“Expertise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Expertise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Upon arriving I found myself in a valley of smiles from the very first person I met, Philip. He was very helpful and his personality made me feel very welcome and satisfied with my choice of hotels. He gave me great recommedations for surrounding amenities and unlike alot of front desk personnel, clearly showed that he took pride in his job and enjoyed assisting others. I fully enjoyed my stay at this hotel, but my warmest congratulations to the hotel for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Congratulations from the heart, you were fantastic.

Room Tip: Front Desk Supervisor ***** Five Stars
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LM S, Director of Sales at Millennium Hotel Durham, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Kathryn H, thank you for staying with us during your visits to Durham and thank you for your recognition of Philip. We are delighted to have him working with us on our front desk. He is an outstanding hospitality professional. Hopefully, we’ll have the opportunity to be your hosts on a future visit to Durham.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The Millennium is a large, older hotel, well located in Durham. Our room was $79 a night, and worth it. Breakfast was not included, although other guests told us that the hotel offered breakfast and wi fi for $10 a night extra.

There were adequate bellhops, and plenty of parking, which seemed reasonably safe. Housekeeping was good. There were a number of computers that one could use without charge.

The one restaurant, which had an Italian theme, was just fair. It was certainly acceptable in a pinch.

Employees seemed dedicated to provide good service.

Room Tip: Get a room near the back of the hotel. There was a loud wedding and reception one evening, which mi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tennisguy22, thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Durham. We assume you were here for the USTA event! If so and if you made your reservation under the group room block, the fees for your in-room Internet access were waived by contract with the USTA. Guests who book through our regular reservations department and request a 4th floor club room pay a higher rate, but internet access is included as well as breakfast for two and a late checkout of 2 pm. Should you be on another floor other than our 4th floor, you can also get internet access, breakfast for two, and late checkout for an additional fee of $20 per night. Should you return to Durham next year, we look forward to hosting you once again.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have stayed at the Millennium Hotel Durham once a year for the last 10 years and I always enjoy my stay. The dinners are always exceptional and your staff is very helpful. I would like to give Teddy Terezis a special thanks for making my trip to the airport very pleasant. Keep up the good work.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Weaver_12, we want to thank you for being one of our return guests and for taking the time to recognize one of the most upbeat ambassadors of our hotel, Teddy Terezis. Teddy truly enjoys his job and we are fortunate to have him on our staff. Thank you again and we wish you safe and enjoyable travels.
marlton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We chose the hotel because it offers an awesome rate for families with members in the hospital. jensen1 is correct in the "Rooms in need of updating". We also moved from one room to another because the air-conditioning went out. We went to breakfast in the restaurant where the waitress took our drink order, left our table, and went to another table and talked to her friend. After 10 minutes and no drinks, we left. Washing machines and dryers near our room did not work.

Would I recommend the hotel rooms and restaurant for long-term business meetings? I travel a lot for busiiness and hotel meetings where folks expect 5-star accommodations. Based solely on the rooms and restaurant service, no.

Would I recommend it for families with members in the hospital?, If you will be staying in town for an extended period, you can't beat the price especially when you consider the shuttles to and from the hospital, which means no hospital parking fees. The minor inconveniences aren't that big of a deal to me.

So, why am I going to stay here another two weeks? The hotel employees. For everything I found wrong with the hotel, the employees more than made up for it. Betheney at the front desk is just so awesome. When the A/C didn't work, she immediately had another room for us, brought us our new keys and bell cart to move our things, and offered to help if we needed it. She was absolutely wonderful and had a great attitude beyond the fact that she was a hotel employee.

The shuttle drivers are exceptional, very professional, very considerate of the fact that we had a family member in ICU. The driver we had the most was Teddy Terezif. For a five minute drive, he had us rolling in our seats laughing, breaking our somber moods, and just giving us a lift for a long day at the hospital. That alone was worth the stay.

So, all in all, it is not the perfect place but for a country boy like me, it has been an awesome stay.
The hotel accomadatins are a three, the people are a 10 so I give it an over-all 5.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Richard H, thank you for your thoughtful and well written review about our property. We host over 30,000 medical patients and families each year and our staff is the absolute best in assisting our guests. They know many are here under stressful circumstances. We have documented our need for renovation funds to our corporate leaders and are waiting eagerly to get the go ahead. We have received notification that flat screen TVs are on the way and should be here by mid-October. There are two other areas we are hoping for immediately: new air conditioning units and a cell phone booster. Nothing would give me greater pleasure to report that those two key items have been approved. Thank you for staying with us and if there is anything more we can do for you, please just let us know.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Millennium while visiting the NC School of Math & Science. The first room we were given was musty, damp, and had black mold covering the A/C vents. When we informed the front desk, we were given another room promptly, which was better.

Our general impression was that the lobby and restaurant/bar area were pleasant, but elevators, hallways, and rooms were in need of updating and much better cleaning. *shudder*

• Stayed September 2012
Babsie444, thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Durham. We have documented the need for renovation funds to our corporate leadership and are waiting eagerly to hear that funds have been approved. We have received notification that flat screen TVs are on the way and should be here by mid-October. There are two other areas we are hoping for immediately: new air conditioning units and a cell phone booster. Nothing would give me greater pleasure to report that those two key items have been approved. Should you return to Durham, we hope that we will have the opportunity to be your host once again.
durham nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Had to write in to tell about my stay for my anniversary. The dinner we had was good as was the breakfast. It was my anniversary and two ladies at the desk jacqueline florence and another lady named octavia(forgot her last name) helped me with flowers and making sure the room we had was nice. I would def recommend this hotel and the service we got. excellent

Reggan Draughon
Durham nc

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reggan d, congratulations on your anniversary! We are delighted that we could help make your celebration memorable. Thank you for your kind words about Jacqueline and Octavia. They are two fantastic ladies and they are experts in making sure our hotel guests enjoy their stays. Hopefully, we’ll be able to assist you with future life celebrations and we look forward to hosting you again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I attended a weekend at the hotel last weekend and the services were totally exceptional. I would like to give a special thanks to Jacqueline for her outstanding customer service. I would definitely recommend the hotel and your services to all friends and family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Millennium Hotel Durham? Share your experiences!