“Awesome Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Hilliard, United States
“Awesome Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We went for a Duke game and this hotel was very close to campus. They have a shuttle that will take you places, it's walking distance to bars/restaurants and their rooms were clean and the hotel staff was the friendliest I have come across. Wonderful time. I will stay here in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Abigail F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Durham/University Medical Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay and that you found the staff to be very friendly. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for an equally great experience if you are ever in the Durham area again. Best wishes and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was fortunate enough to choose this hotel for my extended stay in Durham. The hotel is located near the Duke campus, and they have a shuttle that will transport you to local points of interest. Ron the shuttle driver had a great personality, the evening staff was very helpful, I think Lee was one of the young men. I usually don't hang out in hotel bars or eat on premise, but the bartender Tangela's personality draws you in. She was very attentive and had a great attitude, seemed to really enjoy her job. The hotel is new and the rooms are nice, they do have a Keurig coffee maker in the room, which was a nice touch.

Room Tip: If you are a lite sleeper, you may want to ask for a room opposite the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay and that you have found a new home. Thank you for the personal recognition of our team members as well, it was a pleasure sharing this with them! We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for an equally great experience if you are ever in the Durham area again. Best wishes and have a great day!
Stem, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I know that this is an new facility, but EVERYTHING about it was fantastic! Love the bathroom sliding door! Love the heated indoor pool. Great location to Duke Campus surroundings and the Ninth Street District, with the Harris Teeter grocery store equipped with a Starbucks nearby. Also a Wholes Food within walking distance ! Awesome staff!!! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the unique barn doors in our rooms and the pool. We are fortunate to be in such a great location as you mentioned! We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for an equally great experience if you are ever in the Durham area again. Best wishes and have a great day!
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Brand new facility; fresh & clean. Shuttle bus on demand to all nearby points, 5 mins to Amtrak sta & downtown. Very helpful staff. Train noise didn't bother me. No free breakfast, costs $10+ Walking distance to fast food, grocery store, etc.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay. We are very fortunate to be in such a great location to Duke and the surrounding area as you mentioned. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for an equally great experience if you are ever in the Durham area again. Best wishes and have a great day!
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Nice, new hotel in a great location, both the check-in and restaurant staff were extremely helpful and nice, would dfinitely stay there again when in Durham! We had to add a room at the last minute on a recent family trip, and they did a great job accommodating us and keeping the rooms adjacent to each other, and at the same previously quoted rate.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay. I am glad the hotel was helpful in getting you an extra room and keeping them close. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for an equally great experience if you are ever in the Durham area again. Best wishes and have a great day!
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is a new hotel so obviously all the furnishings, decor, and maintenance side was flawless, but what really set this hotel apart was it's service. They had a lot of good help and everyone seemed to bend over backwards to make sure we were happy from the moment we checked in until we left the next morning. Breakfast includes a make-to-order kitchen for omelettes, etc, fresh fruit, cereals, juices, waffles, etc. The breakfast was not complimentary, but was included with our reservation.

We were visiting the Duke campus which was within a mile. It is located near railroad tracks so request to be placed in a room on the other side of the building if you may be disrupted by train noise. The trains did not blast their horns in passing, but you can hear them moving down the tracks.

Overall, it's a very well appointed hotel. I was very pleased with the value.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay. I am glad to see the staff were great and went out of their way to be helpful! We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for an equally great experience if you are ever in the Durham area again. Best wishes and have a great day!
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My office is in Durham, so I travel there several times a year. I had a regular hotel I where I normally stayed, but now I have a new regular hotel. This hotel was wonderful. It's brand new, so everything is really clean. The staff is well-trained, the front desk folks were really nice, there're complimentary hot beverages in the lobby (coffee, tea, hot chocolate...), and the bar and restaurant are great. The rooms are very comfortable, and the in-room coffee maker is a Keurig. The beds are fantastic and the location is amazing. I'll be back next month!

Room Tip: The rooms on the front face the train tracks, so ask for a room on the back if you want a quieter st...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay and that the staff were helpful to you. Thank you for the additional positive feedback on our bar and restaurant as well! We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for an equally great experience if you are ever in the Durham area again. Best wishes and have a great day!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Durham/University Medical Center? Share your experiences!