“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

What Trip Advisor says is true - this Hampton Inn is one of best places to stay in the Durham NC area. I will definitely come back. Great area, clean hotel, good people, good breakfast and very comfortable bed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Neal L,

It's great to hear that your experience has been similar to so many of our other guests and we appreciate you recognizing us as one of the best options around. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Staff at this hotel is terrific. The Suites are some of the best I've ever seen and I travel year round on business. I would rank this as my favorite hotel. The restaurant across the street has a wonderful menu. There is a shopping mall within walking distance and banks right across the street.

Room Tip: If you plan on working in your room, you should definitely stay in a Suite. The work space is huge...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Eldene L,

Thanks for taking the time to review us; I'm really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Our suites are indeed very spacious and offer a large desk and work area for business travelers (and anyone else who needs to get things done while on the road!) so I'm glad you could take advantage of that. We're really honored that we've become one of your favorite hotels and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Durham.

Auburn, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a few days as a home base for a business trip. The furnishings were nice and spacious. The layout of the room was nice. All furnishings were sleek and modern. The free breakfast was generally good but the scrambled eggs were not so great - they were the fake frozen eggs. The omelettes were better. However, they had plenty of other things and it was definitely an added bonus. My husband and I really enjoyed the workout facility - it had everything we needed, which was great! Unfortunately, the pool was not so warm, and there was no hot tub, so that was a negative. Otherwise, we had a great stay and would stay her again when traveling through Durham.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel parking lot and not I-85/15-501.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear raesun,

Thanks for reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites; I'm glad to hear that you had a great stay overall! We also appreciate your feedback and will discuss it among our staff to make sure we provide a better experience for all of our guests. We're a new hotel and really appreciate your kind words regarding our layout and other amenities. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next stay!

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Durham NC near the hospital is just a bad area. This hotel is a pearl in a cesspool. Great hotel and new. Tripps is across the parking lot. This is as good as it gets near the hospital in a moderate price with cleanliness and quality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Steve F,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel - we're indeed at a location convenient to the hospital as well as shopping and restaurants. I'm happy to hear that you had a great stay and appreciate our attention to cleanliness and providing good service. Thanks again & we hope to see you on your next visit!

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have friends who live in the Durham area and I stayed at this Hampton Inn on three separate occasions within a month and have absolutely no hesitation in saying that I will be staying here again on future visits. Very reasonably priced, the hotel is modern and clean throughout and every member of staff I encountered was very friendly and helpful. My room was spacious with elegant classical furniture and a very comfortable bed. The ensuite was also elegantly appointed with a large walk-in shower. There is a small business centre with free computer access and a permanent supply of complimentary coffee in the lobby. The price includes a very adequate breakfast buffet including a couple of cooked items. There is a pantry which stocks snacks and soft drinks, but unfortunately for me no beer. However there is an excellent bar & restaurant called Tripps which is just a minute’s walk away and Northgate mall with several fast food outlets is a five minute walk away. The hotel is also just a five minute car/taxi ride from downtown Durham which has a good selection of bars and restaurants in Brightleaf Square and Ninth Street.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Retired_Gentleman,

Our repeat guests are the greatest testament to the high level of service we aim to provide so thank you so much for your compliments regarding our hotel. We are indeed located near a multitude of restaurants and shopping so I'm glad that you have been able to take advantage of that during your stays. Our staff works hard to provide a great experience in all aspects so we really appreciate your recognition. Thanks for your review and see you on your next visit to Durham!

Madison, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Very nice Hampton Inn with large rooms, excellent bathrooms, and excellent staff. The breakfast buffet has hot options like eggs or omelettes, bacon or sausage, make your own waffles, and oatmeal. The dining area is spacious and bright. The workout room has about six machines, weights, TVs, and is well stocked with towels and such. I did not use the pool which is small but it looks like it would be fine for kids.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Jim_B_10,

Thanks for writing a review of our hotel! It's great that you enjoyed all of the options available as part of our complimentary breakfast. Also, our staff appreciates your recognition of their hard work. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Durham!

montreal, QC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a new and nicely appointed Hampton Inn in a convenient location for visits to Durham/Chapel Hill. We stayed for one week and found the room, the breakfast and breakfast area up to good reliable Hampton standards, and the desk staff and others we encountered were friendly and polite.
•One Important Warning: When I first began booking on expedia, I noticed on the final breakdown of costs a strange "extra guest" charge of nearly $10.00 although only two persons were to stay in the room. I have never seen this "extra guest" charge for a second person on any other American (or foreign) hotel. This appears to be unique to expedia. I wrote to the Hilton company (owners of Hampton) and was told that they do not control prices on expedia. The charge did not appear on the Hampton's own website where I booked the room.

• The room: good size w/microwave and fridge (not properly plugged in); comfortable bed with good linens; good TV w/sufficient channels; climate control was responsive and easy to operate.
• Bathroom: nice size and good lighting, large shower stall and good shower head.
• Location makes an easy drive into Durham, right across from shopping mall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear gimpel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hampton Inn & Suites. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the amenities we offer. I apologize for the issue you encountered with booking; we encourage our guests to book directly on our franchise website for the guaranteed lowest rate available.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay!

Daly Seven, Inc

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85? Share your experiences!