“Fancy but simple.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Fayetteville
“Fancy but simple.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Hotel seemed to be fancy until you entered the rooms. They were the same as the cheaper hotels. Nice bar/restraunt/lounge area but not impressed with breakfast menu. Definitely not worth it if you have children. Would stay again though.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Garland, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We were greeted at the door and it was opened for us and the gentlemen were so polite and so helpful and sweet. The ladies at the front desk were so kind and polite and went out of their way to help us. We were there to go to the VA and my husband was just out of the hospital at home, and so tired, I ask was there a chance we could check in a little before the time the VA gave us and they called until they got up with the correct person and got it approved. They treated us so special. I have to add my husbands health is not very good and we don't get treated special very often, so this was a very special thing for us. So I got him to bed and he took quite a nap. Those are the most comfortable beds I have ever been in, in any hotel ever. They were so great and my husband slept so well. Then we were able to get supper and every bite was really good. Amazing in every way. Can not say enough about all of your staff and your hotel. And clean as a whistle. The people working were Auxie, Octavia, RaTechia, Teddy, Paul, James, Janice, Jammie, Drina, Shayba, Judy, Arnold, Thomas, Ike, and John. They were all super in their jobs. The 2 ladies at the front desk and the 2 men at the front door and the bartender when I ordered our food and the lady that cooked it were really amazing people and I am sure as I would always want to come back that everyone else they come in contact with will feel the same. Thank you so much for your kindness and consideration. We really appreciated it. We have already been telling people about your hotel and will continue to do so. And giving rave reviews for every part of it.

Room Tip: All I can say is every part of it was great!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
David T, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Durham, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear deecan1,
I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. When a customer remembers so many of the individual staff by name it is very telling of the positive and memorable service that they received. I am very proud of the entire staff here and I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the staff. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
David T
King, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I've stayed at this hotel before and know it as an enjoyable place to stay. This stay was not so great, however. There was some kind of conference going on at the hotel, and Friday night it was loud and full of drunks on the elevator and upper floors until about 2 a.m. The 4th floor button had been broken on the elevator, which I called to report, but by the time I checked out it had still not been fixed and everyone needing 4th floor had to walk a lot farther to use a different elevator. The whirlpool was dirty, but the indoor pool was clean and at a good temperature. The breakfast was good, and service in the restaurant was very good.

Room Tip: The problem with it being loud was due to some kind of conference being held there, so the noise was...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear King_NCRetired,
As a returning customer your experiences and comments on the service we provide is very important to us. I am very sorry to hear your stay with us was disturbed by the late night coming and going of other guests in the hotel and for the inconvenience caused due to the damage done to the fourth floor elevator call button. As you know from past experience, this is not at all typical of what our guests can expect during their stay and I want to apologize for the poor experience you had. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next visit to the greater Durham area and enjoy the peaceful stay that you have experienced in the past.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My mother is preparing for a lung transplant, her trip to Duke this week was VERY important. she'd made reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn weeks ago, they'd given her the impression they had a 'medical rate' available (that was still higher than the regular rates here, with a friendly staff).I called to confirm the day before she was due to arrive, the Hilton said she didn't get a medical. My mother was going to get all the way out there and have to pay 3 times the amount we expected as I am sure this has happen to many. I called the millennium and a very nice lady Shayla and another extremely nice lady I coordinated with Janice were EXTREMELY helpful and kind in helping get an affordable comfortable, and clean room!They took care of our biggest the dilemma of my mothers oxygen (she can't go without and the oxygen company was closed on Saturday) had already been delivered to the Hilton Garden Inn. although I know it was asking a lot their extremely nice and happy to help shuttle bus driver Peddy went and picked up my mothers supplies and had them waiting for her at check in. There are no words to describe my deep appreciation towards the Millennium Hotel and it's outstanding staff. This trip would have been a disaster had it not been for their kindness and help. I would recommend this hotel to anyone but especially people going to Duke, that have special medical needs and may encounter any problems that their family 300 miles away can't help with immediately. I called around and other than this hotel, everyone was kind 'oh wellish' so when i heard Shayla and Janices kind voices and politeness I instantly knew,I could trust these people with my mother. Now i cam rest knowing my mother and her husband are safe and in good hands. Bless these people.

Room Tip: They have Superior rooms with shower bars for medical patients going to Duke
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear ChasityWilson,
I hope that your mother is doing well! I was very pleased to hear that our staff was able to assist you with your reservation changes and that Teddy was able to pick up and transfer your mother’s oxygen and supplies so that they were ready and available for your arrival. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments on the service you received from Teddy, Shayla and Janice to each of them.
David T
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On our medical trip Duke we happened to have the pleasure of staying @ the Millennium. The staff were wonderful people,as I'm sure most people know that it is a real roller coaster ride when it comes to illnesses. They made our stay a " no brainer ". Any and every need we could possibly had they figured one way or another to accommodate us,I thank god for the staff,they are beautiful people! We've already made our next reservation before we even left the hotel! They said that they are getting ready to have a complete multi- million dollar facelift! I myself cannot wait! Thank you so much once again Millennium!! You will always be in our thoughts and prayers,truly. P.S. I didn't forget you too Teddy,my buddy and shuttle driver!

Room Tip: Main building is the best right now.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Scott K,
I am very pleased that you chose the Millennium for your accommodations for your medical visit to Duke and I hope your next visit to the greater Durham area will be under more pleasant circumstances other than for a medical visit. We look forward to serving you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past 6 weeks. The hotel provides overnight lodging for patients and families that have to travel long distances and have early appointments at Duke university hospital and the VA medical center. The lobby and dining areas and bar are tastefully decorated, as is the indoor pool and hot tub area. The rooms we occupied each time were clean and nicely decorated. There were, however some signs of age in the rooms. The first time, the floor lamp didn't work and was wobbly. This time, the bathroom sink looked very old, porcelain dull, faucet older and no shine. The faceplate of the tissue holder was rusted. Service for breakfast is incredibly slow if there is no buffet that morning (we were told that the decision for a buffet was based on occupancy). This hotel is not easy to find, staff is pleasant. Hot tub was cold on first visit and just right this visit. Overall, above average.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
David T, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Durham, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Karen B,

As a returning customers your view as to our properties performance is very important to us as we constantly strive to improve on the services that we provide to all guests. I do want to ensure you that I have discussed the slow service you received in our dining room with our Food & Beverage Director and I am confident you will see improvement in accurate forecasting of business volume and adequate staffing levels in the restaurant to meet all customer needs in the future.

Regards,
Redington Shores, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On a medical trip with a family member this hotel seemed as if it had all we needed for a few days on a visit to Duke medical. The price is fair for Duke patients and the shuttle is convenient from the airport and around town. Every employee was lovely and gracious, I wish I could say the same for the rooms. Peeling paint and wallpaper, dirty carpet, musty smells coming through over-used air-freshener left me looking elsewhere for our accommodations for the next trip. It's like a beautifully wrapped package with some dirty, old socks inside. I'd like to take all those staff members and transplant them in a new hotel. Unfortunately people coming in from out of town for medical treatment don't always have loads of cash to stay elsewhere and this is what's convenient and available.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Karen m,

I am sorry that your visit to Durham was not under more pleasant circumstances but I was very pleased to hear you were able to take advantage of our special Duke Medical rate. Your positive comments on our staff's performance is most appreciated. We are very excited about the upcoming refurbishment plans to the hotel in the New Year and I do hope we will be able to better serve your needs on your next visit.

David

Been to Millennium Hotel Durham? Share your experiences!