“Looking for Seafood? Great place to go!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #408 of 655 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Seafood
Durham, North Carolina
“Looking for Seafood? Great place to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have been eaten to this local Seafood restaurant regularly for over the past 10 years. It's one of the best Seafood in town off Hwy 15-501 (right next to MJ auto dealer). Great price, friendly services, and the food has always been consistently GOOD and very well portion. My kids love the chicken tenders there! If you are looking for seafood place to go, gotta try this one! Strongly recommended.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Durham,NC
“Rude Manager Treats customer like a child”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I had eaten at many Mayflower Restaurants in my lifetime.
I went to this location I should have known better because I called first asking if they still had calabash light battered shrimp.
He did not know or understand what I was talking about !!!
I sat down and ordered a combo I might add my waitress looked at me funny when I ask her questions.
I had Flounder which was very thin and over cooked , Baby shrimp which were over cooked and not hot and Deviled Crab which were under cooked.
I got up to go to the restaurant and my food was cleared from my table and reset for another .
I want to say half my food was still left !
When I went to the register I told the guy and he looked at me funny and kept ringing the ticket .
I ask the man for the phone number to corporate again a funny look , I said you know corporate phone number what does he do he gives me the phone number to the Winston Salem location .
They can not even handle that !
So I call that location not aware that he did not know what he was doing ( maybe he did I think deep down they did not want me to call)
The manager at that location apologized for what had happened and it was not there location.
I never got an apology from the Durham location !
The manager from the other restaurant said go back in and tell them so I did
I was met with blank stares when the manager called the waitress over she lied said I had finished and she had even refilled my drink no it did not happen .
The manager told me I should have handled it his way brought him to the table ( they ignore the fact my food was thrown out )
To top it off he never offered to do anything just argue and when I told him I was going to write an Internet review he says I write about you if you do.
I have never had a Manager be so rude.
Write away Mr Manager your lies .

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
McLean, Virginia
“Best Seafood in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

very fresh seafoods with great tastes.
nice portion to share with.
strongly recommend

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“had a craving....captain...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

had a craving....captain D's is better....

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Fried seafood. Nothing...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

Fried seafood. Nothing special.