“New hotel near the mall and restaurants.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Clarksburg, MD
“New hotel near the mall and restaurants.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here during Thanksgiving and found it a quiet, comfortable hotel. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Everything worked well in the bathroom. My husband said the breakfast was good, but I don't eat breakfast, so I don't know the details on that. They also serve free hot coffee, hot chocolate, and tea by the front desk all day. At night they bring out free cookies too. My daughter especially enjoyed the hot chocolate and cookies. The pool is small and a bit too cold for my taste, and right next to it is the exercise room which was had about three treadmills, two elipticals and two bikes. My only complaint with the exercise room is that the temperature was too hot and it was a bit stuffy. A few degrees cooler would really help. The staff were all pleasant and helpful and the location was great... walking distance to restaurants and the mall. Overall, it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel was the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. It was very clean and well appointed. The pool and exercise room were very nice. We had a King suite on the first floor which I thought might be a little noisey but was not at all. The room had a great layout and was very comfortable. The morning breakfast was very good with hot items and waffles. I wouldn't recommend the eggs though as they seemed mixed from a box or something and chopped into small BB sized pieces. The only complaints I have is the towels in the room aren't the quality you might expect with such a well appointed hotel, they were the type you might get at a Super 8. The other thing is the walls aren't very sound proof and you hear the showers and TV's from other rooms. All the staff we interacted with were all very nice and polite. We stayed 3 nights and would definitely stay there again if we were in the Raleigh-Durham area.

Vienna, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

In town for a wedding so we got to check out a few of their rooms. Suites seem to be the -25 rooms. We were in 425 and it was a huge room with 2 double or Queen sized beds and a fold-out couch. Faced the highway but that was not loud or bright - good curtains in the room. One mattress seemd a bit soft for our backs, but the other bed/mattress got no complaints. The handicaped accessible room 216 on the second floor had a reg tub which did not work for my relative who specifically asked for a handicap accessible room. 216 faces the front of the hotel, and it's window looks at the back of the hotel's front entrance facade. 216 has grab bars thru-out the bathroom and wide space thru-out the room, but the tub was a problem. On the first floor facing the back of the hotel/ the highway is room 125 ~ a suite with no tub! Why the staff didn't put the requested handicap accessible person in the room with no tub was confusing to us.... maybe because it is a suite instead of a reg room? Would have been nice if the reservations folks or staff had asked some Qs before assigning the rooms as they did. Also facing the front of the hotel is Suite 325 with a King sized bed ~ a smaller suite space than we had in room 425, but still a lovely room. All all rooms had a mini-fridge and microwave with a sep sink area (with a large mirror - very nice for multiple people getting ready at the same time). The biggest complaint from our room was that the light switch for the bathroom is outside of the bathroom before you enter ~ frustrating when you want to use the facilities at night but don't want to wake everyone else. Were a bit disappointed that the pool was small and not as warm as we would have liked, but the hotel's location (proximity) was perfect for our needs. Might be nice if there was either public transportation or a shuttle to/from the airport, but the breakfasts were yummy, fresh and well maintained by very nice & helpful staff ~ in fact all staff we met were wonderful. Tripps across the street was good and we loved that Tripps and the mall were close enough to walk to.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night at this Hampton Inn. This is a newer hotel and it shows.

I stayed in a King suite and the room was large and was unique from any other hotel I've seen. There was a desk in the middle of the room with the TV mounted above the desk. Very unique and functional.

The breakfast in the morning was good- standard Hampton fare. The breakfast area is large, which is nice.

Internet worked well.

Staff was very nice.

I would highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Seagrove, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just stayed at the Hampton in Durham this past weekend during a baseball showcase at Duke and this was the best Hampton we have stayed in so far. We have stayed in alot from NC to SC and this had the cleanest rooms, with a refreshing smell when you came in. The staff was great and the breakfast was great also. Very pleased with the whole experience!!! I would recommend to stay there.

outer banks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here twice while my son was getting chemo from duke. Comfortable rooms, hotel staff very helpful, and breakfast was satisfying. They provide transportation 24/7 to the hospital which was a major plus since some nights I didn't get in until after midnight. There is a nice mall across the street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The staff was helpful and friendly. We ended up in an accessible room, and it was spacious. The whole facility was very clean, and breakfast was a nice free addition. The halls were a little noisy at night, but I blame the other guests.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85? Share your experiences!