“Good and economical” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good and economical”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Beautiful coutyard and pool, location right off the Interstate (85) and US 15-501.
Rooms are clean and very comfortable. Breakfast bar with variety (free). Helpful staff.
Low cost. Quieter because it is behind another hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

This place was horrible! Very dirty,stains all over the furniture and carpet. Didn't feel safe at all, the dead bolt on the door was broken off. Mentioned this to staff when checking out and they didn't seem to care at all. The worst experience that I had ever had.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Our room smelled like a dirty sock--this hotel is old and run down. My husband went to the front desk to complain about the odor. The attendant at the front desk said he would come and check it out. Instead a man showed up at our room with a bottle of air freshener--he seemed to be unable to speak good English and just began spraying the room. When asked what the smell was he just kept spraying, mumbled and left--he left us with a smiling "no problem!" Of course that spray masked the odor to some degree but that was it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Clemmons, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

This is an old motel that I was told upon check-in is being renovated, but with many rooms and few cars in the parking lot, we were given a room at the very back. (I assumed this was because we were traveling with our little dog.) Having traveled all over the U.S., we often use coupons from the travel books and don’t expect a facility’s finest since we’re not paying rack rate, but I have to say that this was the worst room we have ever encountered, and it was a disgrace to the Day’s Inn name. The furniture was badly damaged (as in chunks of wood visibly missing!). There were cigarette burns in the bedspread and carpet, a big tear in the drapes, and the lampshades over the beds had bulb burns on them. It appeared that someone had used oil-based paint over latex because it was visibly peeling from the woodwork, the mirrors were clouded with smoke, and the bathtub…..well, let’s just say I would NOT take a bath in it. We had to plug in the floor lamp and clock radio, and the 3-prong outlet we needed for our laptop was behind a huge piece of furniture where we found much dust and even dirty Q-tips! Outside was a filthy trash receptacle, and the common area around the ice machine was littered with debris and looked as though it hadn’t been hosed down or swept in months. The room had a coffeemaker, but when I went to use the creamer, I found it caked hard in the package, so I had to go to the office to get more. Breakfast the next morning was the usual low-budget fare, but there was just nothing cheery about the décor. (The pictures on their web site just don’t match what I saw!) I wish I had trusted my intuition when I noticed an offensive smell (kinda like cat urine) as I walked into the front desk entrance, but we had been driving all day from Ohio and were tired. My eerie feeling about the surrounding area was compounded by a horror flick playing on a big screen tv in the lobby that the desk manager had obviously been watching. The only good thing I can say is that the parking lot was well lighted and the beds were clean, so all was well……once a chair was propped against the door and the lights turned out. We were granted an extra hour to check out the next morning since my husband was in Durham on business, but housekeeping (an elderly man and woman) knocked on the door at 10:15 AM. I would suggest finding the extra dollars to stay at the Holiday Inn Express where we will stay from now on!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Tustin, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Rented three rooms for a college graduation. All of the rooms smelled for mold and mildew. Front desk staff would have someone spray air freshener and say everything was fine. Changed rooms but the smell of mildew was everywhere. On Saturday night a large party was held on the hotel grounds. Beer bottles, trash and fights broke out. Would not stay at this hotel ever again, it's a health hazard.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Avoid this place at all cost. This was the worst hotel we have ever stayed at. Here are a few complaints about this place. The bed is awful, it felt like we were sleeping in a bowl the whole night. The remote for the TV did not work,no internet service in the room, the ink in the pen was dry, the alarm clock did not work, there was mold in the bathroom and horrible water pressure, there was a party in the courtyard with a bunch of Latinos playing cha-cha music all night. Woke up the next morning and walked outside to literally 100 beer bottles and even a condom wrapper. When checking out the man behind the desk would never even look at me, as if to say please don't tell me, I already know. I was going to leave it alone and not write a review but the latest thing is I just logged onto check my credit card statement and the charge si higher than my receipt shows.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Lexington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

Me and my husband stayed here for one night we had a marine core muster to go to the next morning .... when we went to check in the motel looked very nice the staff was nice as well, wasnt to crazy about the location once we got in the room........ the alarm clock didnt work,the hair dryer didnt work, we found trash (a cup with something in it)behind the bed,the carpet was riped,the sink leaked which mad the carpet wet and the chair in the room looked like a dog had chewed on the handel!. i would not recommend this room to anyone the price was not bad at all but i will deff. pay a little more to saty somewhere else next time !!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn - Durham? Share your experiences!