“Mediocre property with a good location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4912 South Miami Blvd, Durham, NC 27703   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #42 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Little Rock, AR
“Mediocre property with a good location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed here recently while in town for a conference in RTP. This hotel is conveniently located right off of the freeway, and is convenient for commuting to locations within RTP. The staff was friendly as well.

Upon arrival I was given the keys to a smoking room despite the fact that I had a confirmed reservation for a non-smoking room. Upon calling down to the front desk, I was told that no non-smoking rooms were available with the exception of a handicap-accessible room with a zero-entry shower instead of a normal tub/shower combo. As someone who finds cigarette smoke to be extremely irritating, I had no choice but to accept the alternate room. The next morning, I stepped into the shower to discover that the hot water in my shower did not function. The sink had hot water, but not the shower. This was fixed by the hotel staff once I notified them, but these experiences make me question the management of this property.

As has been noted by other travelers, the free breakfast was one of the most disappointing that I have encountered.

I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Arkansas_Dad,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your wonderful comment regarding our friendly staff.

However, We’re sorry about the room assignment and for the lack of hot water in the shower. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms, only problem I had was during the end of my one week stay there was no hot water in the showers, it was freezing! I spoke to one of the workers there who said there was somebody coming to fix it but it was still cold the next couple days so I don't know what happened there! Good standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast, and close to Walmart and take away restaurants, post office etc.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

Room very clean. Great location for airport and access to Durham and Chapel Hill.
Trouble with AC on two nights. Asked to be moved away from elevator and switched to one beside it though noise was never a problem.
Hotel staff pleasant.

• Stayed April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Dear Travelingconnection,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good and the really good comments, I truly value the bad comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Thank you again for your review.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
Winston-Salem, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

One of the worst breakfasts ever - better to have bagels juice and coffee. Egg thing was nasty and sausage had hard pieces in it - scary. and warm breakfast rolls looked good but were obviously from a package - oh well.
Hotel was just ok for the price - many others around are better.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Hudson Valley, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I spent 1 night at the Holiday Inn. The check-in staff was friendly, offering me water and popcorn and pointing out the manager's reception. The reception offered some chips and meatballs, beer and wine. There were also cookies available in the lobby. My room was clean and of a comfortable size. It included a small refridgerator and microwave. There were no problems with noise. Internet access worked fine. There is a small exercise room with bike, treadmill, and weights. The breakfast was typical for Holiday Inn Express, mostly a continental breakfast but also with biscuits and gravy, eggs, and pancakes. No hot chocolate was available though, only coffee and tea. The bed was OK, although I have slept in more comfortable beds in other hotels.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Very nice rooms with all amenities that a business traveler would need but the highlight was service I received from the staff.

My flight getting in was horribly delayed and I arrived at RTP airport at 3am (when I was actually supposed to arrive at 10pm but kept getting delayed). I had called up the hotel from my connecting airport earlier and then at 3 am from RDU - they arranged for a taxi and picked up the tab for the trip (short ride and even at that hour would have been ~$15 per the cab driver - but the action counts).

The next day, I realized that my co-worker (coming from another office location) and on whose name the shared rental car was going to be, also couldn't make it in, the previous night. When I asked the staffer at the front desk (different one from the previous night - I believe her name was Michelle) for a cab, she had the hotel shuttle drop me to the my RTP office location free of charge and offered to pick me up as well if I needed.

I was left completely speechless with the genuiness with which both the hotel front desk staffers (at 2 different times) helped...will definitely stay here again if I have the chance to return to this area...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Clinton, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Got in from dinner about 9:00PM & the wife wanted to take a bath. Water was warm at best and not suitable for bathing. Desk clerk was going to move us to another room, but the water was the same there (checked two other rooms). She had no maintenance support so they moved us to the HIE over on Airport Blvd. It was not the Desk Clerk's fault but she did everything she could to resolve the situation. The ownership of this establishment needs to take responsibility for this and make sure the staff has adequate support for the physical plant of the building.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Dear Telman11,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our property; I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We appreciate all feedback and I will discuss your review with the Holiday Inn Express RTP's General Manager to improve this in the future.

I am glad to hear that the desk clerk promptly handled your situation and that you have given good ratings in terms of the value and service of your stay. Our staff is well-trained in assisting guests to the best of their ability.

Please feel free to contact me at the e-mail address listed below if you would like to discuss any of the issues regarding your stay.

David Amick
eCommerce Manager
david.amick@dalyseven.com

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!