“Ruben rules!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Rougemont, North Carolina
“Ruben rules!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great food. Great value. Good service. We definately will return. I had the Ruben and was thrilled. Only negative was the flies. Wow there were flies. We sat outside. Beyond that thumbs up. Keep up the good work.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Yummy lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

After checking out the Cows on parade at the American Tabacco district, we stopped for lunch at Geer Street. 2nd time for me, first time for my husband. Very cool space. The rueban sandwich was very good. Real New York style pastrami ( we are from NY so we know good from bad). The tomato, avocado sandwich with bacon was delish. Next time you are in downtown Durham check out Geer Street.

Berlin, Berlin, Germany
“place to have fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

very nice restaurant in an old storage house, young people, sandwiches, pasta, salad, quite nice outdoor seating - in walking distance: fullsteam brewery (a fancy microbrewery), music clubs, .... place to have fun!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Incredible food in a casual setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and 13 year old daughter stopped in Durham, NC on our way down to Topsail Beach. After reviewing restaurants on Trip Advisor, we decided on Geer Street Garden...so glad we did! The setting is really unique - an old gas station converted into a small restaurant and bar. There was outside patio seating, but it was too hot, so we sat at the bar. We love sitting at the bar because we can chat with the bartender and wait staff. We started with a few local beers on tap; my daughter had a lemonade. All were great. The food is made using a lot of local foods. I am mostly vegetarian so I selected a vegetable plate special that was fantastic. I had never tried okra before, and it was super yummy. My husband had the fish tacos, and my daughter had a burger. All were fantastic. This is definitely a case of high class, quality chefs and wait staff working in a more casual setting, which is exactly what we love. The food was very flavorful. The wait staff was great too...they took time to chat with us about things to do locally before we leave. Lastly, I tried one of their specialty drinks...a "whiskey business". It has habanero whiskey, fresh lemon juice, and ginger in it...left a bit of a burn in the back of my throat...mmmmm. Go to this restaurant!! Great atmosphere, staff, and food!

Durham, North Carolina
“I'll Definitely Be Back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I'm a Durham native and I remember when this used to be a functioning gas station (I lived nearby when I was a kid) so it was a real treat to finally have the time to go and check out the food.

We went for lunch on a Friday and it was already starting to fill up. The interior space is pretty small so I guess you need to go early if you want a seat inside. We were seated on the patio which would've been great if it weren't so hot! We noticed that there were heaters installed on the canopy over the outdoor space (for use in the winter) and I wondered why they didn't install fans for days like this. Oh well. It really _is_ a wonderful space tho...

We ordered the fried chicken & arugula salad from the appetizer menu. I can't imagine anyone actually ordering this as an "appetizer". It's huge! It also has chunks of diced boiled eggs and a pretty nice mild ranch dressing. I would've preferred a bit more of a kick with the dressing, but it was good. We also ordered some fried green tomatoes. They were delicious!

The service was good, the ambiance was good, the prices were reasonable. I'm definitely planning to go back and try some of the other menu items ... preferably when it's not so hot or earlier when i may be able get a seat inside!

• Visited July 2012