You added Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1915 North Pointe Drive, Durham, NC 27705   |
Ranked #38 of 70 Hotels in Durham
“Good Sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable, particularly Brittany. She was able to answer all the questions we had. The rooms were surprisingly clean, seeing as another Red Roof in Durham gave me a bad experience with fleas. The upgrades make the hotel much better. It was rather expensive but it was convenient. The area looks kind of bad, but a good stay nonetheless!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Good afternoon Shakara h

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Durham - Duke University Medical Center Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to share your comments with Brittany and the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Best Regards,

Dallas, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Hardly the best stay in Durham but ok for a night to pick one's daughter at Duke. Clean room but likely you will need to air it out. Check in and then go eat or go for a scenic ride or go hit a few balls at the driving range. Second time I've stayed here. Make sure you check in before dark or the entire transaction will be through bullet proof glass. Something to think about.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Good afternoon dmccrum,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we appreciate you returning to our location. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while staying at our location.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and we encourage all guests to let us know as soon as a problem arises so that we can (1) create a better stay for you and (2) fix the issue so that it does not inconvenience future guest. Thank you for sharing your experience with us as it gives us a chance to give better service in the future.

It is our hope that we will be able to meet any future travel accommodation when you return to the Durham area.

Best Regards,
Commerce, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Staff was helpful, and I slept well. No problems with the room or noise. Only problem: price comparison of this fairly basic accommodation with other options. Too expensive! I was a solo traveler, and the price I paid would have been a bit much, for this quality, even for two ......

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Good afternoon Sharon F,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you taking out the time to give us valuable feedback on your recent stay at our location.

We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Nashua, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My group headed down to the Pinehurst area for a golf tournament. 5 of us went down a day early to get in a practice round and stayed at this motel for one night. I must say that my room was very clean, bright and had been redecorated in the recent past. The downside was that it looked like there were people living there full time and they'd hang out on the balcony overlooking the parking lot. Some people had broken down cars that looked like they hadn't been moved in a very long time. Other people would just sit out in their cars smoking. We took all our golf clubs and anything of value out of the van and left them in our rooms. I would recommend the place for a one night stop but would understand it if a woman or an older person would feel uncomfortable staying there.

Room Tip: If traveling alone I'd suggest getting the king room. The one I have was on the second floor (3...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Good afternoon CambridgeJim,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while staying at our location.

We are excited that you enjoyed our updates and our new Superior King room that features: Large, flat-screen TV, micro-fridge, King size bed, large desk area, free Wi-fi, ironing board, iron, hair dryer, and in-room coffee.

Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our first time in a Red Roof Inn and we were pleased with the room, especially how clean it was, though the bed wasn't especially comfortable. Good location near the highway, great price, though be aware that if you checkin at night you can't get into the lobby; instead, you checkin through a slot in a thick glass window...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Good morning Jeremy C,

Thank you for letting us know that your first experience with our brand you enjoyed a clean room at a great value.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I didn't know that the rooms have been upgraded!!! Nice hardwood floors large tv and they even painted outside. Super nice stay and the best value near the highway. Very close walking distant to the grocery store,IHOP and etc. The front desk team is super as that pointed out everything I needed in the area.. I don't like smoke at all and the hotel is smoke free. The room smelled GREAT!!

I will be back when iam traveling again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Good morning Lovetogrill,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you taking out the time to give us valuable feedback on your recent stay at our location.

Thank you also for sharing the great service our front staff team provided to you during your stay.

We appreciate you letting us know that you will return to our location when your require accommodations in our area.

Lovetogrill ,thank you once again for sharing your experience, I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Hope to see you soon!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

just got back from 2 nights at this hotel and it was such a yuck experience! so glad to be home! We arrived on Friday evening late. The staff was not helpful, as they did not abide by the reservation rate that I had from the internet. They told me that the rate is higher on the weekend and also charged $10 extra per night for my hubby being with me even though I was paying for a room with two double beds.
so tired we went to the room and on the way in the elevator our feet stuck to the floor and it smelled like urine in the elevator. When we got to our room which we had to sign off saying that we would pay if we smoked in there, the room already stank of smoke. And funny that the headboard had initials carved into it...haha!
Not a good experience at all. When I checked out I was begged to not write this review even though the stay was so unpleasant..

Room Tip: don't stay here, the one in raleigh is much better
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Caryl H
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Good afternoon Caryl H,

Thank you for taking out the time to share feedback of your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues that were experienced during your stay with us.

I apologize for the miscommunication during your initial reservation which was for Thursday evening made only for one adult. I apologize that when you changed your reservation to a Friday arrival, we did not communicate effectively the rate and occupancy change.

I also apologize about the conditions you experienced in our guest room and elevator. I assure you these conditions are not the normalcy experienced by our guest and we regret that your stay fell short of the expectations we have set.

I would like the opportunity to speak with you personally, at your earliest convenience, please call (919) 471-9882 or email i0164@redroof.com