“Really loved this place.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carolina Duke Inn

You added Carolina Duke Inn to your Saves list
Carolina Duke Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2517 Guess Road, Durham, NC 27705 (Formerly Americas Best Value Carolina Duke Inn)   |
Ranked #60 of 67 Hotels in Durham
MKS
“Really loved this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2005

This place reminded me of the places I used to go as a kid. The exterior is really old while the interior is very modern. I loved the bed in the deluxe room, and the continental breakfast was very good. I felt the place was clean and inviting and the staff was very friendly and knowledgeble. All in all I loved it.

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2005

This motel is fine for a one night's stay, but I wouldn't go for more than that. I felt like I had stepped back in time to a true "motor inn". However, I must admit the beds are wonderful! It might be the best hotel/motel bed I've ever had. I did, however, feel like I always needed to wear my shoes - even with my PJs on. I would not recommend this place to a single woman - I wasn't traveling alone and really didn't feel that safe.

• Stayed June 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2004

Okay, the outside of this hotel is very old. A friend of mine told me they had luxury rooms for around sixty dollars, so I wend ahaed and tried, but the outside will make you wonder. Its clean and all, but it looks like something from the pages of yesteryear. Anyway, by Faith I went ahead and WOW! The room is better than the Marriott! They have a mattress like the heavenly bed Westin offers! There was also a microwave, refridgerator, iron, and coffee maker. Thanks to that mattress, it was the best nights sleep I've had for years. The continental breakfast was also very good.

Been to Carolina Duke Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Carolina Duke Inn

Address: 2517 Guess Road, Durham, NC 27705 (Formerly Americas Best Value Carolina Duke Inn)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Durham
Ranked #60 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Hotel Class:2 star — Carolina Duke Inn 2*
The 110 room, award-winning Americas Best Value Carolina Duke Inn is located in Raleigh-Durham just beside the I 85 over-pass and is 1.5 miles from Duke University, Duke University Medical Center, and VA Hospital with complimentary shuttle service to all. Every room comes with microwave, refrigerator, premium continental breakfast, 72 channels plus Showtime, data port (most have complimentary high speed internet access and there is free wireless in the lobby), iron and ironing board, coffeemaker and free newspaper. Outdoor Seasonal Pool is open June-September. Deluxe rooms offer additionally: 27" TV, Sealy Posturpedic Royal Trilogy mattress, complimentary high speed internet access (upon request), hairdryer, and brand new furnishings. Our goal is to provide you conveniently located, comfortable lodging at a value price. We are convinced that, should you compare us, you will not find a better value on I-85. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Carolina Duke Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americas Best Value Carolina Duke Hotel Durham
Americas Best Value Inn Durham

If you own or manage Carolina Duke Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.