“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Columbia, South Carolina
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hello,

I have stayed at this hotel many many times and I think it is a great place to stay. The hotel is very nice and the meals they serve are nice as well. Sarah at the front desk was so friendlly! The other staff at the hotel were friendly and curtious as well.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
StaybridgeDurham, Guest Relations at Staybridge Suites Durham-Chapel Hill-RTP, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello va44! So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our lovely meals! Our staff members do their absolute best to make our guest stays as comfortable as possible. Thank you for all of your positive feedback and we will see you next time you travel into the Durham/CH area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

If you intend to stay for business or pleasure at Raleigh/Durham, Staybridge is a very practical hotel. Provides spacious and clean environment with a business suite, shuttle service and all other practical amenities for you to be productive. I stayed here for a month and did not find anything to complain about.

Services include gym, swim, laundry, complimentary breakfast/dinner, shuttle service and all other amenities associated with a business hotel.. I specially found the staff to be very helpful.

Room Tip: The room with a study and bedroom is best.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
StaybridgeDurham, Guest Relations at Staybridge Suites Durham-Chapel Hill-RTP, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you Santosh B for taking your time and writing a great review! We pride ourselves on the satisfaction of our guests. As an exteneded stay hotel practical amenities such as free laundry, a shuttle service, business center and a gym come in handy for all of our long term guest. We hope to see you back whenever you venture into the Durham/CH area!
Topsail Island, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for about a week while our daughter was having surgery at UNC Childrens Hospital. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. We had never stayed at a Staybridge before but after a very bad experience at the hotel next door we had to find a new hotel quick so we took a chance and we are SO glad we did!! The staff was wonderful, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, the pool was nice and clean, breakfast was good.
The hotel is about 10 minutes from the UNC hospitals so it was very convenient to go back and forth. There are lots of restaurants and stores basically right across the street.

I am so happy that we found this hotel. I will definitely stay here every time I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wow! Thank you Sarah W for your feedback! We as well are very glad you gave us a chance and extremely glad you enjoyed your stay. The location of our hotel and the shuttle service we provide is a great feature for all long term medical patients. Thank you for joining our Staybridge family we are more than pleased to see you will be back in the future!
Bryson City, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My sister was in need of a place to stay as she received long-term medical care from the Duke Cancer Center. She needed a home away from home that was very clean (immune compromised), quiet and close to shopping and drugstores. She also needed transportation, which they were always able to provide, even helping her with her walker and bags when she needed it. As her condition worsened, they were very flexible about letting nurses and other caregivers into the room as needed. She stayed there for 11 months, and the staff was always responsive to our needs. They helped with her business requirements (faxing, copies, mail, packages). They were quick to deal with noisy guests (which are inevitable when you are there for so long). They were happy to change her cleaning days in response to the needs of her rotating cast of caregivers. They became like a family to us, and when my sister passed away (by then she was in a nursing home), everyone on the staff cried with us. I will never stay anywhere else in the area. They exceeded our expectations in every way. I can not recommend them highly enough.

Room Tip: Can be a bit noisy at times if you are near the pool, but only during June-August.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Here at Staybridge our long term medical patients become family to us. Little acts such as helping a guest fax paper work or giving them their mail go a long way. We understand as some medical patients conditions worsen the more help they may need. So glad to here our front desk staff and housekeeping staff went above and beyond for you, your sister and your family. Thank you Barbara H for your outsanding review!
Newland, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at the Staybridge for just a week but it was a wonderful experience. The staff was super, the room was just right for our family of 3, the location was close to so many things, the pool was great for entertaining, the dinner was always good, the grills provided were clean, and the laundry rooms were neat and tidy!!! We now look for Staybridge Suites when we travel! Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca H thank you for becoming part of the Staybridge Suites family! I will pass along your gracious comments to our housekeeping, kitchen and front desk staff. We are happy to hear we were able to make your stay not only comfortable but a great experience.
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is where I struggle with TripAdvisor's rating system. If this hotel is being rated on value for the cost, I'd give it a "Very Good" or higher. If it's being rated against all other hotels, I'd probably give it an "Average".

The front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful. I like the layout of the rooms, especially for longer stays (mine was only four nights). Having a couch and kitchen was much less claustrophobic than a typical hotel room with just beds, TV, and a desk. The kitchen in my room had a medium sized refrigerator, a large microwave, a regular dishwasher, and two stove burners, but no oven. It was all I needed. In addition, there are many places to eat nearby, including across Hwy. 15-501, and a nice Kroger's grocery store within walking distance. Basically you get home away from home comforts, like more space and kitchen facilities.

