“Bloody Maria's with brunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bleu Olive

Bleu Olive
1821 Hillandale Rd, Durham, NC 27705 (Formerly Bleu Olive Bistro)
+1 919-383-8502
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bleu Olive is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 637 restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Tapas, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Transit: Yes
Description: A new Mediterranean Bistro serving lunch & dinner Monday thru Saturday as well as brunch on Sunday
Dalton, Massachusetts
“Bloody Maria's with brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We love going here for brunch or a meal any day of the week, food is always good, menu is fresh and the staff is on top of things. I would reccomend to anyone, I'm picky and I always find something yummy.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Durham, North Carolina
“Nice place for lunch/brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went to Bleu Olive for Father's Day brunch and were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant looks to be fairly new and is located in a nondescript strip shopping plaza. The atmosphere is contemporary and casual with friendly, attentive staff.

The food was interesting, a blend of American and Mediterranean influences. I had fried oysters which tasted fresh and sweet but could have been crispier. My wife had chermoula salmon which was done just right, cooked right through but juicy and creamy as salmon is supposed to be. Our starter of baba ghannouj was also delicious and was served with crispy pita points and cucumber slices.

All in all a good introduction to a new restaurant. We will be back for dinner one of these days.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
moharaphd
“Very Nice Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just got back from a Father's Day Brunch. First time visit and we will go back. Menu choices were excellent and the prices were reasonable. I LOVE small plates as I cannot finish an entire entree. Our server was very cheerful and worked hard to see we were taken care of. Despite a very busy mealtime, our food was served in a reasonable time and arrived hot. Dad had lamb Bolognese and loved it; I had Eggs Benedict and the Hollandaise sauce tasted homemade and very fresh. We will certainly go back.

For the three of us, with two drinks each, the bill before tip was $70.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Friendly service, delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I ate here while in Durham on business. I was by myself, and I didn't have a reservation. It was very busy and most of the tables were reserved, but the hostess was very friendly and immediately offered me a high table at the bar. I was right beside the window, and I was just fine. I ordered the hummus plate and a Caesar salad, and they were both delicious. The hummus came with pita wedges, as I expected, but it also came with sliced cucumbers. I haven't gotten hummus like that before, but I loved it. I had a chocolate raspberry torte for dessert. It was good, but it wasn't quite as raspberry as I was expecting.
My server was very friendly and polite. I had a few questions since I had never been to the restaurant, and I felt like he gave me useful, honest answers. Overall, I was very pleased with the dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Great Middle Eastern and medditerean food can be hard to find. Came to the area on short business trip. Had spread plate appetizer one night was absolutely delish. Had lamb bolognese next day which was excellent. Will repeat as often as I can when back in the area. I would recommend to those looking for great middle eastern.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere