“Great food... HUGE portions” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 653 Restaurants in Durham
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Washington, DC
“Great food... HUGE portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had a graduation/family celebration here. The food was excellent. I ended up sharing a steak (the speciality of the house) because portion sizes were so large... an 8 oz filet but most of the steaks were 16 or even 32oz! Cooked to perfection. I tasted both crepes and chocolate soufflé for dessert. Both excellent

Visited May 2013

Somewhere, NC
“A Nice Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a couple of times in the past. I was in town with my girlfriend for a show. I decided to take her to Metro 8 for the churrasco steak. The food was fresh and delicious. The steaks were tender. It was kinda empty when we arrived because of the early dinner time. The staff kept walking in and out of the door, and it closed kinda loudly. It didn't add to the dining experience. The waitress was very attentive and helpful. When I made the reservation, the hostess jotted down that we had a show to go to so that they would really crank out our order. I appreciate that attention to detail. I will return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NC
“Love isn't a strong enough word!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I cannot wait to return! Went on a Friday and made a reservation before hand. We must have interacted with 4-5 different staff and all were very attentative and extremely nice. All the food was amazing down to the butter, and I highly recommend you try the butter! My filet was cooked to perfection! The table got three additional entrees and everyone was raving about their food. The spinach dip as an app is also not to be missed. Highly recommend Metro 8!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carrboro NC
“A cut above the rest in Durham-Great food, atmosphere, love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our 4th time to Metro 8, each time a great choice for dinner, romantic or with friends. We love the late dinner options on weekends-they serve til midnight. I love the warm colors, coziness & atmosphere-makes me think I'm in Spain or Italy. Staff & owners are helpful & attentive, not pushy. The food is top notch; the caesar salad has homemade dressing & real shaved cheese and is done to perfection; perfectly cooked filet or seared tuna. The food comes out hot and attention to detail is everywhere. They give quite a few price choices, so dinner doesn't have to be too expensive. And the review talking about the back room is just not true-it's a warm, cozy room. We're not friends of the owners or staff, just a regular diner, and I consider this one of the best restaurants in Durham. We will return regularly and often.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
simplify4y@ymail.com
“Great Food But Nothing Local”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

If you are a larger party (more than 6) beware, they will seat your group in the "catacombs". This was a huge disappointment as it was dark, with plastic seats and no other persons in the party room. After a few bottles of wine, one can forget where you are and enjoy your company and the food. The appetizers were not so great. Nothing special. The chorizo did not taste like chorizo, but the empanada seemed to have the chorizo rather than the beef. Spinach artichoke dip was average. Skip the appetizers and go to the steaks. I personally ordered the special which was sushi grade tuna that was out of this world. Delicious. We also ordered the desserts which were great. The chocolate soufflé and the passion fruit dessert were my favorites. We choses this restaurant because of the variety of food for the large party. However, I would not go back again, as there was not one item on the menu that came from any of the local farms. This restaurant sits only a few miles from the local farmer's market and we were so surprised that the owner had no idea what day the market was held. As an independent restaurant, I would think they would want to support their local farmers. However, shipping lamb from New Zealand is more of a priority than using local ingredients.

• Visited February 2013