“Same nice taste of sushi” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Antananarivo, Madagascar
“Same nice taste of sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Over 5 years we went at least four times to this place: each time the sushis were very good. Service is fast even if from time to time they forget to give you forks and sticks... but the waiters are always very friendly and available. I miss the previous layout that was more cosy with less bright lights.

Visited June 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

When we first moved here, a lot of people suggested Shiki as a good sushi place. We were thrilled since we live fairly close. We have tried Shiki a few times, and I just don't agree with all the hype. Yes, it has the "buy one get one" option that is always nice. Shiki focuses on large slabs of fish on their sushi (which I like), but leaves out many of the extras (like avacado, which I think is necessary). Now, there are options that allow for both, but they're overpriced. We drive further to Tasu, which I think is owned by the same people, because I think their rolls are much more "well-rounded."

Visited June 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Never disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Full disclosure: I'm not a sushi fan. However, their sushi list is extensive and friends love it! What I love, however, are the offerings on the rest of their "Asian" menu. I am a Pad Thai snob and Shiki is my favorite. Their ginger salad dressing is wonderful. Their curries are wonderful. Vietnamese spring rolls and lettuce wraps are quite tasty. The atmosphere inside is a pleasant surprise. They are currently expanding and moving into the space next to them, a sign of restaurant success. Prices are great. Go!

Visited April 2013
Burke, VA
“Great Value, Great Sushi, And Wait There's More”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have eaten at Shiki Sushi almost every time I visit Durham. Excellent sushi and sashimi at wonderful prices (once you understand the 2 for one policy). I always leave quite satisfied. Very friendly service that after a few visits starts to recognize you as a regular. Beyond the sushi and sashimi, there are a variety of asian dishes worthy of a mention: hot and sour soup, mushu chicken are just two that I've sampled numerous times. There are probably many more as the place is often quite busy.
And the more? They're expanding, taking on the space next door! The new decor looks nice and should be a very nice change. I look forward to returning.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“One of my favorite places in the triangle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've always had great food when I go to Shiki. It's a pretty stand americanized sushi place with great prices (buy one get one rolls when you dine in) and a good atmosphere. The wait staff is always friendly and we get our food quickly.

• Visited March 2013