“Overall stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Durham
A TripAdvisor Member
“Overall stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is my third time staying at this hotel. It is very convenient coming into Durham to find. I drive 5 plus hours from SC. I stay at Hampton Inn on I-85 for its convenience to my medical facility. I drive to NC for back surgery follow-ups. It is a long drive and I look forward to checking in to a clean room. I enjoy the fact that I know I will have quiet. Each visit I have had a peaceful sleep. The staff is very attentive. The bath towels are fresh for each day if requested. I would recommend Hampton Inns to my friends. I love the breakfasts! This is one of my favorite perks to staying here. The breakfasts are well rounded from oatmeal to pastries! Please continue to have breakfast. Thanks to all the staff for their hard work.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and are glad we always provide a clean, comfortable stay for you after your long trips. I'm also delighted to read you find our staff to be so friendly and accommodating, as well as that you like our complimentary breakfast so much. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Prince Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

A new and clean Hampton Inn in Durham is close to business sites and Duke University. Meet my needs. Tripps restaurant is across the street that you can order on-line and a mall is a block away for any items you need. Sears had things I needed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel staff is excellent, appearance is very good, cleanliness is of a high order. Rooms are good sized, very clean. Beds are comfortable, bathrooms are clean. Breakfast is hot and fresh. Always return to it.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Rachna S,

Thanks so much for reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites; I'm delighted that you had a terrific stay and enjoyed our accommodations so much, as well as that you found our complimentary breakfast great. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Durham! Thank you again for your comments.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

this hotel was very clean, the rooms comfortable... the lobby spacious and relaxing... the pool was nice, the fitness center fine.. breakfast was good, lots of choices... coffee was really good... staff was very polite, helpful and nice. the location is great to Duke University - Duke Chapel, Downtown Durham, and easy to navigate around

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thanks for reviewing your recent stay; I'm very pleased that you had a great stay and could easily relax while you were here! It's also great that you enjoyed our breakfast and that our location was convenient for your needs. We're grateful for your high ratings and hope it won't be long before your next visit!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'm very happy to recommend this hotel for those staying in Durham, NC.

The rooms were tastefully decorated and clean. There was a small refrigerator and microwave, along with a new large screen TV.

When we booked our room, they had to give us a room for handicapped folks, but on the day we arrived, I mentioned to the desk clerk that we had no need of the handicapped room. I was told that there was a cancellation and that a regular room was now available, which I was happy to hear.

Everything about our stay here was positive. All of the hotel personnel that we dealt with were courteous and helpful. The room rate was reasonable and a good value. The continental breakfast was very nice also.

I have never had a bad experience at a Hampton Inn. They really try hard to please you.

Room Tip: Fresh cookies in the lobby at 5pm on weekdays!
Dear Thomas F,

We're thankful for you taking the time to review our hotel and are glad your stay lived up to your expectations at Hampton! I'm also happy to read you had a clean and comfortable stay and that our staff was friendly and helpful during your visit. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area!

Alexandria VA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is is the best Hampton I've stayed. More like Hilton. Very nice neighborhood convenient to downtown with walkable access to Northgate Mall. Breakfast is very nice. Since no food is served beyond breakfast, no alcohol is available on the premise. Stayed on Thursday and Friday nights-- quiet yet accessible. Downtown Durham arts and food scene is incredible! I decided to relocate to Durham during my stay. Not making this up!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Merry W,

Thanks so much for your review and high praise for our Hampton Inn & Suites. I'm glad to hear you had a quiet stay and enjoyed easy access to downtown Durham-and we're sure you'll continue to enjoy the area once you move! We're grateful for your kind words and look forward to seeing you again!

Corning, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stay at this Hampton Inn every time that I am in Durham, which right now is about every other week. The staff is always friendly and attentive and the facility and rooms are always very clean. It's not far from Brightleaf Square which has some nice restarants in it and Tripp's Restaurant (American fare and steaks) is right across the street. It's also very convenient to I-85 and the Northgate mall is within walking distance.

I have tried a couple other hotels in the area but always regret it. Breakfast is ok, on par with other Hampton Inns, but at least it's a meal in the morning included with your room.

Room Tip: I like staying in the King Studio rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kevin M,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and we're delighted to hear that we've become your home away from home in the Durham area, as well as that you find our location to be so convenient for your needs. Providing a clean, comfortable stay alongside friendly service is our goal so I'm glad we've succeeded in this for your visits. Thanks again for your comments and we'll see you soon!

Daly Seven, Inc

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85? Share your experiences!