“Great Hotel, Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Sterling Heights, MI, United States
“Great Hotel, Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

If you are planning to visit the Research Triangle, Duke University or Durham, this hotel is one to strongly consider. The location is off I-85, just north of downtown Durham. Great rooms, staff and facilities. One of the best breakfast rooms I have ever experienced.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Thomas N,

Thank you for reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites and we're very grateful for your recommendation and high ratings. It's also great to hear you love our complimentary breakfast and find our guest service exemplary! Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next stay.

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a great location off the highway. There's a mall nearby that looks decent although I didn't visit it. Here's what could be better: the fitness room is very very hot. I know you want to sweat during your workout, but between the bright lights (I couldn't find a switch to turn them off) and the sun beaming into the room, it was sauna hot. And there's no way to control the temp and no ceiling fans or fans built into the machines. That being said, the equipment was decent for a quick cardio and weights workout. The water tank was welcomed to fill my bottle, but the water was warm. Sigh... The breakfast was had good options. The oatmeal was really good. Just bring your own cinnamon if you like that on your oatmeal. The complimentary coffee/hot water for tea in the lobby is welcomed but the staff needs to keep a better eye on the levels. The toilet paper is bad... one-ply/super cheap. Bring your own Charmin (or maybe hotel can upgrade?). The rooms should be stocked with more than two towels, wash cloths and hand towels - especially when there are more than two guests registered. Even though the hotel is right off the highway, you really don't hear the cars and the walls aren't super thin. The environment is perfect for a good night's rest.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevator/vending. Ask for extra towels. There are refrigerators and microwa...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear zumbarita,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to our hotel. While I'm glad you had a good stay overall, I do apologize for the aspects that fell short of your expectations and will pass all of your feedback onto our team for further discussion - we want all of our guests to enjoy their workouts! If you'd like to speak about anything further, please give me a call at the number below. Otherwise, thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you the next time you're in Durham!

(434) 822-2161
DC Metro area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Spent one night here in a King bed room. Hotel location is good, right off the highway and near a shopping mall. Room was clean and had the typical furnishings. Bed was comfortable and pillows were soft. Bathroom has a full shower instead of a tub. No problems or issues here. Breakfast seating area is nicer than most Hamptons, large roomy area. Typical food served. A restaurant called Tripps is a very short walk from the front parking lot.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear mkjbs,

We appreciate you writing about your stay at our Hampton Inn & Suites and are happy that it was a good one! I'm glad to read you enjoyed many of our amenities as well as the spaciousness of our breakfast area. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I went to Duke, and wanted to stay with my buddy near Duke for a hoops game we went to. Staying at the Hampton puts you near campus, near Northgate, and near i-85 if you want to drive to other places.

Nice breakfast and wonderful clean rooms. Better than other hotels I've stayed in near Duke, other than the Washington Duke Inn, which is THE place to stay if you are not paying....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Marc S,

Thanks for the review and I hope you had fun at the game. I'm glad to hear you had a comfortable, clean stay and liked our complimentary breakfast. Thank you for the high ratings and recommendation and we hope to see you the next time you're in town!

Elgin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Another great hotel so convenient to things in Durham, especially the hospital. The staff was great and accommodating and the breakfast was a well-rounded meal every day with plenty of diverse items. I recommend this hotel whenever staying in Durham and especially if you have loved ones having to go to Duke Medical Hospital. The distance is only 2.4 miles and the roads have hardly no traffic to and from the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Gregory S,

Thanks for staying with us again and I'm glad to hear your recent visit lived up to your expectations. We really appreciate your 5-star ratings and can't wait to see you the next time you're in Durham! Thank you again for writing.

Norfolk, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I was so impressed with the Hampton Inn. Everything was immaculate. The staff was friendly and helpful. The access to the internet was easy. The complimentary breakfast had a lot of variety so I was able to stick to my diet. The room temperature was easy to set and it was quiet. I loved the granite/marble in the bathroom. Everything was upscale and clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Harold H,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and for your kind words! I'm delighted you had a great stay and enjoyed the variety of options of our complimentary breakfast. We are grateful for your high ratings and look forward to your next stay with us! Thanks again for your comments.

Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Was in Durham for an appointment at Duke Medical. Did not know until check in that the hotel offered a special rate for those coming to Duke. That was a nice surprise. The staff was very courteous and professional in all areas. The hotel was clean, comfortable and up to date.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Pam S,

Thanks for your review - I'm happy to hear you had a clean, comfortable stay and hope all went well with your appointment. We also appreciate your kind words for our staff. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Daly Seven, Inc

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85? Share your experiences!