“Friendly staff, good location to campus, good shuttle, outdated hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel Durham

You added Millennium Hotel Durham to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel Durham
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2800 Campus Walk Avenue, Durham, NC 27705-4479   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #33 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Alexandria, Virginia
“Friendly staff, good location to campus, good shuttle, outdated hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The staff, location, and the shuttle service make up for the outdated hotel and the amenities. The staff was very friendly and helpful upon our late arrival check-in. The hotel was convenient located close to Duke and the Medical campus. The shuttle and the drivers made it easy to get around without a rented car or taxis. They were also knowledgeable about the area and made personal recommendations. The hotel and its condition are 2 star, the other 3 elements bring up the hotel overall ranking. The hotel room was clean but the room was outdated. The workout areas were also outdated. It is easier and nicer to go for a run through campus to explore the area and get a workout.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Sale Creek, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The staff and the van drivers were very helpful during a very trying time. James Richardson, Paul Green, Jamie Leacock and Teddy Terezis were amazing getting us back and forth to the hospital on the shuttles. They were a big blessing!!!! The staff was also great when we had to call 911 for my Mom. They helped keep me calm and helped the EMT workers get her to the hospital. I also loved the church service on the 3rd floor. I heard them singing and followed it. It was great to have prayer and support during a difficult time. Anna F.

Room Tip: If you have a guest who is there for medical they should be able to stay on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Trinity, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We enjoyed staying at the Millenniun Durham, NC. The staff was really helpful, beautiful hotel, clean rooms. The staff I would like to mention is Teddy,which was really helpful when we were getting from place to place and information about the area. The Lady at front desk was Jacqueline, she was awesome about reservations, checking in and the help with the wedding goodies. They did an superb job on the reception for our son and his new wife's. Thank you again for a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask where your room is located to see if you are close to an outside door to unload easier.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I reallly enjoyed my stay at the Mellenium of Durham. The staff was very great. I met two helpful men when I took the night shuttle, Ike/Paul. Paul helped me to my room and Ike helped me find food later that night.

My stay was short, so I did not get a chance to experience the hotel as I would have liked to. Observing the nice fitness center and the delightful pool, along with courteous staff has invited me back for another stay in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Nearly everything about the Millennium Durham has been superb. Attentive service, clean, well-maintained guest rooms and public spaces, a lovely fitness center, and shuttle drivers whose courtesy is incomparable. If you have to go anywhere nearby, bellman Paul Green (among others) will insure that your ride is swift and pleasant. The rates seem reasonable, but what do I know, I'm from California. I needed a refrigerator in my room for health reasons; it was in place within the hour. As a former newspaper journalist, I have to swallow my disappointment that the hotel does not carry either the New York Times or the Charlotte Observer (it does stoop to USA TODAY), but this is a quibble, and, apparently, a meaningless one to most guests these days. On the other hand, there is a microwave oven in the vending alcove on the first floor, which matters much more to most people than dead-tree media. The closest hotel to Duke!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Let me start off with my dad had just had a major heart attack and was gonna have open heart surgery and so we stayed at the millennium. we were treated so good anything we needed they stepped up to the plate and took care of any where we needed a ride they took us Teddy was so nice and took us to the hospital and back to hotel but now PAUL was supper nice and very sweet and kind to us he help my disabled mom in and out of the van and opened every door for us with him he took the best care of us in our time of need.Paul is such a great employee i hope you'll at the millennium hotel know what a great and kind man Paul is he was wonderful to me and my family and we will never forget his kindness to us and the way he made us feel at home there.. PAUL YOU ARE AWSUM AT YOUR JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Millennium Hotel Durham? Share your experiences!