“Horrible - Do Not Stay Here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4919 S Miami Blvd, Durham, NC 27703 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #45 of 67 hotels in Durham
Jacksonville, Florida
“Horrible - Do Not Stay Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This review is actually for the Extended Stay (formerly Studio Plus Deluxe) @ 2504 NC 54 Hwy in Durham, NC - for the most part, it was a terrible experience - initial room didn't have a sleeper sofa or provide a roll-away bed (not available) even though the room was reserved for 3 people. Water faucets were plumbed backwards (moron plumbers I reckon) - they actually told my daughter to sleep on the recliner or floor - desk staff were basically worthless and seemed to be put-out to even speak with a customer - we must have been bothering them from whatever they were actually doing (which was sitting with their feet up on the desk). Continental b-fast was bad coffee and blueberry muffins in plastic - laughable. When moved to another room, same plumbing issues (same stupid plumbers) altho this time we actually had a sleeper sofa. If you find this hotel available, just keep driving - DO NOT STAY HERE - is that clear enough?

Room Tip: There is no good room - Stay at the Hampton Inn in Chapel Hill on Farrington
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Morrisville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for 10 days with family. Nice property in RTP. Hotel provides kitchen facilities making it ideal for families who likes to cook. Rooms are clean with all basic amenities included like TV, refridgerator, microwave, dishwasher etc
Coffee shop has free coffee and muffines, fruites etc. good to have something available in morning rush. one good thing about this hotel is free shuttle for nearby places and to your office if it is in RTP. Walmart is less than a mile and its open 24*7.
Overall a nice hotel. last but not the least, hotel staff is nice & helpful. Hotel Manager is also friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the amenities and the customer service during your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Never stayed at a extended stay hotel before. I must say that I really enjoyed my stay. After a long day with fighting with Delta airline it was great coming into a place where the staff really means it when they say Hi. I had a clean room and a nice dinner at a local spot. The other great thing is the hotel allows there van to take you to a nice spot for dinner and they comes back to pick you up. Really like the breakfast in the morning. The desk clerk Keswann was helpful and such a big help. Let me not forget about kelly who checked me in or Harold who picked me up from the airport. I was very welcoming having the Area Manager riding with the can driver to pick me up. I will come back again.

Thanks

• Stayed February 2013
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that management and staff took excellent care of you. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here every week over the last 8 months. It has always been clean and the staff always friendly and helpful (especially Keswanna, Clayton and Edward). But there were inconsistencies with the rooms (TV or DVD not working, missing kitchen utensils, etc.). Recently, however, they have made great strides - new sheets/comforters n every room, better bathroom amenities, grat improvements in the breakfast bar, etc.
I recommend this hotel for a short OR extended stay...I feel they have listened to their customers and are continually trying to enhance the customer experience...and the price is right!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you are enjoying the upgrades in the hotel, and we will continue to listen and respond to our customers requests. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stated at this location on Feburary 5. For two days. Everyone was helpful and made my stay great. I was in town because I had a appointment at Duke. My first time staying at a Extendedstay hotel but not my last. When I needed something the staff was all over it I did not have to wait. Love the fact that I can cook my own food. The van took me to Walmart and I cooked me a meal every night. The managers there was great also. They came out and had convo with the guest. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed both the staff and the convienence of our room amenities. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

great hotel, wonderful amenities and the awesome staff - Edward, Nikisha, Clayton, Kelly, Jamie, Craig... all are very nice to their customers. I have been staying here for more than 3 months now and have no plans of leaving any time soon... it is definitely a home away from home....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff is taking such great care of you, we take great pride in our staff and service. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Can't beat the service of the staf, the clendlynes of the rooms and the value for your dollar! I They just upgraded thr rooms and exterior. You also get a kitchen, that alows you to cook your own food. you must however try the chinese food "Ping pong" nearby, theyr van will take you! Matt

• Stayed January 2013
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Been to Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South? Share your experiences!