“Great one, this!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Durham
B'lore
“Great one, this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

One man, Douglas Fuman, the general manager of the property, makes all the difference. Employs a vigil that is commendable. Pleasurable, long stay. Glad we chose it over properties that specialize in extended stays. Friendly to kids, truly deserves its star 100 rating on hygiene.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Douglas F, General Manager at Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a response about your stay at our property. We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay at our property, and I have passed on your comments to the staff as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Smithfield, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This property is amazing. The staff was so nice and accommodating to us during our stay.There were multiple choices for breakfast and it is in a wonderful area. You can tell they have redone the lobby and even though the rooms don't seem to be remodeled they were in great shape and super clean. There were people painting the outside of the hotel so it seems they are starting to go through a complete remodel. I am definitely be recommending this hotel to everyone coming to the Raleigh/ Durham area

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. We are pleased that you were happy staying at our property and that you will be referring us to people that will be coming into the Raleigh/Durham area. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the area as well.
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Moved from the Sheraton, to Sleep Inn, I spoke with a very helpful, and kind person she showed us the rooms. We were impressed by the rooms, and Cynthia which was very helpful. We moved over and stayed two nights checked out on June 11,2014. The manager Douglas; was also very nice and accommodating. I plan on staying at this hotel my next trip to Durham!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor, it was very quite an no noise, it was a great experince
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the Durham area. I will pass on your comments to the staff about your stay as well.
Woodbury, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

May 5-9 was in the area for business...chose Sleep Inn as the "Home-Away-from Home" for the week - absolutely no regrets! Room clean. Mattress, though no pillow top, plenty comfy after a long day out and about. Parking--easy in and out. Breakfast above average...plenty of selection. And Doug at front desk...helpful...because of equipment we needed bottom floor room...with a simple prior request-most accommodating. Ultimate question: Would I stay there again? Planning on it...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with our property. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our property and that our property felt like your "home away from home". We look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the area.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed at Sleep Inn during the Memorial Day holiday, and it was a pleasant experience. Check in was smooth, the clerk was very nice and the room was clean and comfortable. I had a smoking room (which aren't offered at many hotels anymore), but they don't furnish ash trays so bring your own like I did. You could tell these were the smoking rooms when walking down the hallway, but the room didn't smell like smoke at all. They offer non-smoking rooms on the opposite side of the building also. Workout room was nicely furnished, but no air conditioning so it was pretty hot in there.The location is ideal for airport and I-40 access. There are restaurants close by and some offer delivery. Breakfast is served each morning, and it was quite good. They even had sausage gravy and biscuits one morning, and you can make a waffle along with the scrambled eggs and bacon they offered. VERY NICE! Great start to the morning. The room I stayed in had 2 Queen sized beds, and both were very comfortable to me. I slept like a baby both nights...

I recommend this hotel and I'm sure I will stay here again. For $140 for 2 nights after using my AAA discount, the value is excellent in my opinion! I travel quite a bit, and believe me when I tell you I've paid much more and received much less than I received during my stay at Sleep Inn. For the price, I don't think I could have had a better experience than I had here.

Room Tip: Do your research and don't always think staying at well known hotels will always be a good exper...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Douglas F, General Manager at Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend at our property. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

My husband and I spent the night here on May 15th after an event in Durham. I must say I wasn't sure what to expect based on some of the previous reviews, but felt like it would be a nice place. I used a discount code from being a member of a specific insurance company which helped with the room amount. I reserved a 1 queen bedroom. When we arrived - which was very late night, we were given a handicap 1 queen bedroom - very roomy. Everything was very clean, comfortable. While the walls where a little thin, that didn't bother us. The desk clerks were very polite and friendly. The morning breakfast buffet, we ate late so we didn't see a breakfast staff member, but everything was still well stocked and fresh. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when in the area. It was nicely decorated and very clean.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are happy that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the Durham area. I will also pass on your comments with the staff members as well.
Greensboro,Nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I wrote a review for this hotel 3/21/13, but when I called for reservations again (4/22/14) this year, they had changed management and I was concerned about both hotel/room quality and customer service by staff. I travel often and have had some bad experiences when a place that I have stayed previously is bought out or the staff is different.
But both Doug , the new manager, and Cynthia, the assistant manager were just as friendly and accommodating as the previous ones. And, the beds, pillows were still comfortable and the entire hotel was still safe & clean. Also, the shuttle service to/from the airport has not changed and remains very reliable.
RDU is a good airport to fly in/out of and this hotel is a very good place to stay for anyone flying. I definitely recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our property. We are happy that you stayed with us again this year, and look forward to you staying when you have to fly out of the airport.

Been to Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport? Share your experiences!