“Nice welcome” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raleigh N.C, United States
“Nice welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

When checking in, the desk clerks were very nice and we were pleasantly surprised when they gave us a coupon for a restaurant that was within walking distance. We had a nice room . Will be coming back!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Susan H,

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay at our Hampton Inn & Suites! I'm pleased to read that you had a great stay overall and that our staff was so friendly and helpful. We appreciate your high ratings and can't wait for your next visit! Thank you again for your comments.

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I tried to find a hotel in downtown Durham and this was the closest location I could find. Hampton Inns are consistently clean and function well. A choice of pillows would have been nice. Breakfast is a nice idea and coffee was good. What are egg nuggets?

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thanks for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm happy to read that you had a clean and comfortable stay and that our location provided convenient access to downtown Durham. Our team will discuss your other feedback as well- thank you again for the review and we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Quick overnight stay with family, no problems. Generally clean and fresh, does seem to be a "newer" Hampton. Has the typical Hampton amenities, but with a bit nicer decor. Near interstate highway but quiet. Breakfast hot and cold items like most other Hamptons, nice clean, well-stocked breakfast area. Would love to see some recyling!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear VacaBird,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Hampton Inn & Suites and glad that your stay with us was a good one! I'm happy to hear you had a comfortable, quiet stay and enjoyed our furnishings. Thanks for your other feedback as well and we hope to see you for another stay soon! Thank you again for the review.

Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We only stayed for 1 night while visiting family, however we were impressed! The hotel appears new and the room was great for our family of 2 adults/2 teens. THe staff was very friendly and breakfast was good. We did not get a chance to use the pool but it looked great!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear luv2travel1517,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel; we're very pleased to read that your visit was a great one and hope you had a fun time visiting your family! I'm also glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and hope you will be able to check out our pool on a future visit. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town!

Marietta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our family had a wonderful overnight stay during July. The hotel is new, fresh and the staff was very helpful. Check in was a breeze and the attendant was able to recommend places to eat as we arrived late. The breakfast was hot and the area was well maintained. Would highly recommend this location!

Dear Dawn C,

Thanks so much for your review and I'm delighted that you had a terrific stay at our Hampton Inn & Suites. We're grateful for your high ratings across the board and that our staff was so efficient and helpful! Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us.

NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have stayed at this pleasant property at least 5 times in the past only to have a most unpleasant experience last week at check in. As a Hilton Honors member, I made my reservation online as I normally would but upon arriving at the front desk , the clerk asked me to provide my phone number. I asked why and she said she required it to check me in. Since I had presented my drivers license and my Amercan Express card , I advised the clerk that she really had all she needed to identify me and assure my credit worthiness . Nope..she was adamant . If I would not give her a telephone number I could not check in. Since it was late , I gave in but even the next day the manager explained that this was their policy. When I asked why this policy was not publized as a condition of checking in the manager had no explanation. When asked what they would do if I didn't own a telephone, they said once again that I would not have been given a room ! Absolute maddness . Besides already being bothered by text and phone scams, I think I have a right to the privacy of my telephone number. What if I was a female guest checking in at the hotel being asked to provide their telephone number for all to hear! As one who has travelled around the world, I have never been ask for my telephone number to check in. As a Hilton Honors and also a Starwood SPG gold level for life ,I have had more than my share of pleasant hotel reception experiences. I certainly didn't get that welcome feeling here. This rather arbitrary ( and thoughtless) policy by this Hampton propery that ignores the privacy rights of their valued Hilton Honors members is good reason to consider staying elsewhere . Your privacy has a value.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear shanenolan2,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we appreciate you staying with us on several prior occasions. I do sincerely apologize for your check-in issues during your most recent visit--entering a telephone number is a requirement of our property management system to complete a reservation, but we certainly understand our guests' privacy concerns. I would be happy to speak with you about this issue further if you would like to call me at the number below, and in the meantime our team is discussing your feedback so as to improve our guest experience in the future. Otherwise, we are glad that you enjoy our property and hope you will give us another opportunity on your next visit to Durham. Thank you again for your comments and I would like to reiterate our apology for the inconvenience.

(434) 822-2161
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We booked a last minute 2 night stay using my husband's government discount. This was a very last minute trip, coming into town for a funeral, so we didn't spend a lot of time searching-we just picked this hotel after comparing prices where family was staying at the Duke Washington Inn (very pricey). I arrived a few hours before my husband and I was very grateful that the front desk allowed me to check-in without him present. Sometimes, when using the Gov't discount, they won't let you even check-in without the person there-but they allowed me to go ahead and I really appreciated that (traveling with my young son). The room was clean and had a pre-printed post-it note telling you that they had washed the duvet cover-that is really aweome. The room was very clean except- in the bathroom there were stray hairs on the toilet and in the tub- that makes me feel that the room is being cleaned with a dirty cloth or just not as thorough as I would like. Everything else did appear very clean though. The free breakfast was nice with lots of options (waffles, cereal, hot oatmeal, fruit, etc.) and the coffee was good. Overall, a great, comfortable hotel for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear cpbrooks,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We extend our condolences to you and your family and are glad we could help you during this difficult time. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and that our staff was able to accommodate your needs. We also appreciate your feedback as providing a pristine stay is one of our priorities and our housekeeping team will be sure to discuss your comments. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you the next time you're in Durham.

Daly Seven, Inc

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85? Share your experiences!