“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I didn't know that the rooms have been upgraded!!! Nice hardwood floors large tv and they even painted outside. Super nice stay and the best value near the highway. Very close walking distant to the grocery store,IHOP and etc. The front desk team is super as that pointed out everything I needed in the area.. I don't like smoke at all and the hotel is smoke free. The room smelled GREAT!!

I will be back when iam traveling again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Good morning Lovetogrill,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you taking out the time to give us valuable feedback on your recent stay at our location.

We are excited that you enjoyed our updates and our new Superior King room that features: Large, flat-screen TV, micro-fridge, King size bed, large desk area, free Wi-fi, ironing board, iron, hair dryer, and in-room coffee.

Thank you also for sharing the great service our front staff team provided to you during your stay.

We appreciate you letting us know that you will return to our location when your require accommodations in our area.

Lovetogrill ,thank you once again for sharing your experience, I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

just got back from 2 nights at this hotel and it was such a yuck experience! so glad to be home! We arrived on Friday evening late. The staff was not helpful, as they did not abide by the reservation rate that I had from the internet. They told me that the rate is higher on the weekend and also charged $10 extra per night for my hubby being with me even though I was paying for a room with two double beds.
so tired we went to the room and on the way in the elevator our feet stuck to the floor and it smelled like urine in the elevator. When we got to our room which we had to sign off saying that we would pay if we smoked in there, the room already stank of smoke. And funny that the headboard had initials carved into it...haha!
Not a good experience at all. When I checked out I was begged to not write this review even though the stay was so unpleasant..

Room Tip: don't stay here, the one in raleigh is much better
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Good afternoon Caryl H,

Thank you for taking out the time to share feedback of your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues that were experienced during your stay with us.

I apologize for the miscommunication during your initial reservation which was for Thursday evening made only for one adult. I apologize that when you changed your reservation to a Friday arrival, we did not communicate effectively the rate and occupancy change.

I also apologize about the conditions you experienced in our guest room and elevator. I assure you these conditions are not the normalcy experienced by our guest and we regret that your stay fell short of the expectations we have set.

I would like the opportunity to speak with you personally, at your earliest convenience, please call (919) 471-9882 or email i0164@redroof.com

Thank you for sharing your experience with us as it gives us a chance to give better service in the future.
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Apparently it's one of the first RRI's to have a brand new makeover.

Excellent--well done RRI. Standard American motel, done well.

We have an executive room: worth it as I'm on business, and my wife will be working the room.

Room Tip: Ground floor is probably quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Good morning James Happy Walker,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you taking out the time to give us valuable feedback on your recent stay at our location.

Hope B
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This sort of freaked me out as we handled my room key euro through a small hole in the glass. Several people wandering around the parking lot. As a female traveling lane I was glad to see policeman patrolling the parking lot. The place was pretty clean. They were pretty nice about my dogs. Made me sign lots of damage waivers. Most red roofs are usually friendlier than this one. Maybe I hit an off night .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Good morning Kathy J,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We strive to provide an overall positive experience for all of our guest.

Please know that we value your feedback and appreciate you informing us of your concerns of our current late night check- in process.

Thank you for mentioning our pet friendly policy and I hope that if you and your pet are ever in our area that you will give us another opportunity to meet your accommodation needs and provide you with level of service that we are known for providing.
High Point, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here while in town for business at the recommendation of a coworker who was travelling with me. I booked the "King Supreme" or something like that, and with AAA, it was only $63 total. Great deal. I asked for the best area of the motel for a WIFI signal, and was given the third floor near the street. No elevator, but I could use the exercise. Room was nice, and had neat features like a large desk (actually facing the TV!!!), charging outlets all around, reading lights over the bed, and my favorite, hardwood/laminate floors! I liked this much better than carpet (there was a small strip by the bed to land on getting out of bed) since it just seems cleaner.

It is close to access to the highway, downtown, and evidently close to Duke Hospital. There were a few rough looking characters hanging around that made me be a bit more cautious, but everything turned out okay.

I would probably stay here if I am in town again.

Room Tip: Keep in mind there is no elevator if you have a lot of stuff.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Good evening Petty High Point, NC,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Durham - Duke University Medical Center Red Roof.

I apologize we did not communicate the location of our elevator which is located in the center of our building. We apologize for any inconvenience this miscommunication might have caused during your stay.

Thank you also for recommending our location for future travels and also informing future guest about our larger Superior King rooms which includes a king size bed, 37 inch flat- screen televisions, spacious work area, micro fridge, and in-room coffee and now includes iron, ironing boards and hair dryers.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us as it gives us a chance to give better service in the future.

It is our hope that we will be able to meet any future travel accommodation when you return to the Durham area.
Robbinsville NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This motel is about three minutes from Duke Medical. It's in a quite place and near a number of restaurants. It is clean, good wifi, comfortable, and convenient. The staff is great. The area seems safe, parking is ample, and the price was right.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Good evening Woods Robinsville NC,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Durham - Duke University Medical Center Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel was nice for the price. I just can't fathom why they can't put a microwave in every room. Microwave = $40-$60 in each room. Not a whole lot of expense. The room was clean and overall nice but the beds! So uncomfortable! Didn't sleep well and neither did anyone else in the party.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hope B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Good afternoon Freckledskin,

Thank you for choosing our location. We appreciate you taking out time from your busy schedule to provide us with feedback concerning your recent stay at our location.

Please know that although our standards rooms do not offer microwaves, our Superior King and 2 bed Deluxe rooms offer micro-fridges.

We strive to provide an excellent experience for our guest. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. I hope that you were able to give us the opportunity to address your concerns prior to checking out. We encourage our guest to notify us as soon as a problem arises so that we can (1) create a better stay for you and (2) fix the issue so that it does not become an inconvenience for our next guest.

If you have not taken the opportunity to express your concerns with our location, we encourage you to correspond with our inn through the email or telephone contact information provided on your receipt.

Please know that we value your feedback and appreciate you sharing your expeierence and hope that we can provide future accommodations for you when you return to the Durham North Carolina area.

Been to Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center? Share your experiences!