“My mouth is watering for another slice of Lily's Pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Boone, North Carolina
“My mouth is watering for another slice of Lily's Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I think this place was once owned by Pop's Pizza who moved elsewhere in Durham. The restaurant is funky, smells wonderful and has memorabilia to help you wait for your pizza. The staff is eager to share stores of this restaurant when you ask, We ordered take out tonight with a medium Aristocrat pizza. I took about 25 minutes to bake. The pizza was filled with crostini mushrooms,onions, potatoes,tomatoes and lots of garlic. The crust is soft and thick so for us it is perfect That balance of veggies and cheese with crust makes Lily's a winner. If you are not a fan of alot roasted garlic, I would ask for half. A medium pizza is more than enough for three or just enough for four hungry adults also eating salad. This is our new favorite "gourmet" pizza parlors for eat-in or take -out.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Durham, North Carolina
“Top notch food - terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The food is always delicious. I love the variety. There are things to satisfy my carnivorous husband and the vegetarian in me. The atmosphere is funky and they play great music - usually 90s pop and rock.

But, the wait time is over-the-top ridiculous. A to-go order took almost an hour - one stromboli and one calzone - so nothing too difficult. There was a single table seated when I got there and one person waiting for a take-out order. I didn't see a soul walk through the doors for at least 30 minutes. There were 3 pizza cooks, 2 servers, and 2 busboys that I saw walking around. I'm not sure what everybody was doing, but they didn't seem to be in any kind of a hurry. I'm guessing there weren't a lot of phone-in orders, since nobody was picking anything up. The service has been getting slower and slower in the year that we've been going here. There are way too many other tasty and affordable options in Brightleaf and along Main St. to put up with this.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh/Durham
“Most Incredible Pizza Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

If you are really serious about eating delicious pizza Lilly's will be your final stop on your quest I promise. It is all about the food here...if your looking for speedy service or to be spoiled in any way except by what you will be eating your likely to be disappointed. I have had numerous NY and Chicago pizzas in those towns and they are good but Lilly's is at a higher level. Someone here KNOWS what they are doing!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Irmo, South Carolina
“Best Cheese Bread Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Wonderful cheese bread and sauce. Creative pizza's with great taste! Excellent and friendly service. Cute atmosphere and reasonable prices. Will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Durham, North Carolina
“Great Pizza Near Brightleaf”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Their sauce makes the pizza (bonus: its vegan!). They offer gluten free options, vegan cheese, and too many toppings to count. My favorites include zucchini, green olives, and multiple types of mushrooms. Not to mention an assortment of specialty pizzas that don't incur pricey substitution fees! It's the best pizza I've had since moving here from Chicago, so that's saying a lot.

The one area of improvement that could be made is in the service, but my only complaints are mild. Sometimes it can take a while to get a drink refilled. Delivery is a nice feature, but takes an hour or more to arrive at this point (for reference, I live about 12 mins from the place). So I generally try to eat at the restaurant.

Visited September 2013

Been to Lillys Pizza? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lillys Pizza, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.