“Best. Asian. Food. Ever.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #139 of 655 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Boston, United States
“Best. Asian. Food. Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were staying at a nearby hotel and Peony was close by. My daughter was in the mood for Asian but we weren't particularly. Did this place ever change our mind! Yummy sushi (2 for 1)
And the best dumplings I have ever had. Ever. And I have eaten lots of Asian dumplings!
They even have mini dumplings which my daughter thought was the bomb and I've never seen before.

With cold Sam Adams on draft at an unbelievable 2 for $5, what's not to love? Efficient service although you may have to point to what you want on the menu because of language barriers.

The exterior doesn't look like much (it's essentially in a strip mall) but don't make quick judgments.
The interior is very comfortable and fits many customers in booths without being right on top of each other. Check it out; you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Durham, North Carolina
“Nuthang2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

My hotel bartender recommended this Peony's. That was the best Asian food I have ever tasted. I even called the Restaurant back to Thank them also. Delivery was quick along with my food being prepared as I orderd it. I am going to be in the area for a while. I will be ordering from them at least twice a week:)

• Visited February 2014
NC
“Great Asian place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Good place to get your Asian fix. Nice selection of entree's. HUGE sushi menu.
Awesome service.

Serve Pepsi products and no "Hunan" items on the menu, otherwise fantastic.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
“Go there once a week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I go to this restaurant once a week. While the staff speaks little English, the food is some of the best Asian food that there is. The sushi is great and the soups are heavenly. In the background relaxing music plays. The only downside is the food can be a little bit on the expensive side, but it is still cheaper that gourmet restaurants and tastes just as good!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Shelby, North Carolina
“Great Food Delivered!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Our hotel front desk highly recommended Peony Asian Bistro. We were not disappointed. We both had soup, spring rolls, and Chinese seafood dishes. All were excellent, delivered very quickly, and piping hot. Will definitely dine with Peony on our next visit to the area.

• Visited March 2013