“Two 5-7 days at this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #34 of 67 hotels in Durham
Matthews, North Carolina
“Two 5-7 days at this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I had occasion to stay at this hotel while my husband was in the hospital at Duke, the 2nd time from December 3rd until December 9th. Without exception, I was treated by all of the staff like a member of the family. I'm including front desk, housekeeping, and shuttle drivers. While I don't know all the names, I especially remember Jamie, Ratechia, and Judy from the front desk as well as your shuttle drivers, Thomas and Paul. To make matters more difficult, I had a broken right foot and was in a boot the entire time. Thomas and Paul made sure that I got in and out of the shuttle safely every time, and showed me so much care and compassion. I found your prices very reasonable, and rooms very comfortable. While I hope we don't have any more long stays in the hospital, your hotel would be my first choice. Thank you, Chlois Barkman

Room Tip: When dealing with a handicap, being close to a room or elevator is always helpful. Your shuttle ser...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MHD205, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Durham, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Chlois B,
It was certainly good to know you rate our associates so positively on their service and I will make certain that your positive comments in this most important area are passed on to most specifically to; Jamie, Ratechia, and Judy from the front desk and shuttle drivers, Thomas and Paul. We sincerely appreciate your patronage and please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything I or my staff can do to assist you in the future.

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Would like to say how pleased I have been on sevral stays at this hotel while being treated at the local hospital. Instead of having to drive the hotel has a shuttle service to take you to the hospital and clinics or most any place you want to go. The inside manager "John' and especially the driver "Teddy" are gracious, helpfull and always ready to assist you. I would stay no where else primarily due to this type of GREAT service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ray R,
I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to forward your comments on your most recent stay with us here at the Millennium Hotel Durham and how much we appreciate your ongoing support as a repeat guest when in Durham. I will make sure that your positive comments on the outstanding service you received from both John and Teddy are passed on to them.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Just returned from our trip to Durham and our stay at the motel. It was excellent. Enjoyed the pool, the jucuzzi, and the service was good. Love the soft oversized pillows; only wish is that the person at the front service desk would have been able to tell us where to get pillows like that and the brand. This is not a complaint :).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear v e,
It is good to hear that you were able to take time to enjoy our indoor swimming pool and whirl pool during your recent visit and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near furture.
Newland, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stay at this hotel during medical visits. The prices are great and we are very close to the hospital. I am concerned with the amount of mold present in this hotel. We were originally given a room on the first floor near the dining hall. I had an immediate headache and we all could smell the mold really strong. Mold is the last thing you need to be breathing when you have medical conditions. They moved us to an upstairs room. The smell wasn't as bad, but I had a terrible migraine all night. I was told this hotel will be doing some renovations. The most important thing they could do would be to replace all the carpet and locate the source of mold. I would have given this hotel four stars otherwise.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kelli P,
As repeat customer of the Millenium Durham we sincerely appreciate your taking the time to comment on your most recent visit with us. Our standards are typicaly much higher than what you experienced and were obviously not being well enforced with the first room you were assigned. I do want to assure you your comments have received my personal attention and we will do everything we can to ensure rooms which has not been occupied in several days are indeed ready for occupancy.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This hotel is great with great customer service. Even when the handicapped room that I needed to stay in became unavailable because of a broken showerhead, Maggie was able to find a different room that would work for me, and compensated me for the inconvenience of not having a walk-in shower. Thank you, Maggie, for making my stay so lovely.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear, Claire O
As the individual who has direct responsibility for the Millennium Hotel Durham, I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us.

It was certainly good to know you rate Maggie so positively on her service and I will make certain that your positive comments in this most important area are passed on to her.
We very much appreciate your business and look forward to having an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Woodstock, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

My wife and I both caught colds after staying just one night at this hotel. The room was dank with mildew and also smelled of smoke. We asked for a change in rooms and were sent 4 doors down to a room that smelled of heavy perfume - no thanks. We toughed it out but picked up colds for our troubles. The faucet in the shower did not work, but the engineer was responsive and nice and did not take long to fix. Also, you can not get cell phone service, hardly anywhere, because the building is old and mostly concrete and rebar. Their wifi service is also terrible. This was not a good experience. The bright spot was the staff, who were cheerful and helpful, but you could tell they knew they were working with inferior product and trying their best to make the guests as comfortable as possible with what they had. They should all get raises, and the building needs dire restorations and modifications. Avoid.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Stillwater, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This hotel is encompassed by hazardous Mildew and Mold. It is well hidden, but it is present... Came home sick after staying at this property for 4 nights... Had some late night visitors who came to "dine" on my left-overs.... No worries, when I opened my star-foam to-go box they decided to leave!! I guess you could say "dine and dash"...The bathroom utilities are poor at best.. You need the strength of an iron-man to pull the water spicket open to take a shower.. The front desk staff were great! They Van drivers were great!! The bar was TERRIFIC!! Robin at the bar did a great job of making us feel at home! The older lady who is the server in the restaurant at night has no manners what-so-ever... She is rude and forceful.. She apparently "owns" the lounge tables when her dining room is "closed"... during dinner hour each evening... She told us, if we were sitting in the lounge table areas, that we needed to have "dinner" as well.. Not wanting to leave, we pulled two tables together and ordered appetizers.. She then instructed us order our drinks through her, instead of the bar, where we had tabs open! She had a poor presentation when delivering the $60 of appetizers that we ordered... She did not keep the table cleared, and stood in the service area non stop... watching us... Like a hawk! She could not even separate the tickets when the bill arrived. I guess the moral of the story here is... If you like mildew and mold. Have the strength to pull the water spicket open in the tub to engage the shower, like late night "dining buddies" and a rude server who continually keeps the restaurant closed... But enjoy a good bartender and good drinks, and friendly front desk staff with good drivers.. Then book you next stay!!!

Room Tip: Unknown!! As it appeared they were all the same!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Millennium Hotel Durham? Share your experiences!