“Recent stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Recent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the millennium Durham. This stay was October 27 and 28. The staff is so friendly and helpful, I need to go to Duke medical and the guys are patient, and caring. James, Thomas, and Teddy take good care of all the guests. The hotel is a bit old and worn, the rooms need updating from the doors, bathrooms, decor, etc. the staff is the reason I come back. I hope a remodel is in their future. The food is good as well as great staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MHD205, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Durham, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Michael W,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. As a returning guest your perspective as to the service we provide to our guests is very important to us, as we are always striving to improve. I am very proud of the outstanding associates at the Millennium and I will be sure your positive comments on the hospitality and servce you received is passed on specifically to James Thomas and Teddy and the Food & Beverage team. We look forward to serving you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the Millennium while attending NCCU Homecoming. We had a wonderful weekend, topped off with a wonderful stay at the hotel. The services and accommodations exceeded our expectations. We really appreciated the staff allowing us to check into the hotel early Friday, and then allowing a late check out for us on Sunday. Thank you so much. We look forward to staying next year. Go Eagles!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Flylilbirdie,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us.
I am very proud to have Maggie and Jamie and so many others like them on our staff and I will ensure your positive comments regarding their service and hospitality are passed on to them. I was disappointed our housekeeping standards were not being well enforced during your stay and I do want to ensure you your comments have received my personal attention and I have discussed them with our Executive Housekeeper and I am confident our standards will be better enforced going forward. We look forward to having an opportunity to serve you the next time your travels bring you back to Durham.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Upon arriving at the Millennium Hotel in Durham I was a little concerned I had made a very bad choice in my accommodations. I was sent on a last minute business trip and this was the closest hotel to where I needed to be. Not being very familiar with the area I picked the most recognizable location I could find. I decided to stay and had some good and bad views on this hotel.
The good: The ONLY reason this place gets an outstanding review is because of the staff I encountered. They all worked very hard and deserve some stellar recognition. Every employee I saw was working hard (sometimes too hard as it appeared they could have used some help). They all smiled and spoke professionally and politely. I encountered too young ladies at the front desk who were extremely sweet and energetic despite the fact that they had to run back and forth from the office to make keys for everyone who needed them. This hotel gets an A+ for these two delightful women (Jamie and Maggie were their names I believe)!
Now for the not so outstanding: The exterior of the hotel could use a thorough cleaning and the lobby area leaves a lot to be desired. Once you enter the rooms you are hit with a slight mold or mildew smell. This is scary because if I can smell that I fear for what I can not see. The sheets and pillows on the bed look tired. The carpet has so much dirt stomped in to it there is no way a vacuum could get it all out. The hallways are dark and a little scary at night especially when you walk by a humming fluorescent light bulb.

This hotel needs a complete cosmetic overhaul to make the accommodations match the terrific service! I sure hope that happens before this staff decides to take their talent elsewhere because I will definitely be back when I come to Durham!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Patty W,
I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your posiitve experience during your recent stay with us. I am very proud to have Ratechia on our team of associates and I will ensure your positive comments regarding her hospitality and service is passed on to her. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the near furture.
Bluefield, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My stay here was for treatment at a nearby hospital. I would like to compliment the staff for all the excellent service I have received. Front desk, John, Judy, Octiva, Ratechia, Maggie, Jamie, Shuttle - Teddy, Dan, Arnold, Paul, Thomas, Ike, Engineer Stanley for all of his help,, house keeping - Christina, Beverly, Lequita,--Restaurant--Elizabeth, Lucy, Sarah. My stay has been long, I understand rooms are being renovated, however my room is very comfortable, and accommodating, I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a clean and enjoyable stay

