“Simply Satisfying!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Columbia
“Simply Satisfying!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

First of all, Penny provided the best customer service! She was attentive and efficient when she did something that should be customer service 101 but most fail to do...she paused while helping another customer, acknowledged me as a new customer, and then went back to the original customer. Simple yet memorable! Penny and the young lady who checked us out the next day were only the beginning of a good stay.
The hotel is convenient to the Interstate, UNC, and the fabulous mall. The room was simple with a nice size refrigerator, comfortable beds, and CLEAN! The FREE breakfast was simple yet satisfying, adding more value to the already inexpensive, simple accommodations. My family will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here during a visit to UNC.
Pros: about $80/night, new Panasonic panel TVs, microwave, fridge, premium cable channels, close to several restaurants. Walk to Outback Steakhouse, Bob Evans and a high end Japanese restaurant.
Cons: beds average, towels a bit thin, burn in bedspread (although a non smoking room). Beds are doubles, not Queens.

• Stayed October 2012
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My sister and I recently stayed in this hotel while taking a little shopping trip. Location-wise, it's great! It's right off the ramp from I-40, just one exit away from Streets of Southpoint mall and other shops and restaurants. Our check-in when smoothly, and our room was up to my expectations. Our problem came during the night when we tried to cool the room. First of all, when I turned the unit to low cool, it wouldn't even come on; so I turned the dial to high cool, and it started blowing out hot air. I continued to work with both dials for about five minutes, and finally it started blowing out cool air. I thought the problem was solved, so I didn't call anyone about it. However, during the night, the unit would make all kinds of strange clicking noises; and several times we both noticed that it would sound like it was going to come on, only to cut back off again. As a result, neither one of us got a good night's sleep because of the constant noises and the fact that it stayed very stuffy in the room. Upon check-out, I reported this. The only response I received was that it would be turned in to maintenance. I thought that we might have at least been given a small discount on our room, but that was never offered. I often stay in a Choice Hotel brand, but I'll probably think twice before staying at this particular Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We spent 2 nights over the weekend. All the staff were very courteous, friendly and efficient. Offered helpful suggestions for driving directions to avoid some of the busier highways. Location was convenient for our needs to visit family in Durham. Close to restaurants, shopping centers, and near to all the major highways. [note:my GPS would not accept this address but that was only issue]

Our room was very clean, AC and appliances were fine. Refrigerator had a freezer which was helpful for refreezing cold packs before continuing our road trip. Bed linens were fresh, towels in great condition, and bed was comfortable! That's all we needed for good sleep and piece of mind. We also noticed no noise from other rooms or elevator even though they were quite busy.

Breakfast items were fresh, warm or cold as necessary and well stocked. Decent coffee too.

We will return on our next trip, LIke this Comfort Inn better than 2 others we've tried in Durham over past few years.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New Albany, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I booked the room through an online service and chose a more expensive room with a jacuzzi. When I discovered it was broken II was told my bill would be reduced and reflected on my credit card. The hotel went ahead and charged the full amount and has refused to make good on their promise. The hotel was dated and needed upgraded badly. My stay at this hotel has left a bad taste in my mouth. I do not like being lied to. The hotel has ignored my complaints. Really shady business practices.

Room Tip: Just don't consider this hotel ever.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lorain, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We impulsively stopped at this hotel last night for an overnight stay as we headed to our beach vacation. The walk in rate was reasonable at 62/room and we took 2 dbl rooms. The hotel has interior halls and doors. The front desk staff were friendly, quick, and effiecient. Both rooms were clean and functional, including a fridge and microwave which were extremely helpful while traveling with an infant, and had well working climate control. Our entire group reported a great nights sleep. We enjoyed a nice, hot breakfast including waffles, biscuits and sausage gravy, bacon, eggs, toast, Danishes, muffins, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, and a variety of juices, coffee, tea, and milk. The front desk staff (different than at check in) were again friendly wishing us safe travels and inviting us to come back the next time thru... Which will be our plan! Excellent location- immediately off I-40 for an easy off and back on when traveling.
Our one and only complaint is mediocre water pressure in the shower... Just a little more pressure would have been nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ohio City, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family stayed one night, the beds were uncomfortable the TV was a flatscreen, updated but the picture was grainy. The shower was broke and sprayed water everywhere and leaked all over the floor. The air conditioner did not get cold and the room was muggy. Breakfast was ok as long as you like tons of salt in your eggs. I advised the clerk as We were leaving in hopes they would correct the problems in the room for the next visitors and she just shrugged her shoulders, Do not stray away from the hotel it is located in a BAD area. Spend the extra 20$ and stay at a Holiday Inn

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn RTP? Share your experiences!