“One of Durham's nicest” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fairview is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 655 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Science Drive
Description: The Fairview Dining Room has come to define Durham fine dining with its "regional neo-American" specialties and impeccable service. The Fairview's elegant ambiance only adds to the overall experience. Every meal at the AAA Four Diamond, Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star rated restaurant is executed with culinary mastery and meticulous attention to detail.
Durham, North Carolina
“One of Durham's nicest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very elegant dining room, with impeccable service. Great selection of food and drinks, also offer afternoon tea. Only issue is it's quite expensive, but it is certainly a beautiful and high-class restaurant.

• Visited December 2012

Sanford, North Carolina
“One irritating thing can drastically bring down a rating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

With reservations made a week ago, my friend and I went to enjoy afternoon tea at the beautiful Fairview Dining Room. We had dinner there a few months ago and looked forward to enjoying this experience. While being seated, we asked for a window table and were told since we were a twosome we could not have either of the 2 "four tops" available at the window. This would have been OK except the next two twosomes that were seated were put in the 2 "four tops" that I had requested when we were seated! That is poor customer service and irritating! On the plus side, Andrew our server was faultless, our tea was refreshing, and the food plentiful and tasty.

Visited November 2012
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Yummy Sunday (Homecoming Weekend) Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My family gathered for Sunday morning brunch during Duke's Homecoming weekend last Sunday, and had a delightful meal. The service and food were excellent, and we really enjoyed the pianist. I had the shrimp & grits, wonderful!

The price of each entree on the menu included an appetizer from the menu plus the dessert bar. I had been looking forward to the buffet, which I'd been to several years ago, but this was excellent as well.

• Visited September 2012
Tucker, Georgia
“Go for breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I travel to Durham to visit my daughter at Duke, and we always treat ourselves to the buffet breakfast at the Fairview. It is affordable and excellent. The staff is great,

Visited August 2012
Durham, NC
“Great restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

There's no other way to state it, the restaurant was amazing. It's like being in Chicago or Washington DC with the atmosphere and overall ambiance of the restaurant. I wore a collared shirt and almost felt as though I should have worn a tie. The dining room is large and beautifully decorated with a grand piano and a large amount of space between tables. The food was superb, wine list excellent, and service perfect. I would recommend the restaurant for any special occasion or anyone looking for a great meal while visiting Durham.

• Visited December 2011