“Fantastic experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Columbia, Maryland, USA
“Fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I can't wait to eat here again. Upon entry, my wife and I were greeted very pleasantly by the wife of the chef who made wonderful food and wine recommendations. The appetizers we had were excellent, very tasty. Then came the entrees. We both ordered beef and the steaks were cooked PERFECTLY for both my dish and my wife's. Highly, highly recommend for couples for a special occasion. I can't imagine that there is a better restaurant in Durham. I've been to a few of the other places in the Trip Advisor top 10. Those places are pretty cool and all but Metro 8 is a 10! Don't deprive yourself of a culinary experience like this if you live in the area or visiting for business. Definitely worth it!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Surprised that not too many people go to this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is the second time I've been to Metro 8. On both occasions, not too many people were there. Considering that the price is very reasonable for the service and quality of food, this is surprising -- I would expect that this restaurant be full!

The food is excellent, like it was the first time. The service is very good.

I would highly recommend this place anytime.

• Visited December 2012
Chapel Hill, NC
“Must visit in Durham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We dined here with friends after attending The Jersey Boys at DPAC. If you want a restaurant that has great food and atmosphere, you'll love this place. The tables are spaced so you can actually enjoy your own conversation and not those of other customers.

We started with the Spinach Artichoke Dip - a well sized portion - and the Chorizo - which was out of this world. Three of us had the Churrasco Steak and the fourth had the Salmon. I at first thought I would be disappointed because my first bite was grizzly and chewy but before complaining, I decided to try another piece and glad I did, the rest of it was as excellent as most reviews claim.

I can't wait to go back and try one of the other steaks.

• Visited November 2012
“Wednesday wine day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Wednesday is half price for a bottle of wine night. The Sensi Pino Grigio was fantastic. My friends who ordered the steak were very happy with their dinners. I had the salmon (I do not eat red meat) and it was very good. Atmosphere is shabby chic. Looking forward to coming back next time with my hubby.

durham, nc
“Can't Believe I waited this long!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

My husband, and I finally decided to try Metro 8 for dinner one night. I can't believe I waited this long to find this great restaurant just walking distance from my home.

Everything was great. Ambience is elegant, yet cozy. Staff provides extra ordinary service, and the quality of the food shows the pride of the reataurant.

We will be returning soon, and recommend it to our freinds.

• 4 of 5 stars Food