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear larry w,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience with our hotel facilities and service staff. I am very proud to have so many outstanding associates on our team and will ensure your positive comments are passed on to their attention. We look forward to serving you again!
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Thank you Ratechia for setting a mood of welcome and commitment to guest comfort from the minute she greeted me warmly at the front desk. To me, a hotel's staff and commitment to a positive guest experience is second only to the comfort of the bed, and the Millennium in Durham ranks high for great people. I arrived not having slept for over 24 hours, and was greeted warmly by the doorman. But it was the very professional and super efficient desk clerk, Ratechia, who really welcomed me with pleasant eye contact and who made me feel I was important to the hotel. She saw how tired I was and told she would check me in promptly and efficiently (and she did). She clearly empathized with the stress of travel tiredness, and made sure I knew I was being welcomed to a place where I could rest and relax. Even though there were others waiting to check in, Ratechia's attention and understanding made me feel I was the only person she was concerned about at that moment, an especially appreciated welcome to a person as tired as I was. That meant a lot. In short, staff attentiveness matched the handsomeness of the lobby and public spaces. Thank you Ratechia! As far as the hotel itself goes, the lobby is elegant and beautifully decorated. There is a very attractive and comfortable bar with leather sofas and club tables, and large flat screen playing CNN or sports. The restaurant is very attractive, again with fine service. A large and very clean sunny indoor pool area reinforced the feeling of a relaxing getaway. My room on the first floor was quiet and the beds were immaculate with snowy white soft linens and oversized pillows for relaxing with the flat screen in the room. Very tasty coffee supplied with the in-room coffee maker. There is parking all around the hotel so it was easy to find a space close to the entrance nearest my large room. Here is a great value on an attractive, comfortable hotel, conveniently close to Duke, and a good value. Although I did not use it, I noticed how many vans are in their shuttle service and how there always seems to be one waiting for you - another great sign of living up to its promises. I definitely will return to the Millennium any time I am in Durham.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Patty W,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I was happy to hear you had an opportunity to enjoy and experience all of our facilities and services. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near furture and I will ensure your positive comments regarding Ratechia are passed on to her. We look forward to being your hotel of choice when staying in Durham.
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I arrived on an emergency visit with my sister not knowing where to stay unfamiliar to the area. A Social worker from Duke University recommended us to stay here. I ended up staying for 5 weeks and we currently return every 3 wks for treatments.This is a great place to call home away from home.I would highly recommend anyone to stay here.The hotel is clean,safe, and sits on a beautiful piece of property near the interstate but not close enough to hear noise.I agree with other peoples comments that the hotel could use some updating and I understand they will be starting to soon.There is nothing that would keep me from returning here. I thank every employee for your help and kindness during all of my stays, you are all awesome !Front check in employees;They are all awesome and my family ,not really but... Judy, Jamie, Maggie,Auxie,Roateshia,Octavia, Latasha,Bekarr,Octavia. The manager John was always helpful and friendly The drivers; Paul (he is entertaining) Teddy (my personal GPS and restaurant guide) Ike ( gentle & kind), Thomas,Arnold,Dan,and James.Elizabeth the friendly bar tender and wait staff,Marina,and Kenny in house keeping, were always friendly and helpful. Tom and Stan were the bomb handymen at the hotel always going out of their way to help and make everything perfect. I was not real happy with the breakfast bar thought it could use some improving on taste and price.But my aunt and uncle found nothing wrong with it. So this is a personal thing I guess.Highly recommend you to stay here, they always have the light on for you and the lovely Auxie will greet you with her soft accent and smile when you arrive late night.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with your room and they have other rooms open they will let you change rooms. I...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear che112,
I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to comment on your ongoing stays with us. As a long term and repeat guest, your perspective of our facility and the service the staff provides is very important to us. I am very proud of the entire team here and I will ensure your positive comments and recognition of the service you received is passed on to each and everyone you mentioned. We look forward to continuing to be your location of choice.
Bluefield, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

From the first step into the lobby of this hotel it was both thumbs UP !!!! we were greeted by Maggie, a wonderful cheerful and kind young lady. Little did we know at the time that her kindness was to be reflected though out our entire stay by EVERY staff member. The hotel guests seeking a luxury hotel should by all means go stay there and pay the prices. As for us,we understand the rooms are being renovated, we stayed at 2 other hotels close to the hospital before we were blessed to find The Millennium,I would not return to either one of them, they were bad and I did not waste my time giving them a review.We choose to just not return to them. I am writing this review because our stay here was a GOOD one. The front desk, housekeeping, food service, shuttle service, and STANLEY my night watchman.....I will never forget you for the kindness. John, Octavia, Judy, Jamie, Teddy and ALL the shuttle drivers. So many names, I will need to stop for fear of not enough space.Peace and Light to everyone of you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear BJW115,
I sincerely appreciate your selecting the Millennium Hotel during your recent stay in Durham. Please be assured I will pass on all of your positive comments to; Maggie, Stanley, John, Octavia, Judy, Jamie, Teddy and the rest of the staff. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Been to Millennium Hotel Durham? Share your experiences!