“Management lied to me” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 70 Hotels in Durham
New Albany, Ohio
“Management lied to me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I booked the room through an online service and chose a more expensive room with a jacuzzi. When I discovered it was broken II was told my bill would be reduced and reflected on my credit card. The hotel went ahead and charged the full amount and has refused to make good on their promise. The hotel was dated and needed upgraded badly. My stay at this hotel has left a bad taste in my mouth. I do not like being lied to. The hotel has ignored my complaints. Really shady business practices.

Room Tip: Just don't consider this hotel ever.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Lorain, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We impulsively stopped at this hotel last night for an overnight stay as we headed to our beach vacation. The walk in rate was reasonable at 62/room and we took 2 dbl rooms. The hotel has interior halls and doors. The front desk staff were friendly, quick, and effiecient. Both rooms were clean and functional, including a fridge and microwave which were extremely helpful while traveling with an infant, and had well working climate control. Our entire group reported a great nights sleep. We enjoyed a nice, hot breakfast including waffles, biscuits and sausage gravy, bacon, eggs, toast, Danishes, muffins, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, and a variety of juices, coffee, tea, and milk. The front desk staff (different than at check in) were again friendly wishing us safe travels and inviting us to come back the next time thru... Which will be our plan! Excellent location- immediately off I-40 for an easy off and back on when traveling.
Our one and only complaint is mediocre water pressure in the shower... Just a little more pressure would have been nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank akanann
Ohio City, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family stayed one night, the beds were uncomfortable the TV was a flatscreen, updated but the picture was grainy. The shower was broke and sprayed water everywhere and leaked all over the floor. The air conditioner did not get cold and the room was muggy. Breakfast was ok as long as you like tons of salt in your eggs. I advised the clerk as We were leaving in hopes they would correct the problems in the room for the next visitors and she just shrugged her shoulders, Do not stray away from the hotel it is located in a BAD area. Spend the extra 20$ and stay at a Holiday Inn

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have stayed in better Fairfield Inn properties. The staff was pleasant. The free breakfast buffet was welcomed, average, not spectacular. Unfortunately, I didn't like the setting. I have nothing against staying at an airport hotel. It is a convenient location between Raleigh and Chapel Hill, also near Durham and Cary. Sadly, the outlet mall in front of the hotel is virtually abandoned with few businesses or dining options. That makes this spot seem off-putting somehow. Pool and hot tub were fine. We asked for towels only, rather than maid service, as the kids things were spread around the room. Apparently, that bit of info did not make it to the maid. The first night we had loud next door neighbors and I could hear every word. The next night I heard only silence as no one occupied that room. Since, in all fairness, you know this is not a luxury property to begin with, I would give it a B.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel tonight and it is fabulous! The cost is very reasonable. Our room is large, nicely decorated and very clean. We asked for extra pillows and the manager himself delivered them in minutes. This hotel is a great one to stay in. It's close to Durham...easy on...easy off access with a new Manager who is great! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Great value for a very reasonable cost! You won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Great value, nice rooms....
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
concord, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel three times in the past three months. My first trip was for business and the last two for pleasure. There isn't a pool, but if you are looking for a good location, clean facilities, and friendly staff this is a good value.

Room Tip: There are rooms that are open to the parking lot if you need easy access
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Rocky Mount, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed here while attending a football game and going to Late night with Roy at UNC. We arrived 2 hours prior to check-in, and they allowed us to check in early, so we could be at UNC by 3. The room was clean, service was good, and it's convenient to UNC Chapel Hill as well as Duke, North Carolina State, and Raleigh/ Durham. I'll definitely go back because the price was cheap and the service and rooms were outstanding. Highly highly recommended by this Tar Heel!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends