“Great value for a nice place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4919 S Miami Blvd, Durham, NC 27703 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #36 of 67 hotels in Durham
“Great value for a nice place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Can't beat the service of the staf, the clendlynes of the rooms and the value for your dollar! I They just upgraded thr rooms and exterior. You also get a kitchen, that alows you to cook your own food. you must however try the chinese food "Ping pong" nearby, theyr van will take you! Matt

• Stayed January 2013
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is my second year at Extended Stay America (Previously Extended Stay Hotel) and I feel that I am in a better position to share my experience with others. In a nutshell, if I wasn't satisfied with the services here, I wouldn't have stayed that long. This is like an 'ALL YOU CAN STAY' where management and staff are very cooperative and sensitive to your problems.

Room Tip: The management and staff are very cooperative and sensitive to travelers problems. Tell them what yo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have come-in to Durham, NC for the first time and am staying in this hotel since Oct 2012; so its been almost three months here and am going good here.
The Hotel staff, everybody here is very prompt, helpful, co-operative and sensitive to my needs ; should probably say its an Extended family here. Along with this, they are professional in every interaction I have had. I appreciate every single individual's commitment and eagerness to provide service.

Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was one of my first time staying in a extended stay hotel. my experience was amazing. The people I was with book the room through hot wire. I was not expected to see how clean and friendly this hotel was. I always thought extended stay for long term didn't know you can stay for one night. When I stay kin Durham I will surely stay at the extended stay. The extended stay is one of the best hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms were very clean.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed both the hotel and service. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Bel Air, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

On the good side, the rooms are as big as my first studio apartment. They have all the basics for a long term place to stay; kitchenette, large fridge, dishwasher, stove top, office and sitting area. With the sleeper sofa, the room could sleep six. While the rooms are clean, they show excessive wear and are noisy. You can hear every foot fall above and below you, as well as voices in the rooms next door and in the hall. The bathroom is tiny in comparison to the room size. They offer free WiFi, with a catch. If you need just enough bandwidth for email it is free, but if you want to stream movies or music you need to pay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the conditons of the room were not to your expectations, we are currently getting ready for renovations and hope you will try us again. In response to your feedback, I am working with the staff and management to review each of your concerns. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kmaile@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Charleston, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at the hotel and noticed bug bites all over my back when I woke. I also found what looked to be a bedbug shell in my mattress crease. Showed the front desk my back and took them to my room to show them the bug shell, but I could not find any of the live bugs. I was told to call the manager later in the day. I told them that I had four more days booked there and did not want to stay there any longer. I called the manager who agreed to refund five days of my stay, but I needed to call Hotwire. I called Hotwire within ten minutes and was told management would only refund 3 days of the seven. So I would be charged four days after staying only three days. The GM was conferenced called in to my Hotwire discussion where he screamed and screamed about not finding bugs and the cost of inspection. I have pictures to back up my story and Hotwire refused to step in. Terrible experience that needs new management to solve.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that we did not resolve the issues you reported to your satisfaction. In response to your feedback, I would like to get more details so I can address each of the issues and make sure we resolve these issues for you and that do not have these issues in the future I also would like to confirm the address of the property you were at. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate that you took the time to report the issues. I would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kmaile@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Gilbert, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Just a terrible experience overall. We stayed a week and they were out of so many things (laundry soap, dish soap, paper towels, etc.). Several things listed on their website are not accurate. Room did not have pots and pans, dishwasher was broken, clearly had been smoked in previously, had to change rooms because the first room was SO bad (grease still on the stove, splits and stains in the furniture). AC units in the room are FULL of something really gross (gunk, dust, debric, unknown) Public computer was so full of errors and bugs, you really could not use it. Front desk personnel spends most of their time in the back room rather than actually AT the front desk, especially the evening attendant. I would warn you about staying at this location.

Room Tip: Ask about going into the room before actually agreeing to it - look for filth, make sure everything...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Area Operations Managers at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that that the standard amenities were not provided in your room, and that you were unable to contact the agent on duty. In response to your feedback, I am going to complete a full inspection and review all standards with our employees in all areas. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at edavis@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South? Share your experiences!