“Shuttle issues” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4620 South Miami Blvd, Durham, NC 27703 (Formerly Wyndham Raleigh Durham-Research Triangle Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #12 of 67 hotels in Durham
North Carolina
“Shuttle issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here to catch a morning flight. The hotel didn't charge us to leave a car parked there for a week - which was very nice. The hotel has an airport shuttle - but it doesn't always run. The desk clerk said she didn't get advanced notice - it just varied as to whether they had a shuttle or not. we were headed to the airport and - you guessed it - it was one of those "not" days. We needed 2 cabs and the clerk called and got them quickly. She paid for one of them since the shuttle wasn't running. I figured paying for a cab was not a big deal since they weren't charging me to leave a car. When we returned the shuttle was running so it was not a problem.

The hotel itself was pretty standard. They had a family reunion that had a lot of people in the lobby and hanging around. However it was generally pretty quiet and convenient.

My only advice is to clarify the shuttle issue if you need it.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The hotel and room is nicely decorated. Complimentary bottled water upon check-in and coffee provided in the lobby. Free wi-fi with a strong signal. The room had a mini-microwave and a mini-fridge. Nice bright lighting around the room. The only area that was too dark was the cubby where the coffee pot was kept. The light near the door wasn't enough to light that area. The adjustable bed and many pillows was very comfortable, but the platform the mattress was on creaked every time you moved. Had a room on the back side of the hotel on the third floor. I was awakened the second morning by banging outside from some sort of delivery truck. The occasional trains passing by in the back did not disturb our sleep. They leave earplugs on the night stand should you need them for sleep. The majority of the staff was friendly, confident and displayed a sincere effort to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. There was a bit of a glitch with the tv stations in our room, which required my husband to watch the game in the bar, while the problem was being fixed. We were given vouchers for breakfast the following morning, which was a nice gesture, making up for the tv issue. They have a nice variety for their breakfast buffet, which costs $10.95. The restaurant area is large and comfortable. This hotel is conveniently located off I40.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

A friend and I stayed at this hotel for a day while in Durham. The rooms are very nice, updated and clean. The check-in/out staff was courteous and professional. Free wifi was available and there was plenty of parking. We got an outstanding price since we were staying on a Friday and this hotel seems to cater to business travelers. The only complaint I had was that there was some traffic noise at night given that the highway was close to the hotel. It wasn't constant, but it did bother my sleep a little since I'm not used to it. It seems like this would be a problem on the front or backside of the building, though I was on the front side.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very nicely decorated, it has a bright, hip vibe and had a HHonors specials to encourage eating and drinking in the restaurant and bar. Several people down there having a good time when I arrived, and desk staff were super fast and helpful. Super comfy bed and well decorated in the rooms as well. And you can't beat the location - convenient for the airport and major highway. All around great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Convenient hotel close to the airport and interstate. Good breakfast choice. Ate in the restaurant a couple of times and the service and food is good. Staff are efficient and friendly. This is the second time I have stayed here on business this year and will stay again for the comfortable, hassle free experience.
One little niggle, would be nice if there was some bottled water in the rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Global
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel feels very new. It is bright, and clean.
The staff were friendly.
Notice to business travelers -- My flight was delayed and I arrived to the hotel around 10:30. The restaurant is closed, and I was told that there is no room service after 10. I was told that I could order pizza or maybe Chinese food to be delivered. I did not get any food delivered, but wished there were more options for business travelers who arrive late.
Overall -- Everything was fine, and in working order. I have stayed at other hotels in the area, and this is a bit better than others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Heather S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear BusTraveler40,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the hotel “Clean, Bright, and Efficient”. Also, you said better than other hotels in the area.

I can understand your disappointment when you found upon your arrival that the restaurant did close at 10:00 PM. Another option you can use when staying at our hotel is by going to our Pavilion Pantry just off the front desk. There you can find Stauffer frozen meals that you can heat up in your microwave in your sleeping room. And of course it does sound as though the staff offered options for food delivery services.

Our staff looks forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Heather Schaffnit
Director of Sales
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Spent a Saturday night at this hotel while attending a football game at NC State. The hotel's location was very convenient for the quick trip to the stadium. The hotel appears quite modern and the room itself was nicely decorated. Nice HDTV and cable selection. My son and I had room service Saturday night and I was very surprised at how good the food was. Breakfast the next morning was equally as good - some of the best breakfast pastries I've ever eaten. Being a gold member, we got breakfast for free. Personally, I thought it was good enough that it would be worth the $10.95 they charged for the buffet. My only complaints: the bathroom door doesn't stay open, which makes it hard to air it out after taking a shower; the bed - allegedly adjustable - was pretty firm and adjusting the setting all the way to soft really didn't make a difference (my son's bed was equally as hard). Anyone looking for a soft mattress might not be happy. Nevertheless, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: There are train tracks behind the hotel. I was aware of only one freight train which passed by, but...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Heather S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear moodyblue
We are so happy you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and were able to experience the convenience of getting to and from the hotel to NC State’s stadium. I agree with the food quality here is outstanding due to Chef Jon Papa and his staff.
I am sorry to hear you were not able to adjust the bed to your liking. Occasionally a guest is not able to get the bed to adjust to their liking and they will contact the front desk who will send up one of our members from the maintenance staff that will assist a guest to assure it is set to your liking. Also, I will bring the bathroom door concern to our team to see if the door has a self closer.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Best regards,

Heather Schaffnit

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!