“Clean Solid Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 67 hotels in Durham
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Clean Solid Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I booked this motel based on previous review. Fairly easy to find location. Night check in was done through the bullet proof glass, which im never a fan of, but I get it. Room was newly renovated. Floor is mostly wood, so the downside to that was it was a wet nasty night, and you can see the water and dirt i tracked in. Room had a flat screen TV, wifi that worked fairly well, and plenty of outlets at the desk. Shower had hot water and a decent shower head. Bed was very comfy as were the pillows. I needed to extend my checkout past 11am and it wasnt an issue. Housekeeping missed the washcloth from the previous occupant, and I noted that on the comment card. Check out went smooth. I hate how they do the "safe gimmick". I mention I didnt use it everytime I check out that these places. Id easily stay here again for the rate I paid. My room was on the highway side, so I did hear the highway, but I like that. They have rooms on the opposite side.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Durham, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a great location and very convient to diffrent businesses. Execellent hospitality. Updated rooms. Brittany at the front desk was very helpful. The housekeepers were also friendly! They welcome pets. The room has a pleasant atmosphere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Robin A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thanks so much for your wonderful comments. I'll be sure to share them with Brittany as well as the rest of the staff. We are happy to have you here and will look forward to your next visit.
Bedford, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Great location, 100% non smoking hotel which is great and best price around. Although there is no free breakfast (std at Red Roof), they did have free coffee in the lobby which was terrific and there is an IHOP literally 300 feet away from the Hotel. I found all of the staff to be very friendly. You cannot go wrong at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Robin A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I will be sharing all of your wonderful comments with our team. We are happy that you had a great experience at our inn (and at IHOP) :) We look forward to your next visit.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is my third time frequenting this Red Roof location and I am definitely going to be staying here again in the future. The freshly renovated rooms are very comfortable and welcoming. I enjoy the fact that the hotel is now non-smoking. Ricky at the front desk was more then helpful when I had to get up at the crack of dawn. He made sure that I had fresh coffee to take with me and also provided great restaurant recommendations in the area. I look forward to staying here again when I do business in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Robin A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We appreciate your wonderful comments about our team. I am glad Ricky was able to assist you in starting your morning. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was awesome!!! The service provide was very excellent. The nice young gentleman at the front desk provide me with some useful information regarding places to eat. I believe his name was Ricky.

• Stayed May 2012
Robin A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate your choosing to stay with us. Our guests are part of what makes us AWESOME!! I'm happy Ricky contributed to your experience and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Timberlake, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I enjoyed the weekend I spent at the hotel, and will definitely stay again. Ricky was very helpful and he made me feel that the staff is friendly, knowledgeable and efficient at their jobs. I like that the hotel is now non-smoking and you can tell from the fresh smell in the rooms. I look forward to stopping by again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your reponse. We are receiving a lot of positive feedback about our 100% nonsmoking rooms. It is greatly appreciated. I am glad Ricky was able to assist with your positive experience. Please come visit us again. Have a happy holiday!
Clayton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have stayed at Red Roof before, and I particularly liked this location. The rooms are newly renovated and they feel bright because of the colors, and not dark and dingy. The staff was impressive, and Mengo knows his job and made me feel welcome. I liked the fact that there;'s an IHOP right next door, which was good enough to make me forget there was no breakfast at the hotel, but at the price, breakfast would be expecting too much.

Room Tip: Superior Kings are great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoy the location. I will pass on your comments to Mengo about his customer service. Feedback from guests is always appreciated. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Been to Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center? Share your experiences!