“Front Desk Night Guy RUDE!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Dallas, Texas
“Front Desk Night Guy RUDE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Beware of booking a room online here, the front desk guy here at night named " Alex " claimed that a reservation wasn't made even though we had a confirmation number and our credit card was charged. He was extremely unprofessional, cussed at us as we were checking in and then proceeded to allow another guest to join in the conversation. I will never book a room here again or have my friends and family stay here.
ON a good note, the general manager Wendy is a very kind person who tried to work with us, and after the unprofessional attitude of her front desk guy we decided to not stay but thanked her for her professional attitude. Maybe if he gets fired we will stay there, until then NEVER!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Tara L,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you faced while staying at our hotel. What happened is indeed unacceptable, but I would like to stress that this is not at all a normal occurrence and that we have addressed your concerns going forward. Thank you for the kind words about our General Manager, Wendy, who always works her hardest to provide great customer service.

I apologize again and hope that you will consider us during your next trip to Durham.

David Amick
eCommerce Manager
Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Durham, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We picked this hotel for some people staying here to be close to the hospital when they had a family member in a local hospital. They made numerous positive comments and said the rooms were fantastic. They said they would definitely love to stay here again, under better circumstances, of course. The food was excellent. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite, they are great.
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I travel some for business and stay in a number of hotels in the same general league as Hampton Inn. This is the nicest I've stayed in. It is a very new property, very clean and modern. The bathroom was spacious, the bed was comfortable, the heating and air worked well. The breakfast area was by far the nicest I've seen for a free breakfast. The food was better than most, although not great - but hey, it was free! With the approaching holidays, business travel to this hotel is down, and so are the prices. So it's a great time to stay at this Hampton Inn.

Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Hotel is new, rooms are clean and everything works. Staff were extremely courteous and helpful. Free breakfast was of decent quality if not extravagabt and location right off 85 and across the street from a mall is very convenient.

Clarksburg, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here during Thanksgiving and found it a quiet, comfortable hotel. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Everything worked well in the bathroom. My husband said the breakfast was good, but I don't eat breakfast, so I don't know the details on that. They also serve free hot coffee, hot chocolate, and tea by the front desk all day. At night they bring out free cookies too. My daughter especially enjoyed the hot chocolate and cookies. The pool is small and a bit too cold for my taste, and right next to it is the exercise room which was had about three treadmills, two elipticals and two bikes. My only complaint with the exercise room is that the temperature was too hot and it was a bit stuffy. A few degrees cooler would really help. The staff were all pleasant and helpful and the location was great... walking distance to restaurants and the mall. Overall, it was a great place to stay.

Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel was the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. It was very clean and well appointed. The pool and exercise room were very nice. We had a King suite on the first floor which I thought might be a little noisey but was not at all. The room had a great layout and was very comfortable. The morning breakfast was very good with hot items and waffles. I wouldn't recommend the eggs though as they seemed mixed from a box or something and chopped into small BB sized pieces. The only complaints I have is the towels in the room aren't the quality you might expect with such a well appointed hotel, they were the type you might get at a Super 8. The other thing is the walls aren't very sound proof and you hear the showers and TV's from other rooms. All the staff we interacted with were all very nice and polite. We stayed 3 nights and would definitely stay there again if we were in the Raleigh-Durham area.

Vienna, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

In town for a wedding so we got to check out a few of their rooms. Suites seem to be the -25 rooms. We were in 425 and it was a huge room with 2 double or Queen sized beds and a fold-out couch. Faced the highway but that was not loud or bright - good curtains in the room. One mattress seemd a bit soft for our backs, but the other bed/mattress got no complaints. The handicaped accessible room 216 on the second floor had a reg tub which did not work for my relative who specifically asked for a handicap accessible room. 216 faces the front of the hotel, and it's window looks at the back of the hotel's front entrance facade. 216 has grab bars thru-out the bathroom and wide space thru-out the room, but the tub was a problem. On the first floor facing the back of the hotel/ the highway is room 125 ~ a suite with no tub! Why the staff didn't put the requested handicap accessible person in the room with no tub was confusing to us.... maybe because it is a suite instead of a reg room? Would have been nice if the reservations folks or staff had asked some Qs before assigning the rooms as they did. Also facing the front of the hotel is Suite 325 with a King sized bed ~ a smaller suite space than we had in room 425, but still a lovely room. All all rooms had a mini-fridge and microwave with a sep sink area (with a large mirror - very nice for multiple people getting ready at the same time). The biggest complaint from our room was that the light switch for the bathroom is outside of the bathroom before you enter ~ frustrating when you want to use the facilities at night but don't want to wake everyone else. Were a bit disappointed that the pool was small and not as warm as we would have liked, but the hotel's location (proximity) was perfect for our needs. Might be nice if there was either public transportation or a shuttle to/from the airport, but the breakfasts were yummy, fresh and well maintained by very nice & helpful staff ~ in fact all staff we met were wonderful. Tripps across the street was good and we loved that Tripps and the mall were close enough to walk to.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85? Share your experiences!