“Nice, convenient property, but breakfast was awful” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Atlanta, GA
“Nice, convenient property, but breakfast was awful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was my second time staying at this property. It is very convenient to the Duke East campus and well maintained. My only negative from this stay was breakfast, While I know what to expect of a Hampton Inn in this regard, the kitchen staff seemed to be inattentive, letting multiple items run out simultaneously, taking 15-20 minutes to re-stock (e.g., oatmeal, biscuits, gravy).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Jeff_F_Atl,

Thank you for staying with us a second time and reviewing your experience! While I'm glad you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and found our location great, I do apologize that our complimentary breakfast did not meet your expectations; our staff will discuss your feedback to help do a better job keeping things stocked and ready for our guests. Otherwise, we do appreciate your high ratings and hope to see you the next time you're in the area! Thanks again for your comments.

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Asheville, NC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I found this Hampton Inn to be an excellent and very convenient facility. Located just off the I-85 North with very easy access off and on. Well lit, ample parking. The facility was in great shape - like new condition - and the staff was quite helpful. Even though things were quite busy at check-in time, I was comfortably in my room within 5 minutes of parking the car. The location is very convenient to Duke University and Duke Medical Center, with easy access to most anywhere in Durham.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear William Bradfor... S,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn & Suites! I'm delighted you had a great stay and found our location right off the highway excellent for your needs. We really appreciate your 5-star ratings and hope it won't be too long before your next visit! Thank you again for your review.

Lilburn, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Enjoyable and pleasurable. Staff was very helpful during check in. Recommended a car/driver to help us get to and from our destination. We were in town to celebrate a friend's birthday. Hotel was located right off I-85, easy to find and clean. We would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Ann R,

We appreciate you leaving a review and are happy our staff was able to accommodate your needs during your visit! We hope you had fun celebrating with your friend and are thankful for your high ratings. Thanks again for your praise and we look forward to your next visit!

Mayfield, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Great room. Chrystal was excellent on the front desk. Good location. Bed was comfortable. Rained at night & despite not being able to open the windows, you could hear the rain very clearly. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Gerry S,

Thank you for your review - I'm pleased you had an excellent stay and found our service great! We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and can't wait to see you the next time you're in Durham. Thanks again for your comments!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel 3 straight years. This year it was my wife's birthday weekend. Hotel manager gave my wife a gift basket. Hotel is located right off of the interstate next to Northgate mall and restaurants. Rooms and lobby were clean and morning breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear welcome2thegoodlife2,

We appreciate your loyalty over the past few years and taking the time to share your experience! I'm glad to hear you and your wife had a great stay and hope you had fun celebrating her special day. Thanks so much for your 5-star ratings and kind words and we can't wait for your next visit!

Okinawa, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

From the staff to clean rooms to good rates, this is a great place to stay! We went for our son's visit to Duke University and everything was close by. The restaurants in the nearby area also helped with dinner plans. Having free breakfast was a major plus during our busy schedule.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Sylvia B,

Thanks so much for your kind words! We're delighted you had an excellent stay all-around and hope you and your son enjoyed visiting Duke. We are grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and can't wait to see you the next time you're in the area! Thank you again for your review.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Female traveling alone, stayed for over a week.
Positives were: 1) staff were friendly 2) room was clean and well maintained 3) nice big gym 4) affordable.
Negatives were: 1) did not feel 100% comfortable in neighborhood, there was an attempted bank robbery on the street that week 2) highway noise heard in room 3) lost power for 3 hours one evening due to a storm and thought someone would come to each floor with an announcement or distribute candles. nothing was done by hotel. glad the power came back on since the staff did not seem to have any action plan. maybe this is normal for this area? 4) breakfast was ok, even oatmeal was dried up.

Room Tip: lower floor has better wifi connectivity.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear member m,

Thank you for reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites - while I'm glad you found your guest room clean and our staff friendly, I do apologize for the aspects that didn't meet your expectations. We take our guests' safety very seriously and employ security in order to ensure a comfortable and safe environment. Our team will discuss your comments in order to do a better job of handling adverse conditions in the future; if you'd like to speak about anything further please don't hesitate to give me a call at the number below. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in Durham.

(434) 822-2161

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85? Share your experiences!