“Great hotel, very good service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great hotel, very good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

A rare 5-star rating from me. Even though local, I've stayed here twice because of issues with weather (snow) or pipes freezing at the house during inopportune work times. This place is my favorite hotel in Durham. It's more than worth the price. Rooms are great, beds are clean, internet is speedy. Rooms were quiet, but I stayed on weekdays. Didn't have breakfast, so no comment on that.

Room Tip: I'd recommend getting rooms near the back of the hotel - much quieter than the front. However t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Douglas F, General Manager at Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property as we greatly appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you in the future! I will pass on your comments to the staff as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Had to wait ten minutes before the front desk person decided to come up so I could check in, then they proceeded to wait on another guest, who told the front desk clerk that I had been there first. Then I had two missed wake up calls, which I had verified with the evening desk clerk were in the system. The front desk team, as a whole, could go through more training in customer service. As a choice member, I was astounded at their lack of care, service and tact in dealing with guests.

Housekeeping, however, was superb. They did a magnificent job!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with our property on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry that you had a terrible experience with the front desk staff. This is not the way that we treat customers, and by all means was unacceptable. I will speak with the staff so they are aware that this type of behavior is not acceptable, nor will it be tolerated. I will pass on your comments with the housekeeping staff as well. We look forward to seeing you the next time you stop in the Durham area and hope you will give us a try to provide you with the great customer service that should be given to all customers.
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

There were teens up and about at all hours of the night unchaperoned, roaming the halls and talking loudly. You could not sleep at all with the noise. Due to the low cost of the rooms, $60, I guess I will be looking elsewhere to get a better night's sleep for two nights.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I am sorry about your experience with the group of kids while you were here at our hotel. This should have been handled differently, and I have went over with my staff the correct procedures when we have groups in house. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the Durham area, and hope that you will give our property another try.
Ossining, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I arrived at airport late evening and waited for shuttle for over 20 minutes. In the end, front desk told me to take taxi and they reimbursed for fare and tip. I felt attitude of accountability from them.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Douglas F, General Manager at Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We strive to take care of our guests, and I will pass on your comments with the front desk staff. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Durham area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This Sleep Inn was clean and newer looking. The customer service was first rate. I wouldn't stay here longer than a night or two as the bed wasn't the most comfortable, but if you're flying in and need a cheap room and free airport shuttle this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014
Douglas F, General Manager at Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a note on trip advisor about your stay at the Sleep Inn Raleigh Durham Airport. I will pass on your note about our great customer service with the staff, and I will also adress the problem with the bed being uncomfortable. Please stop back and see us when you are back in the area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Was in Durham for a business meeting and stayed overnight at the Sleep Inn. Check in was quick and accurate.I went to my room and found the room to be clean and comfortable. The linens were a little worn and the shower head did not work properly, but that was minor. The location being by the interstate and close to the airport is great and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Douglas F, General Manager at Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Sleep Inn Raleigh/Durham Airport. I will pass on your concerns to the appropriate departments so that we are able to address them. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
asheville, nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed here because we like Sleep Inns and they have a good deal to park for a flight' However they contract out there airport transportation and it is not very good. I am sure the motel saves money not having to fund a van. The hired driver was nice but the van was delapidated and he didn't arrive until a half hour after we got our luggage on our return to RDU.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent comments about our airport transporation. I will pass these comments onto the company that we use for our airport shuttle, so that we can address the points your brought up. Again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Been to Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport? Share your experiences!