although the outdoor pool was closed they are looking forward to returning in the summer so they can swim from one to another). We stayed in a suite with two double beds, having that extra room really helped us as a family of four. The lake view was very pretty and the grounds including basketball and tennis courts were very attractive.

As opposed to other Hilton properties you don’t automatically get a free breakfast but with my Hilton Honors status my husband and I received free continental breakfast and the very nice staff at the restaurant let our kids eat for free off the hot buffet. This is a huge cost saver for us so finding hotels with free breakfast is always important. The lobby area was very nice and we were always welcomed with fruit infused ice water.

We plan on returning here next time we visit our family in the area!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Dawsonville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed here on business all week and have no complaints. Very good hotel, clean, good location, close to major highways. Service was good but for some reason they tried to give me a smoking room? Anyway, I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your kind review. All of us here at the Doubletree are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope to see you again in the near future.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The exterior looks like an 80s Club Med and could use some fresh paint. Inside and at the back it's a different story. Nice lobby, spacious suites with new furniture and nice baths, and a great view out the back over the man made lake and its resident Canada geese.

• Stayed November 2012
Mount Airy, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I wish I could have stayed longer than one night so that I could have enjoyed all the amenities and explored the grounds. (The view from the window was lovely.) For some reason the airport shuttle was either running late, or unavailable, so the hotel paid for a cab so I would not have to wait. Service was impeccable and the room was fantastic. I had plenty of space in my suite to relax and prepare for my meeting the next day. Room service dinner was prompt and delicious. I especially enjoyed the quiet atmosphere of the room. I was not awakened by loud people in the hallway, or showers in the wee morning hours. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well. Would definitely stay at this hotel again when returning to the area. I was disappointed that internet was not free, so I did not use it.

Room Tip: Room 515 was quiet during my one night