“Nice hotel in RTP, near IBM and other corporate offices” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4620 South Miami Blvd, Durham, NC 27703 (Formerly Wyndham Raleigh Durham-Research Triangle Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Land O Lakes, Florida
“Nice hotel in RTP, near IBM and other corporate offices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Good clean hotel. Good staff, even though some are a little stiff.

Good breakfast and bar area.

Would stay again for stay here again for sure.

Not too far to Sputhpoint shopping and restaurants. Good central location.

• Stayed September 2012
Heather S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Gozo07,

Thank you for sharing your great experience at our hotel. Wonderful to see that you were able to experience the wonderful food served in the restaurant by our Chef and his staff. The hotel as you mentioned is conveniently located near great shopping and restaurants. We look forward to your next visit.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hudson Valley, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I spent one night at the Hilton Garden Inn. I believe the hotel was recently converted from another brand, so it’s not quite the typical HGI layout, but it looks like the hotel was completely renovated with all new furnishings. The room was moderate size, but with a very large bathroom, and had the standard microwave and small refrigerator. The building is set back away from the road which helps cut down on outside noise. The staff I met were all friendly and the room appeared clean. The bed was a bit too firm for me. They have an above average exercise room, and I found the hot breakfast (cooked to order) enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Heather S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear usroadman,
Thank you for sharing with other Trip Advisor guests your recent experience at our hotel. Sorry to hear you thought the Garden Sleep System® was too firm. In future if you feel the mattress is too firm please phone down to the front desk and they can send up a staff member to assist you with the mattress. It has a dial so that our guest can adjust the firmness of the mattress to be the most comfortable for your stay. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Franklin, Tennessee
1,220 reviews 1,220 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Nice Hotel that has spacious rooms and is situated close to our Raleigh office in RTP. The breakfast is good and better then what you get at Hampton properties. The service is great and love the outdoor pool. Will stay again next time in town for meetings.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Heather S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear mammothsales24,

Glad you have tried the Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park. Thank you for your comments on the breakfast. Our Chef and his staff extend a wonderful breakfast each and every day to our guest. I hope you had an opportunity to enjoy dinner at The Great American Grill also during your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Research Triangle Park.

Best Regards,

swansboro, north carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

As a traveler, I'm a bit partial to gaining priority club points while staying at Hotels within the IHG chain. While searching online for reservations for a visit to Raleigh I stumbled across an offer from Hilton Hotels -a best rates guarantee- (which also included a $50 American express gift cheque). I found this room through Hilton for one price and reserved the room but then found it through Tingo.com and Hotels.com (which neither are "opaque" sites) at a lower price for the same accommodations. After double checking all the "rules and regulations" for their BPG -I booked the room, filed out the claim form which went directly to Hilton and should have had a reply within 24 hours-I heard nothing and time was running out to cancel my reservations without incurring a penalty so I called the hotel directly-Mistake on my part as Lisa was kind enough to honor the lower price-but at the same time-this cancelled out my existing reservation-which somehow made my claim for their Best Price Guarantee void.......when I called Hilton directly to inquire about my claim -I no longer had a claim-as my reservation had been cancelled -by Lisa-and rebooked under another reservation. Needless to say I was upset-the general manager at this Hilton -Tor- went out of his way to make my stay here as pleasant as possible. Thank you Tor but after all this -I'm sticking to IHG-the room was ok-the adjustable bed had a lump right down the middle-banged the crap out of my knee on the Modern bed frame. Although I was on the highest floor-I could hear the people talking in the parking lot and - housekeeping came-restocked The coffee and made the bed -but that was it-no new towels-no new toiletries-I came back to the room-late at night-ready to take a hot shower and -no towels......(but she sure did take that tip I left her that morning). The front desk did promptly bring towels up-thanks guys. The hotel is in an ok location but I'm done with the Hilton Chain. The people at Hilton's customer service are absolutely rude(Kay Crabtree) and no one -not one person -zero -zilch-never returned my call to customer service. Who wants my points for this stay???

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Heather S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear sethis1,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. It is appreciated that you acknowledge the efforts of our staff at the hotel to correct any rate discrepancies you may have encountered. If your towels were hung up our house keeping staff will not replace your towels based off the signage in our rooms for our green efforts to preserve and save on water usage. However, if this was not the case it is our standard to replace dirty towels and accept my apologies. The front desk in that instance would forward this information on to our Executive Housekeeper to correct this for future. We hope you do choose to stay again at the Hilton Brand and our staff would look forward to serving you again.

Milton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I visiteds this hotel on business and was pleased! I am a diehard Marriott fan, but I may be swayed! The room was good size and the bed had a great option of choosing the firmness of the mattress. Overall, it was a good experience, a few little silly things, the sheets were stiff and there is a train out back so they give you earplugs, I was close to the window and you could definitely hear it, but I am not a light sleeper so it didnt bother me much. They had cookies and water in the lobby. I am used to having extra pillows and a high floor because I am a Marriott Rewards member, I will have to check on Hilton Honors and see if I can make standard requests. I would visit again definitely. It was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Heather S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Michele61601,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. We are so happy you choose us versus your preferred hotel brand. So nice to hear the positive experience you had at the hotel and you were able to enjoy the refreshments in the lobby to welcome our guest after a busy day. Please visit Hilton Hhonors Membership on line for membership. Our staff looks forward to your next visit.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel is the absolute best in the area. The staff are courteous and friendly, greet you by name, and will do anything they can to accommodate even the pickiest of guests. The restaurant food is very good, breakfasts are substantial and tasty. It only took one meal for them to catch on that I need my own carafe of iced tea. From then on, it was brought to my table as soon as I sat down. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in Raleigh/Durham, regardless of the purpose. You will feel like you have family in town.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are closer to a train that passes a few times a day. Sometimes the main air condi...
Dear Plano_TexasPlanoMom,

So happy you had a fantastic stay and you were able to experience the wonderful customer service of our staff. And I couldn’t agree more about the fantastic food at our restaurant The Great American Grill and superb service aimed to please each and every patron. Please if there is ever a concern with the noise from the air conditioning unit report to our staff and they will have maintenance come and service the unit. We aim to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Our staff looks forward to welcoming you on your next stay.

Lebanon, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed this past weekend in Raleigh for a business trip that we also turned into a family vacation. After a long drive in the rain it was nice to be checked in by a smiling front desk agent. We were placed on the 5th floor in a room with two double beds that we booked. The room was updated with a nice modern look. My only comment would be that with the room being so up to date the microwave looked like it was about 10 years older than the room. The air conditioner was not noisey and everything in the room seemed to work great. There was a large handful of stations on the television that wouldn't come through but it was also storming pretty badly so we did not report anything to the desk. And it really did not disrupt our stay.

The experience of breakfast was wonderful. The restaurant area had lots of natural sunlight and was warm and inviting. The food was certainly not bad but it was also nothing spectular. Average full american breakfast for a hotel. Dewayne and a young woman with blonde hair were more than accommodating to our family with our three year old. They made sure to take special care of meeting his little needs. Those are the things that stand out to me and would make us return.

Overall the property was clean, staff was friendly, and we did not have any issues. We will definitely be staying at the property again in September!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Heather S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear CandATravels,

Thank you for letting us know how great your recent stay was at our hotel. The hotel does have a beautiful modern yet inviting feel and everything in all our rooms is brand new. So happy you were able to experience the exceptional customer service that our staff provides. We look forward to having you stay again.

Director of Sales

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!