“Good hotel in quiet area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Business/Leisure Weekend
Ranked #14 of 70 Hotels in Durham
Draper, Utah
“Good hotel in quiet area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here twice on business travel in the same week. Very good hotel with clean rooms. The staff was amongst the best I have ever had and I stayed in hotels > 60 days this year. I was greeted professionally and kindly. They also made me smile. Very well run hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Wow your review was a delight to read! I shared your comments with the Doubletree team and we all want to thank you for your kind words. It is our pleasure to serve you and it is wonderful to know that we were able to make your stay so enjoyable. Please come back and visit us again..... we will have a warm cookie awaiting your arrival.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I went to Chapel Hill for our 1 year anniversary. We stayed at the Double Tree and they were AMAZING. They upgraded our room to a top floor suite and they gave us the red carpet treatment. We love the fresh warm cookies. The room was clean and smelled nice. The bed was really comfortable and we enjoyed our time there.We would definitely go there again. It was close to Southpoint mall and not too bad of a drive to Chapel Hill. It was a great weekend and Double Tree made it even better!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you enjoyed your anniversary with us. It is our pleasure to serve you. It is an honor that you chose the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Raleigh Durham as the hotel to spend your one year anniversary. We do hope you will come back and celebrate with us for many years to come. Congratulations!
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

i appreciate a clean, well-run hotel. however, when i checked in and went to my room, the first thing i noticed was that the side chair in my room was stained pretty badly. the sofa stuffing was coming out, and there was a hole in the base of the couch. the hotel was very busy, which is not a big deal, but there was a wedding outside, and as my room was on that side of the hotel, it was pretty loud. not a big deal since it ended at 10pm. when i turned on my tv, the screen was whited out. maintenance came up and worked on it for an hour, but to no avail. front desk staff was very courteous, and told me i could get some complimentary snacks, but needless to say, i won't be staying again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the suite you occupied was not to your liking. It is our goal to exceed all of our guests expectations. I would very much like to speak with you regarding your feedback and I hope you will contact me at your convenience. I would like to share with you that we will be starting an extensive renovation next month and I would like to invite you to return to see the results. I can be reached at 919.361.4660.
LaPlata, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The entire staff and general management have been fantastic and very customer oriented. Last December, some of my collegues and I stayed at the Double Tree for a special event we dubbed "The Big Chill." We had a great time, and the staff was so accomodating! So much that my collegues have been talking about the event, and we're looking at doing the same thing this year. I also have rerservations set for November. I am so looking forward the stay! Mr. Doring, the General Manager, is very approachable and caring. His positive attitude and professionalism is reflectd in the attitude of his staff. As a Diamond member, I've stayed at my fair share of Hilton Properties. I've enjoyed many, but this one is at the top of my list when in the Raleigh/Durham area. Check it out for yourself. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Again, the upstairs lake view rooms are fabulous, especially during the fall.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for having your "Big Chill' event here at the Doubletree Durham. It was good to hear that you would recommend the Doubletree to your friends and that you felt the service you experienced was warm and friendly. I do hope that we will have a chance to meet during your stay in November.
Winter Park, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Typically, a Doubletree is a very good business hotel, but I gave this one a higher rating. In this case, I am somewhat biased since the desk personnel upgraded me to a suite. I had a five-star room with a 12-person conference table, bath and a half, huge sitting room, huge bedroom and a double sink with bidet and jacuzzi in the bathroom. I had booked the room on Hotwire, so I was shocked when they upgraded me. In addition to the fantastic room, the hotel is quite nice and the service was great. We did eat in the hotel restaurant, and it was very good and reasonably priced. I had a salad with the freshest sweetest scallops you could ever ask for. The hotel is convenient to the airport and is set back in the woods so you don't get any interstate noise. I really liked it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your positive review. I am so glad you enjoyed your suite and jacuzzi. The scallops are one of my favorite menu items as well. I will share your comments with our Executive Chef and the front desk team. Exceptional service is our number one priority! All the best.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

please be aware of your room booking. They do not provide you the same room as booked. Very deceiving. Their explanation to this is when you book from any website that Hilton has contract with ( such as Priceline, kayak etc.) they would allocate you the most cheapest room available even if the website clearly states its a double suite double bed room they allocate you double bed or single bed whatever cheapest.

I booked after calling the property if those rooms are available well in advance but none of that proactive approach worked. Instead I paid the price for the double bed room double bed suite and got a double bed. I was highly disappointed and suprized to what Hilton was doing, being myself from transportation industry this is unacceptable and they did not even consider offering any other solution or credit refund or any sort of compensation, all they could say is sorry and mention that they had many complaints about the same issue and have not received any feedback from the corporate office yet. I was like really.. i mean really.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
I am so sorry you did not receive the room type that you booked. Please contact me at your convenience so that I may address your concerns. My phone number is 919.361.4660.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Took my family here for a weekend get away, and we all had lots of fun. We got the double bedroom suite, and that was more than enough room for us. The kids really enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool. And the paddle boats in the lake were lots of fun, even though the pedal broke on us. Breakfast buffet was awesome!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family