“Enjoyable experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Prairie Village, Kansas
“Enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

This was my first attempt at chicken and waffles. It is an interesting combination. The staff was helpful and explained the menu. I had the chicken breast with a plain waffle, and the macaroni and cheese. It was all very good. My friend had the chicken legs, gingerbread waffle and Mac and cheese. She couldn't have been happier with her choice. I enjoyed the decor and the feel of the place. I recommend it, but know you may have to wait.

Visited June 2014

Durham, North Carolina
“Patience pays off”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Dame's is a very popular local place that serves chicken and waffles. It's noisy, crowded, small and somewhat stifling. We had reservations but several large parties despite having their checks were just sitting and gabbing away (note to diners everywhere---be courteous to others who are waiting) so we weren't seated for nearly 20 minutes past our reservation time. Four of us had chicken and waffles and they were great. The waffles are really good and the chicken is moist and spicy. The greens are good, and several of us ordered fruit salad sides that were very tasty. My husband ordered salmon which he said was very good. It's a fun place, the prices are reasonable and it's nice to be somewhere that is really of a particular place. Our waiter was very nice. That said, it is chicken and waffles. You are most likely going to have to wait even with reservations. If you're not willing to do that it's not the place for you. But if you go with appropriate expectations, wanting something different and fun, it is totally worth it.

Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Awesome Place With Fresh, Fabulous Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Our second trip to Dame's...even better than the first. This time we brought "newbies" who just couldn't understand what we had been raving about. Now they do! We all had something different and shared bites of each. Truly everything was wonderful. The combinations of sweet & savory are what makes Dame's Irresistible! Here is my recommendation: Go to the website and make a reservation. That is the only way they take reservations and truly it is a small restaurant with people waiting for tables. What does that tell you? Dames is worth the wait! If you prefer a boring meal - don't go. If you can't imagine chicken AND waffles, you have to at least try. It's great, it's fun and it's worth the drive (for us 1 hr 20 minutes!) Love Dame's!!!!

Mobile, Alabama
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Our family loved eating here. My first go at eating chicken and waffles and I'm afraid I set the bar too high! The children's portions were large enough to be adult plates. The schmears were yummy too. Overall it was a great meal!

“Noisy place with great tasting food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My son chose this for his birthday dinner. I had never eaten here because it was always so crowded when I walked by and the premise did not seem appetizing. I found out having waffles for dinner works if they are served with a meat. I shared two dishes with my husband. One was a chicken with fruit sauce and the other was praline type of dish. They were both great. The service was great. Only problem was the noise. We had trouble hearing the server and each other. Some soundproofing would make this a perfect place. Not much of an alcohol selection either. Prices are reasonable for good food.