“Meh” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 67 hotels in Durham
Nashville
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This Staybridge Suites has some definite Pros. But the Con overshadowed the pros. We stayed here for our son's graduation. Price of the standard suite was more than double the usual rate. I'm sure most of the hotels in the region were the same. The Con? The supposed "queen" bed was certainly a double, and was the most uncomfortable bed we'd ever slept on. Hope it was just our suite, since other reviewers seem to think their beds were good. Ours was assuredly not good. The Pros: friendly staff, very clean room, ample parking, conveniently situated, fast/free wifi. The sofa does not fold out to make additional sleep space. I was up in the middle of the night seeing if it did, because I thought a sleeper sofa would probably be a better bed.

Room Tip: Nice flat screen tv and lots of channels available plus DVD player. Ice machine in room fridge (turn...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Durham-Chapel Hill-RTP, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Dear Suitcasereadied,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. We are pleased you liked the location of our hotel as well as our friendly staff. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the room accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed here in mid April for just one night and I'm glad I did. The front desk staff was friendly and warm and check-in was quick and easy. The hotel is very clean and the atmosphere is very warm and comfortable. It has a contemporary and updated feel but still feels like home. You'll find nice granite throughout the hotel (including the rooms). The standard room was super spacious and cleaned very well. The color scheme was muted enough to allow for a relaxing atmosphere. There was a couch and a small kitchen area and a queen size bed. The vanity and sink are separate from the shower/toilet and that allows for even more flexibility in this huge room. Plenty of space and options for a long term stay if needed.
Breakfast in the morning was extremely varied and sure to please anyone! All kinds of bread items, oatmeal (with add-ins), cereal, diy waffles, sausage and eggs, great coffee, and juice bar.
I knew Staybridge would deliver because I'm familiar with the brand, my traveling companions, though, were even more impressed because they didn't know what to expect! I will definitely stay here any time I need to be in Durham.

Room Tip: Even the standard room is spacious, so you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Yes, this is a great Staybridge Suites. The beds are so comfortable. I adore triple sheeted beds and these beds also come with tons of pillows. The 2 bedroom suites are nicely laid out with the master at one corner, the living, dining and kitchen area in the middle and the the second bedroom at the other corner.

The only thing missing is the pullout sofabeds to sleep 6 people. The two bedrooms do not have the sofabed.

The breakfast was above average and the attendant allowed us to come in a little earlier in the morning to fill up a to go bag while she was still setting up.

Lots of great folks here. Enjoyed our stay very much.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stayed here for a week. Rooms were good sized- comfortable bed, couch, clean bathroom, desk, good LCD tv, well equipped kitchenette with full sized fridge with ice maker & coffee maker.

Adequate parking, fast and free wifi, swimming pool, barbecues, washing machines and driers free of charge, I'm pretty positive there was a gym but I didn't use it if there was one.

Good breakfast every morning and free dinner on certain nights of the week. Staff were friendly and so were a lot of the guests I met. Close to Walmart to stock up the fridge and close to a few other restaurants and shopping. Overall a great stay

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Arlington Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Great value for the money. Rooms are clean and modern, as is the rest of the hotel. Breakfast is OK. Staff is friendly. Best place to stay in the area. Decent restaurants within walking distance. My company selected this as their hotel of choice for visiting employees. No disappointments in 3 years.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Gettysburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I had just traveled back from another country, delayed flight, and was a 5 hour trip from my house - so I stumbled in here, exhausted, to try and find a room. I had actually been recommended to this place from another hotel who had been sold out. I usually try to do my research before staying, as I am in the business, but I was just too tired. What a pleasant surprise!

I was greeted cheerfully by a cute girl named Taylor. She was so kind, it made the stay even better with her attitude and customer service. It was late, and I am sure she had been there hours, but you would have thought I was the most important person staying at this property - kudos to her! A few hotels could learn a thing or two from her service attitude.

The room was clean, comfortable, quiet - exactly what I needed. Breakfast was good, and the people who I encountered were all beyond friendly. The price point, with AAA, was extremely reasonable. It was situated near some stores and good restaurants too. I would highly recommend this property for whatever reason you're in town. Great, great stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Winston-Salem, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed in a 1-bedroom king suite. The room was quite spacious. Each room had a TV. The kitchen featured a microwave, full-sized refrigerator, dishwasher, stovetop (no oven), and coffee maker. The breakfast was quite good--eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, bagels, etc. The staff was competent and friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites Durham-Chapel Hill-RTP? Share your experiences!