“Better than the other one.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South

You added Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4919 S Miami Blvd, Durham, NC 27703 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #41 of 69 Hotels in Durham
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Better than the other one.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Due to winter weather I found myself in need of a hotel close to work. The choices in my price range were extended stay north or extended stay south. Since I stayed at north several years ago and it was awful I decided to give south a try. I didn't get there until after midnight, the person on the desk wasn't very attentive. She said my reservation was cancelled yet my paperwork was there. Luckily there was one room left.
Pros:
Quiet heat that stayed at a constant temp
Full size refrigerator
Free wi-fi
Good water pressure
Decent mattress and pillows

Cons:
Staff unable to deal with any issues
Carpet, sofa, and chairs stained (the chairs were exceptionally nasty)
Walkways not shoveled or salted

I probably will end up there again because convenience and price are the deciding factor.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Face it: at this price point, you can't expect 5 star service or rooms. I've stayed at a number of 2-star extended stay/business suite locations, and while the amenities are all very similar, the customer service at THIS location sets it apart from the crowd.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker and the smell of stale smoke bothers you, make sure you're in a non-s...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

How do you set yourself apart? By offering excellent customer service. I have stayed at this property on multiple occasions and each has been pleasant. Like most anything there is room for improvement but let's start with the pros.

Pros: Each room has a full sized refrigerator and a two-eye cook top. Wonderful for making a home cooked meal if you are indeed on an extended stay. The shuttle which runs from 6 am - 10 pm will take you anywhere that is within a five mile radius. Most of the time the wait for pick-up is within 15-20 minutes. If you encounter any problem management is quick to respond. The rooms are nicely appointed and clean. Free Wi-fi which is fast and stable

Cons: This is a petty con but the television only offers limited channels. About 20. Six of which are ESPN channels. Which is wonderful if you are a sports enthusiast but really is lacking if all you want is a good movie. Most hotels now offer all basic cable channels. The only other con is there is no business center. The available computer needs to be discarded because the browser is so old it is no longer support by most websites.

Other than that, parking is free. Free shuttle. Comfy bed. Great customer service. Easy excess to the freeway without traffic noise infiltrating the room. Rates are comparable to other hotels in the area. Would recommend for business, family, friends, or solo stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have had the experience of staying several weeks in this hotel. Over the course of that time, I've been in several different guest rooms and become familiar with many of the staff members. While I've encountered some problems with facilities or individual staff members from time to time, management has been very responsive any complaint I've voiced, taking action to resolve the issue promptly. In general, this hotel is very comfortable, clean, and well run, and offers the best value among all those in this vicinity.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Matt - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad to know that we provided you with a comfortable, clean room. Please accept our apologies that you encountered problems with the facilities and individual staff members. Still, I appreciated having the opportunity to resolve your issues right away.

Redmond, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I chose ESA because of the shuttle service to the airport. My flight left at 6:10 am (I wanted to get there by 4:45 am), and upon checking in I was informed that the shuttle didn't start until 6:00 am. They were nice however and said they'd get the driver to come in early. Several hours later they called my room and I was told he would not come in. Hmmmm. So they said they'd call me a TAXI and have him there by 4:30am, but I'd have to foot the bill. Well I swallowed, but I had turned in my car already and figured it was the cost of the lesson. Better that than to piss them off and have them 'forget.'
The previous occupant of my room had been nice enough to leave beer and applejack in the room along with remnants of a meal, so I had a couple of beers and tried to relax. The television was the old Cathode Ray Tube type, that had seen better days. The picture was so fuzzy that I couldn't read letters 2 inches tall. Okay, well I had a book. The sheets looked clean, and it wasn't until the middle of the night that I found the mat of hair left on top of the blanket under the bedspread.
I got up at 4:00 to shower, started the coffee, then I found the bath bar soap (in a plastic wrap) had been smashed into crumbles. It did make a bubble, however. I rinsed and toweled off (there were towels) and went for the coffee to wake up. It was brown, but one sip was all it took. Okay, there was a continental breakfast downstairs. Must be better coffee there. I got dressed, got my things and went to the breakfast bar. Okay, it was early, but not even a pot of coffee or a breadcrumb there.
So, I'd get it at the airport. No one at the desk, but I double-checked the clerks notepad to see that the information I'd given her was correct. It was. But of course, no taxi arrived, and after ten minutes late I called my own. I made my flight and my escape. So far no lice.

Room Tip: If it comes to staying here, Run Forrest, Run!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
monticello, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

After my experience with the dump ESA on north Harrison this was a nice way to end my stay in the triangle. Location is convenient and very safe, housekeeping does a great job, management very friendly helpful. Pool and courtyard is very very nice touch and not what you normally find in an ESA. Great rates, clean rooms what else can I say? I stayed from late april till my construction project in Morrisville was finished in early august.

Room Tip: For a great value ask for a handicap room,
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you submitted regarding our hotel, friendly staff and the services our housekeeping team provided. We strive to provide our guests with a clean, comfortable room at a great rate. I am glad to hear that we have succeeded at that goal.

Warrenton, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had seen reviews stating these properties were much improved and great places to stay. I CANNOT agrree with that statment.

I came here after not being able to stay at the property I was booked at due to water issues. The staff was helpful and nice, but the facility was very old, and although the front looked nice, the room are not. The walls are a really thin, and we had a pleathura of issues. They addressed some of the, but it was just an average room at best. I was only staying to a few days, but I found it to barely tolerable.

The matress was not very comfortable, and the linens were very thin. The only thing I liked was that I could at least open a window.

I had a toilet that was running, I had electrical issues, light bulbs that were blows, a disconnected smoke detector, and door that did not lock correctly.

The kitchenette was not large enough to use. I won't stay at another one.

Room Tip: It's barely tolerable.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HotelManager9836, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, we are always working with our team on ways to improve our service and our guests experience. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at dmb2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South? Share your experiences!