“Awesome....don't miss it!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Awesome....don't miss it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is just a little slice of Italian heaven tucked away in Durham, off the beaten path. A place that shouldn't be missed. It was our first trip to Durham and I chose this restaurant based upon previous reviews. It was just awesome. Andre the owner is quite a character and made our meal even more memorable with his warm welcome and fun personality. The food was absolutely delicious. We will return again and again and again on subsequent visits!

• Visited August 2011

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Unbelievable Italian cuisine!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

We were skeptical of reviews when we walked into this place. All that disappeared on first bite! The finest Italian food this side of Amalfi. The authentic food was coupled with a very gracious Italian chef. A very family oriented place. A gem in a corner of Durham.

Durham, North Carolina
“Excellent food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Although I was a little dissapointed in the menu, the quality fo the food and service more than made up. My view of an "Authentic Italian Restaurant" utilizes pasta as a side dish and in this aspect I was dissapointed. I had spaghetti bollagnase and my collegues had the lasagne (a special of the day). Both were excellent. The garlic bread is a deffinate must order (although it is extra $). I was pleasantly surprised at the wine list. It is heavily leaning toward red wines, but it was the first time I have seen a Barbera dasti listed. The service was based on a team effort, including the owner! I will go again when I'm in the area.

• Visited July 2011
Durham, North Carolina
“Incredible, incredible restaurant. My new favorite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Meelo's is by far my favorite restaurant in Durham, the dining experience is simply tremendous. The food is authentico italiano, the service is impeccable, and the cozy old-world vibe is outstanding. They even have live music playing throughout the dinner hours, which perfectly sets the scene for either a romantic dinner, or a casual night out with the whole family. Un ristorante fantastico!

• Visited June 2011
Raleigh, NC
“Wow! An authentic Italian experience in Durham.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

We stumbled apon Meelo's by accident. I am so glad we did! We had a wonderful chat with the chef about Italy and had wonderful authentic Italian food. I can say that this place will definitely be a regular for us. This place is wonderful!