“Less than professional front desk staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Durham / Southpoint

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Durham / Southpoint to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Durham / Southpoint
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7807 Leonardo Drive, Durham, NC 27713 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton Durham)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Dallas, Texas
“Less than professional front desk staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Room appears remodeled or new. Smells fresh and clean. The lobby atrium is open in the middle of the high rise to the top floor and has a new look with a quiet fountain at ground floor level.

Wayne, front desk staff member, although smiling, seemed to have an attitude that was less than welcoming. I asked for a different room that did not have a connecting door to the adjoining room as we arrived well after midnight and wanted to sleep in without our neighbor waking us early in the morning. It took a call from my company's accommodation desk to get my room changed, as being a Gold member wasn't enough. A couple of small things: The toilet tissue holder fell off the wall when I touched it. The toilet seat cover was not as big as the toilet. Everything else seemed to work well.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jeff I, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Durham / Southpoint, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. It is only through valuable feedback such as yours that we are able to correct any issues and make it right. I do apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I understand how frustrating it must have been to have to wait at that hour to get your room changed. I have shared your insight with our staff and we hope you give us another chance next time your travels bring you to the Southpoint area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dunedin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Stayed here last night and the hotel was fabulous. It used to be a Sheraton but with remodeling the hotel felt brand new. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, lobby was beautiful and free breakfast was surprisingly great! This would have gotten 5 stars except the bed was too hard for me. Staff was great! They let us check in at 10:30 am. Great stay!

Stayed June 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Nice beds to sleep on, very cozy, beautifullly decorated when you walk in, the breakfast is very tasty. The only issue me and my family had, was we were in double-queens rooms and there was a small frig; however, no microwave. We were told they were only in King Suites and up. Well thats was such an inconvenience. I had to go to the front desk to heat my tea, "bummer". At least put them in the vending area on each floor if you don't want them in each room, so it will not inconvenience someone who wants to hit up a meal, tea, coffee or something. Otherwise our stay was nice...

Room Tip: You want to heat up anything, I do not recommend getting double-queen beds; call to see which rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel (8:30 pm) when a business meeting ran later than expected. I booked it because of price. I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very fresh and modern and the staff was great. Close by is a Super Target and Southpoint Mall. A fast food restaurant is located just yards away across the street. The hotel is very quiet although located near a busy thoroughfare. Breakfast was standard, but they have a great variety of teas. My only issue was that the lock on my room required holding the card at a slanted angle before it would open.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
carol2442
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed at this property before the renovations and was not pleased. I must admit the renovations and name change served them well! The decor was fabulous, the complimentary breakfast was tasty and the beds slept well. The television offered a good choice of channels as well as walking distance to target and South Point Mall. I actually wanted to extend my stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Whomever did the refurbishment of this hotel really must have been busy. It is virtually indistinguishable from a brand new hotel inside.

Check in was efficient and fast. The room was clean and fresh. Fairfield does not have the best beds in the industry but they're serviceable.

Three minor details detract from a 5 start experience.

1) The spout for the tub is loose and needs to be braced in the wall and recaulked (Rm 204).

2) The chocolate items in the market area are placed directly in front of the exhaust from the drink cooler. Thus chocolate items are melted or at least soggy. If I'm paying $2 for a Kitkat or Hershey bar, I expect it to be pristine.

3) The vinyl coating on the handrails and ladder in the pool are peeling off below the water line.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, large king room with sitting area, microwave and mini fridge. Great exercise room, clean pool and nice breakfast. Shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Ten minutes from airport and UNC. Nicer than many more expensive hotels!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Durham / Southpoint? Share your experiences!