I had a minor problem with a kitchen drawer when I arrived, and it was promptly fixed the next day (as requested). On the other hand, the bathtub drains extremely slowly (takes longer than an hour), so you're standing in dirty water while showering. The staff must be aware of this problem since I assume they clean the tub at least once a week. It is very noticeable.

The complementary breakfasts were nice to have, but I've seen better. I didn't think the food quality was all that great. Tuesdays through Thursday they also have complementary food in the evening, and, although I didn't try any, it certainly appeared to be enough to make a dinner out of if you want to save money (two kinds of pasta dishes and salad on one night; hotdogs and French fries another).

If you like to take walks for exercise in the evenings, there really isn't much in the immediate area in terms of trails or nice sidewalks. I used the treadmill in the workout room one night, and drove to a nearby middle school to use their track two other nights. Boring.

Free USA Today in the lobby, and, as others have mentioned, on-site washers and dryers. Also free WIFI.

I would not have any problem returning to this hotel, especially for longer stays.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Brian_NVA for not only taking the time to write a review! We are sorry to hear you had a few minor problems in your room. Our staff has been notified about the issue you had in your shower and we are working on fixing this problem promptly. Unfortunately the location of our hotel is not within walking distance to some great trails such as Duke Gardens and Duke Forest. However we do provide a shuttle service Monday-Friday that is able to drop off and pick up guest from these locations. We are looking forward to your return!
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was staying in the Durham area on business for the whole month of June and was less than excited about staying in a hotel for that length of stay. My concerns were not well founded. The Staybridge was a wonderful place to spend 4 long weeks.

Pros:

- My room was clean, had a great layout, a regular size fridge and just about everything you need day to day in a kitchen.
- Bed was comfortable
- The pool was clean, cool and had lots of great lounging chairs set out around it
- The staff - everyone I encountered was friendly, outgoing and more than wiling to provide recommendations for restaurants, sights and sounds. They remembered who I was, where I was staying and were always up for friendly conversation. I can't say enough about how pleasant all the staff is here.
- Breakfast is great: fresh fruit, bagels, toast, eggs, bacon or sausage. Oatmeal, cereal and yogurt and a fresh waffle maker. Everything I would have at breakfast at home. It is well stocked and if there is something missing that you are looking for the staff is always ready to refill or provide you with that item
- I had no problems with the air conditioning, internet or cable - even during some pretty severe storms
- Socials - every Tues, Wed and Thurs night dinner is provided, often along with beer and wine! Nothing better than that. I didn't get a chance to eat the dinners but always enjoyed a glass a wine on them.
- Good cost for what you get
- Laundry facilities are great. Four washers, Four dryers. You bring your own detergent and bounce sheets but otherwise free to use which is so wonderful for those staying for a long period of time..
- It is close to everything. Universities, Restaurants, Grocery Stores, Southpoint Mall, the I-40 and 15/501 Highways. Easy to get to downtown Durham, Raleigh and Chapel Hill
- I received fresh towels daily, along with "light" maid service - which really only including making the bed and "full service" once a week to change your sheets. You can request to have your sheets changed more often if you prefer it
- "The Pantry" - a cute little convenience type store at the front desk. perfect for a late night treat, laundry detergent or some beer or wine if you need. Nice to have that handy
- Storage lockers are available. I flew home for a weekend and didn't want to lug my huge suitcase across the border and back. I was provided with a storage closet on my floor that was perfect - I was given a key and was allowed to use it until the end of my reservation.

Cons:
- Although I was there on business I did not have to do business at the hotel, but the "business" area is really only one or two computers that often have kids on them. Didn't bother me but may be a concern if you need to do business and don't have a laptop or need printing/scanning/ that sort of stuff.

Neutrals:
- The workout facility is so-so. Not too much too it but a treadmill, elliptical and a few machines if you are doing a quick workout. Did the trick for a couple of nights when I couldn't bother to head to the gym (there are lots of options nearby if you are looking for a month/longer membership)
- I didn't like my pillows. There were lots (4 on my King) but I will bring my own next time (purely a preference thing)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
So glad to hear we were able to make your month long stay pleasant Ashley D! Since our property is an extended stay hotel our rooms need to be able to accomodate guests in town for long periods of time like yourself. Breakfast and dinner are staples and we are glad to hear you enjoyed both! The beer and wine served during our social hour adds a nice touch that a lot of travelers enjoy. Due to the fact we are located close to both UNC and Duke hospital we do encounter children time to time that play on our computer in the business center. Staff at the front desk can help with faxing and they have no problem putting a time limit on computer use so all guests can have a chance. Scanning and printing capabilites are avaliable in the business ceneter as well. Hope to see you in the near future!

Been to Staybridge Suites Durham-Chapel Hill-RTP? Share your experiences!